[REF] Solving touchscreen sensitivity issue

Search This thread

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
As some of you have noticed SGS2 touchscreen have quite an annoying issue - it starts to register movement only when you have moved finger on screen quite a bit. Probably this video will explain it better: Youtube video. (original thread)

I have analyzed kernel sources and found ways to fix this issue, so the touchscreen will behave normally like on SGS1.

1) use attached app. Obviously you will need root for this. Just drag slider to 0, press "Apply" and press "Enable serv.". That will make service to autostart when you reboot, and apply settings after every screen lock/unlock cycle. Please note - some people reported that movement becomes a bit jerky immediately after applying setting, so just lock/unlock your phone. At least for me everything is smooth then. Also you can play with advanced settings if you feel adventurous :)
BTW you can test settings in this app too - large black area is a multi-touch tester as well :)

2) any custom kernel maker - just modify file /arch/arm/mach-s5pv310/mach-c1.c
you need to change this config structure (and of course mention me and this thread in your kernel description :)) :
Code:
static u8 t9_config[] = {TOUCH_MULTITOUCHSCREEN_T9,
				131, 0, 0, 19, 11, 0, 32, MXT224_THRESHOLD, 2, 1,
				15,		/* MOVHYSTI */
				1, 11, MXT224_MAX_MT_FINGERS, 5, 40, 10, 31, 3,
				223, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 143, 55, 143, 90, 18};

change
Code:
15,		/* MOVHYSTI */
to
Code:
0,		/* MOVHYSTI */

AND guys if you find it useful, don't be leechers, buy me a beer, I spend a lot of time figuring all of this out :)
link to buy a beer

Attachments

• TouchScreenTune.apk
    23.7 KB · Views: 32,569
Last edited:

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
On the SGS1 I remembered there was some service menu code to change the touch screen sensitivity and some kernel changes as well that didnt rely on running an app, would that be possible on the SGS2 in the future as well ?

zmirburger

Aug 8, 2010
GREAT job!! really well done, works without any hiccups :)

PS - if it annoys anyone that the su app allows this app permission after every screen on, just switch off notifications in the su app!

sorrowuk

Apr 5, 2011
So the 2nd option is the better option because you don't have to constantly have a service running setting this every unlock which would use battery and maybe other things?

sorrowuk

Apr 5, 2011
Whats all these advanced options? You able to explain what they do?
Or is there any interesting ones worth mentioning ?

What does MOVHYSTI stand for :p

Ooo and another thing is there a way to edit a kernel thats all ready been compiled to have this change? Like hex edit or something :p

Last edited:

tonysac

Jul 15, 2010
Thanks for this m8 , really works!

Lite 1.5/Tegrak's kernel/1500Mhz

bcam117

Apr 7, 2010
This seems to have broken certain things. Put ur phone down and with 4fingers make a square. Some touch points disappear now (like on the s1)

cle_m_ent

Nov 8, 2008
Lyon
Thanks for the tips, I have not trouble with 4 fingers in square.

I have made a translation for french here with your thanks link.

bcam117

Apr 7, 2010
The square thing happened even in my hand after applying settings PLUS the sensitivity seems to really decrease. To test this I basically just use my nail or part of my nail on my finger. And yes I locked/unlocked. I will experiment more. And I am not trying to be an a** to the dev just stating my experience so far.

prodygee

Oct 19, 2009
Also, putting it on 0 can make the phone register tiny swipes as clicks. (which you actually meant to be swipes)

Nonetheless, I rike it!

bcam117

Apr 7, 2010
Ok I rebooted my phone and locked/unlocked it and this time everything seems to be fine :)
I might have been locking/unlocking it too quickly or something before.
Anyways awesome work.

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Huh whaa?? Just got back from work so im tired but do u mean u have to apply this after every screen lock/unlock cycle?? :-/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

slind

Aug 18, 2007
Bremen
Working great. But the notification after every unlock is kinda annoying. I know I can turn that off globally, but this leaves me with an insecure feeling.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As some of you have noticed SGS2 touchscreen have quite an annoying issue - it starts to register movement only when you have moved finger on screen quite a bit. Probably this video will explain it better: Youtube video. (original thread)

I have analyzed kernel sources and found ways to fix this issue, so the touchscreen will behave normally like on SGS1.

1) use attached app. Obviously you will need root for this. Just drag slider to 0, press "Apply" and press "Enable serv.". That will make service to autostart when you reboot, and apply settings after every screen lock/unlock cycle. Please note - some people reported that movement becomes a bit jerky immediately after applying setting, so just lock/unlock your phone. At least for me everything is smooth then. Also you can play with advanced settings if you feel adventurous :)
    BTW you can test settings in this app too - large black area is a multi-touch tester as well :)

2) any custom kernel maker - just modify file /arch/arm/mach-s5pv310/mach-c1.c
    you need to change this config structure (and of course mention me and this thread in your kernel description :)) :
    Code:
    static u8 t9_config[] = {TOUCH_MULTITOUCHSCREEN_T9,
    				131, 0, 0, 19, 11, 0, 32, MXT224_THRESHOLD, 2, 1,
    				15,		/* MOVHYSTI */
    				1, 11, MXT224_MAX_MT_FINGERS, 5, 40, 10, 31, 3,
    				223, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 143, 55, 143, 90, 18};

change
    Code:
    15,		/* MOVHYSTI */
    to
    Code:
    0,		/* MOVHYSTI */

AND guys if you find it useful, don't be leechers, buy me a beer, I spend a lot of time figuring all of this out :)
    link to buy a beer
    GREAT job!! really well done, works without any hiccups :)

PS - if it annoys anyone that the su app allows this app permission after every screen on, just switch off notifications in the su app!
    Yeah, some Apps and UI elements have another "filter" to prevent accidental swipes and the such.
    This seems to have broken certain things. Put ur phone down and with 4fingers make a square. Some touch points disappear now (like on the s1)

this occurs even without applying this fix. not really a problem though as it dowsnt happen if held in the hand
    I only see this work in the touch screen test area. It doesn't work on anything else like home, browser, games, apps, etc. What's the point? I still get a delay/lag like in the vid

same here too!!! please help