[ROM] G530F/G530H 5.1.1 stock alpha

Search This thread

hangy18

Jan 28, 2010
Hi, I made a port 5.1.1 stock rom for G530F or G530H from american phones G530W and G530T (with trap kernel). The rom is almost fully functional unfortunately, these american versions have different camera and nfc doesn't turn on at all.

Camera has black screen and shows error "Camera failed". Nfc switch is stuck after turning it on.

I have tried using camera firmware from 5.0.2 it did not work. If I change the vendor folder it would not boot at all. Can anybody help with porting camera libraries? Is this possible at all?

EDIT: Apparently G530R4, US Cellular version of G530 has the same camera drivers in vendor/lib folder. I did flash R4 firmware , hovewer camera or nfc wont work.

DOWNLOAD

* attached xposed files

BUGS
  • camera
  • nfc

CREDITS

Attachments

• xposed-v75.3-sdk22-tw-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20151019.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 14,257
  • XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4_1_.apk
    611.8 KB · Views: 8,643
Last edited:

kn06497

Oct 25, 2013
Guayaquil
@Nonta72 you can help?

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

Hi, I made a port 5.1.1 stock rom for G530F or G530H from american phones G530W and G530T (with trap kernel). The rom is almost fully functional unfortunately, these american versions have different camera and nfc doesn't turn on at all.

Camera has black screen and shows error "Camera failed". Nfc switch is stuck after turning it on.

I have tried using camera firmware from 5.0.2 it did not work. If I change the vendor folder it would not boot at all. Can anybody help with porting camera libraries? Is this possible at all?

EDIT: Apparently G530R4, US Cellular version of G530 has the same camera drivers in vendor/lib folder. I did flash R4 firmware , hovewer camera or nfc wont work.

DOWNLOAD

BUGS
  • camera
  • nfc

CREDITS

Bug: G530H/DS
No work signal data :confused:

Reactions: SekesOne

hangy18

Jan 28, 2010
does this work in SM-G530H?????

Yes it should but mind that it is alpha, there are bugs: camera, nfc and as other user mentioned signal may not work. I uploaded it so someone could help with porting camera. I have spend last week trying to do that but as the oficial update is near it is pointless and I will make custom rom with xposed support when the oficial firmware is out.

Sent from my SM-G530FZ using XDA Free mobile app

Yes it should but mind that it is alpha, there are bugs: camera, nfc and as other user mentioned signal may not work. I uploaded it so someone could help with porting camera. I have spend last week trying to do that but as the oficial update is near it is pointless and I will make custom rom with xposed support when the oficial firmware is out.

is the signal data work ?

Reactions: roozbeh158

krystianjolek

May 24, 2013
Belgium, Poland

DOWNLOAD

BUGS
  • camera
  • nfc

CREDITS
Please Polish language in ROM ...

arnaudbails

Dec 16, 2014

hi ! do you know if the Rom work on a G530Fz ? i would like to try it ! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DOWNLOAD

* attached xposed files

BUGS
    • camera
    • nfc

CREDITS
    Nearly Everything Has Been Fixed!

Hi everyone. This Rom was left behind but I started working on it nd I'm happy to announce that I've fixed nearly everything. Camera nd RIL are working for G530H. There are some things which I'm currently testing out so after I'm done the Rom will be available to all of you! :)
    Getting closer guys, I finally found right device tree for our device, which is "msm_8916_kleos", this should solve lot of issues, but I am not sure why there is no driver for "imx219" rear camera in samsung official sources anywhere, maybe it is not needed, I hope the device tree will solve all issues when I compile it at home today.

I also have working xposed zip from official xposed thread. I will upload the zip file and post an update about the device tree later today when I am at home.
    to the carrier of this rom, try to talk with a rom developer of S5, Note4 etc., maybe they can tell you what you have to do to camera work

This is my first port I am getting into it really slowly, so far I have created virtualbox with ubuntu, compiled new kernel that would boot, it took me almost 4 days to make the kernel work. Now I must compile the whole rom, cause it looks like kernel isn't enough to get camera working, in fact when I made custom kernel for camera, more things stopped working. It really is hard. :p
    @hangy18
    I test you rom and bugs:
    Camera, flash
    Screen Rotation
    Signal (g530H duos)
    No bootanimation

Someone can solved this bugs :confused: