Cant obtain root for MJE

Search This thread

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
Hey everyone. Hoping someone can help. I asked questions in the URDLV thread but got my hand slapped because that thread isn't in the official Verizon forums.

No idea what Im doing wrong. Here are the details.. I got my CSC. I downloaded N900VVRUBMJE_N900VVZWMJE.

I have cygwin installed. I have Universal-RDLV_v05 on my desktop. I open cygwin and cd to that folder. I then run ./URDLV.sh full (Path To My MJE tar.md5) inside of cygwin.

When I do this it extracts the firmware, says its hooking system image, verifies system hook, finds system hook and then creates an odin flash able tar. The creation pieces takes about 15 seconds and a new tar is in my output folder. I then put the phone into download mode and use odin to AP that tar.md5 file. Odin gets all the way to the end and then it fails. If I reboot the phone its corrupt and I have to odin the regular MJE to get back up and running.

What am I doing wrong? I don't get any errors that indicate that Im having issues when it is creating the tar. And the regular tar I have before going through this mess is fine as I can Odin it ok before running the script. Verizon Note 3.

I want to add that I have followed the steps in post 1127 of that thread exactly, using the firmware for my phone, and it still failed at the end.
http://xdaforums.com/show...postcount=1127

Not sure where I am going wrong on this.

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
To expand on my last post - I decided to redownload the tar file from sammobile and start the whole process over again. I still get the fail when pushing the created tar file in Odin so I started following GalaxHE's post again.

This time I get all the way to this part:

ComputerName /cygdrive/c/temp/MK2_stock
$ tar -H ustar -c boot.img modem.bin rpm.mbn system.img.ext4 cache.img.ext4 NON-HLOS.bin sbl1.mbn tz.mbn hidden.img.ext4 recovery.img sdi.mbn > MK2VEGA.tar

In my case, I named the files MJE_stock. I run the above script in cygwin and get this error:

/cygdrive/c/temp/MJE_stock
$ tar -H ustar -c boot.img modem.bin rpm.mbn system.img.ext4 cache.img.ext4 NON-HLOS.bin sbl1.mbn tz.mbn hidden.img.ext4 recovery.img sdi.mbn > MJEVEGA.tar
tar: hidden.img.ext4: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

This file does NOT exist on my MJE_stock folder. I never touched it in any way. I just went back to the original MJE file I downloaded from sammobile, extracted it down again, and there is no hidden.img.ext4 file anywhere to be seen.

What is this file and how important is it? the MJE from sammobile restores my phone fine, even though that file isnt in it.

I packaged the file by taking the piece regarding that hidden file out. Worse case I figured I repackage and start from there. Went through the remaining steps and pushed the file with Odin and once again it fails. Same place each time.

<ID:0/005> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Someone, PLEASE HELP.

ryanbg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2008
movr0.com
Hello sir,

First step. Relax. I'll take care of ya. '/cygdrive/c/temp/MK2_stock' it looks like you might have downloaded the wrong package.

Here is stock MJE

Download that. Next, you'll want to get Kingo root here

Ignore all the hubub about it, it's fine. Go ahead and get that.

System.img is giving a fail auth error either because it's for the S4, or it's because the file is not 'signed' meaning it's not authorized by Verizon/Samsung, since it's not official, or it wasn't made for your specific model. PM me if you need any further assistance.

For further reference, you can find all VZW firmware and modems in this thread here

Last edited:

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
Hello sir,

First step. Relax. I'll take care of ya. '/cygdrive/c/temp/MK2_stock' it looks like you might have downloaded the wrong package.

Here is stock MJE

System.img is giving a fail auth error either because it's for the S4, or it's because the file is not 'signed' meaning it's not authorized by Verizon/Samsung, since it's not official, or it wasn't made for your specific model. PM me if you need any further assistance.

For further reference, you can find all VZW firmware and modems in this thread here

Hello. Thanks for the reply.

Despite mentioning MK2, I did use MJE. As I mentioned, I can flash the MJE file before modifying it with URDLV fine. I obtained my CSC and used that to determine that MJE was the right file for me.

Based on the name of the file you linked me to, thats the same file I used. Its like somehow when using URDLV the system.img is becoming corrupted.

I wouldn't think Verizon would use the same MJE file for the S4 as it does for the note? Wouldn't it be completely different?

I was really trying to avoid using Kingo since it seems like no one knows exactly what all its doing yet.

ryanbg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2008
movr0.com

Despite mentioning MK2, I did use MJE. As I mentioned, I can flash the MJE file before modifying it with URDLV fine. I obtained my CSC and used that to determine that MJE was the right file for me.

Based on the name of the file you linked me to, thats the same file I used. Its like somehow when using URDLV the system.img is becoming corrupted.

I wouldn't think Verizon would use the same MJE file for the S4 as it does for the note? Wouldn't it be completely different?

I was really trying to avoid using Kingo since it seems like no one knows exactly what all its doing yet.

The URDLV program you are running modifies MJE. You are correct. The problem is that when you modify that file, you break the digital signature on that file, meaning it is no longer the original file and is not authorized to be flashed. It appears that program is for people without signature verification enabled aka 'unlocked bootloader' if you will. The Verizon Note 3 does not have such luxury. I wouldn't worry about Kingo. It's a closed source exploit because they don't want it patched, which might make some people uncomfortable, and rightfully so, but I've yet to see any implications from it and I've used it multiple times on multiple devices. Vroot was the sketchy one sending IMEIs to China.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello sir,

Here is stock MJE

The URDLV program you are running modifies MJE. You are correct. The problem is that when you modify that file, you break the digital signature on that file, meaning it is no longer the original file and is not authorized to be flashed. It appears that program is for people without signature verification enabled aka 'unlocked bootloader' if you will. The Verizon Note 3 does not have such luxury. I wouldn't worry about Kingo. It's a closed source exploit because they don't want it patched, which might make some people uncomfortable, and rightfully so, but I've yet to see any implications from it and I've used it multiple times on multiple devices. Vroot was the sketchy one sending IMEIs to China.