Tmobile galaxy s2 CPU info.

Search This thread

ghaznavi

Jan 18, 2012
The system info widget displays one processor info on my phone, the other slot is shown as '0'. Does out mean that my Tmobile Samsung s2 has one processor only. What about having the dual core.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Joy2DaWurld

Nov 17, 2010
LOLOLOL hilarious.

I promise it's just a bug. If it was any kind of a hardware error, your phone wouldn't run at all. Even if you manually turn one core off, the other core still depends on it to work properly.

Reactions: ghaznavi

yoft1

Feb 15, 2012
The system info widget displays one processor info on my phone, the other slot is shown as '0'. Does out mean that my Tmobile Samsung s2 has one processor only. What about having the dual core.

Depending on the ROM/kernel/CPU app you're using, they will turn off the second core when not needed to save battery and only kick it on when you need the extra punch. That might be what's happening here. Either that or a screwy widget.

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
In programming and all that jazz, you start with 0 instead of 1.

Hence CPU: 0 and CPU: 1

And yes, one of the cores is off most of the time to save battery.

ghaznavi

Jan 18, 2012
I can gather from what you dears say: that one of the processors is off working.
The other argument that computer lingo starts with 0 and 1 is not valid in my case as the sequence shown by the app is: 1 and 0, nit the other way around.
It, therefore, raises another question which is: whether a Tmobile galaxy s2 can operate if one of the processors is removed completely? And, wether it is technically possible to remove one of the processors?
What would you say to that?

Mitallust

Oct 17, 2011
Vancouver
I can gather from what you dears say: that one of the processors is off working.
The other argument that computer lingo starts with 0 and 1 is not valid in my case as the sequence shown by the app is: 1 and 0, nit the other way around.
It, therefore, raises another question which is: whether a Tmobile galaxy s2 can operate if one of the processors is removed completely? And, wether it is technically possible to remove one of the processors?

It doesn't have two processors, it has a dual core processor. It is "possible" for a core to be non-functioning, but I really doubt that is the case, as processors undergo extensive testing before being released for use.

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
No argument here...you asked why you had one cpu and the othet was "0". So you were given the answer. I dont know what makes you think that you could some how remove just one core...it doesnt work like that. It is one wafer with two cpu cores. You remove one, then the other one is also removed so youd have a non working phone.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Rod3

Jun 12, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas

I would say you are an idiot.

ghaznavi

Jan 18, 2012
Thank you for taking your time answering my question. I asked because I got a dialer installed through a mobile shop and after that my battery was almost busy: didn't run for more than 8 hours idling and some calls. I smelled foul play because here in the UAE almost every mobile technician is a thief. 2 years back somebody stole a ram chip from my notebook. And now when I checked my phone info.I grew doubtful. That's the reason I was curious.
Thanks again.
Ghaznavi

bzlik88

Jul 14, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Thank you for taking your time answering my question. I asked because I got a dialer installed through a mobile shop and after that my battery was almost busy: didn't run for more than 8 hours idling and some calls. I smelled foul play because here in the UAE almost every mobile technician is a thief. 2 years back somebody stole a ram chip from my notebook. And now when I checked my phone info.I grew doubtful. That's the reason I was curious.
Thanks again.
Ghaznavi

Wait....a what?? A dialer?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

PrinceFX

Nov 13, 2009
Thanks again.
Ghaznavi

Relax, unless you bought a chinese clone of T-MO SG2, then its probably an issue with the app. If you're phone's battery life decreases after installing an app, then its an issue with the app, NOT the hardware! Uninstall the app. :rolleyes:

Also, it takes a LOT to tinker with the hardware and then make it work and I KNOW that no technician in the UAE is capeable of something like that. I know that because I lived in the UAE for 17 years :cool:

ghaznavi

Jan 18, 2012
Thanks and highest regards for your learned opinion.
I am grateful.
Ghaznavi

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah sounds like it is staying constantly connected via your data connection. Check it's connection settings or you could use something like Juice Defender and set the per app policy and/or also manage when and why your phone uses your data connection.

Voip use your data connection to make calls and not your cellular connection so it uses battery now as cellular service never quits you are still using the data connection to host the bandwidth of those calls when in call and a lesser connection when idle to poll for incoming calls as well (juice defender offers tablet mode to kill cellular connection and slow only wifi if you have no need to make calls via normal doodler or you don't mind toggling it to save battery). Also, depends on the developer and how they code their app as to exactly how all that is controlled, so different apps may cause different amounts of data usage to accomplish the same thing. You may find another app you like that allows you to manually enter another compatible services account.

Google voice is different it initiates a call to a call center phone line they item or operate as local to you as possible then dials your intended contact via that proxy call automatically for you and spoofs your accounts caller-id so it appears as your virtual Google voice number and not the proxy call center number it used to initiate the call. Thus all Google voice calls carry on the cellular side and don't require data.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Green Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No. The Tmobile SGS2 has a dual core. It probably just a bug with the widget.
    LOLOLOL hilarious.

I promise it's just a bug. If it was any kind of a hardware error, your phone wouldn't run at all. Even if you manually turn one core off, the other core still depends on it to work properly.

Depending on the ROM/kernel/CPU app you're using, they will turn off the second core when not needed to save battery and only kick it on when you need the extra punch. That might be what's happening here. Either that or a screwy widget.

Correct.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk