[ROM][AOSP][FIREBALL][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] HTC Inc 4G LTE codefireX

Search This thread

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

CodefireX.com[/url]​

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.

Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

• Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
  • Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
  • Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
  • Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
  • Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
  • Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
  • Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
  • Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.
Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:

• T-Mobile Theme Engine.
  • DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
  • Quick Settings panel customizations.
  • Live network stats in your statusbar.
  • Button backlight customizations.
  • Hardware button customizations.
  • Volume button customizations.
  • Many more being added during the nightly builds.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

link removed[/url]

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:

• The Android Open Source Project
  • LLVM CI
  • Linux Foundation
  • Code Aurora Forum
  • CyanogenMod Inc.
  • Chainfire
  • The entire 8960 CM team for making this device relevant still!!
  • Many more!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGOAT232412

chupajr

Jan 13, 2011
Thanks! I'm testing this out. It's quite nice!

The only issue I've run into in a few hours of operation is that I changed the App Switcher hw key to be Open/Close Menu. Then, pressing that on the home screen shows a UI with a couple of options. But, when I press on Settings, it doesn't do anything.

Definitely not a big issue since I always use Nova anyway (and it works fine in Nova), but just wanted to pass that along.

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Thanks! I'm testing this out. It's quite nice!

The only issue I've run into in a few hours of operation is that I changed the App Switcher hw key to be Open/Close Menu. Then, pressing that on the home screen shows a UI with a couple of options. But, when I press on Settings, it doesn't do anything.

Definitely not a big issue since I always use Nova anyway (and it works fine in Nova), but just wanted to pass that along.

Testing fixes for that today...

Other notes on today's builds...
Today's builds should have fixes for most of the app related issues that have been reported thus far. Only exception is the FC that was reported with email app. That should be fixed in tomorrows builds.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Only issue we still have that I know of is swype FC's. However all our servers are down for maintenance this morning. And haven't come back up yet

flyinjoe13

Dec 23, 2010
Has anyone who tried this ROM had the issue with the radio? I.E., the radio gets borked and the phone number comes up as all zeroes in the about phone section. That was the one reason I was never able to use a CM10 rom. Every one I tried borked my radio so I've been stuck with the stock ROM. I would love to get on a more traditional Android based ROM, but I can't have the radio problem.

Also, does this require any special version of CWM recovery?

Thanks....

Last edited:

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Has anyone who tried this ROM had the issue with the radio? I.E., the radio gets borked and the phone number comes up as all zeroes in the about phone section. That was the one reason I was never able to use a CM10 rom. Every one I tried borked my radio so I've been stuck with the stock ROM. I would love to get on a more traditional Android based ROM, but I can't have the radio problem.

Also, does this require any special version of CWM recovery?

Thanks....

If you have this issue on cm11 you will have it here as well.

You need a newer cwm or twrp capable of flashing. I would assume there one floating around here somewhere for CM11.

flyinjoe13

Dec 23, 2010
Everything seems to be working fine. No problems with the borked radio so far. I do have a couple of questions about some options that used to be available in Android 4.2 and 4.3 based ROMs. I don't know if these were things that the ROM developers added or if they were there by default and Google took them away in android 4.4.

1.) There used to be more options for the status bar. Things like adding am/pm to the clock, changing the battery icon, etc. Were these options that Google took away or custom options that the ROM developers added? If they are custom, are there any plans to add them back?

2.) There used to be the option that if you pulled down the right side of the notification window, it would bring up the Quick Settings tiles by default. Again, was this an option that Google took away or custom options that the ROM developers added? If they are custom, are there any plans to add them back?

3.) Any plans to add an option to wake the screen using the volume buttons to help reduce overusage of the power button? Not a big deal, just curious.

4.) Not a big deal here, but how do you turn off the CRT animation when putting the phone to sleep? I know it's in there somewhere, but I can't remember which setting it is under.

Probably think of more eventually

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Everything seems to be working fine. No problems with the borked radio so far. I do have a couple of questions about some options that used to be available in Android 4.2 and 4.3 based ROMs. I don't know if these were things that the ROM developers added or if they were there by default and Google took them away in android 4.4.

1.) There used to be more options for the status bar. Things like adding am/pm to the clock, changing the battery icon, etc. Were these options that Google took away or custom options that the ROM developers added? If they are custom, are there any plans to add them back?

2.) There used to be the option that if you pulled down the right side of the notification window, it would bring up the Quick Settings tiles by default. Again, was this an option that Google took away or custom options that the ROM developers added? If they are custom, are there any plans to add them back?

3.) Any plans to add an option to wake the screen using the volume buttons to help reduce overusage of the power button? Not a big deal, just curious.

4.) Not a big deal here, but how do you turn off the CRT animation when putting the phone to sleep? I know it's in there somewhere, but I can't remember which setting it is under.

Probably think of more eventually

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear its running well. I never get much feedback here as there's a pretty limited userbase. Keep in mind CFX was designed to be minimal, as close to aosp as is functional and minimal set of important features.

1. That's all custom add-ons. We may add some eventually..

2. Custom addons as well but this is something I'd like to add as well.

3. Also custom, also something I'd like to get added.

4. There's no option here to kill just that animation. Under developer options in settings(tap build # in about phone 7 times to expose this menu) you can disable all animations.

flyinjoe13

Dec 23, 2010
Thanks for the answers. It is a nice smooth ROM and the things I asked about are not really a big deal. It won't keep me from using it because I finally found an AOSP rom that doesn't bork my radio.

Now I just need to figure out how to flash a few modified stock .apks. My updater script doesn't seem to work with Kit Kat or my current version of recovery. I may have to try and remember how to do it manually. It's been so long that i've forgotten the steps.

flyinjoe13

Dec 23, 2010
Just wanted to pop in and say while I would love to give you feedback on the ROM, I have no feedback to give. It has run without a hitch for everything I have used it for. I have no idea what you guys are adding in the latest nightlies, but the version I am using from February 8 is about as stable a ROM as I have ever used. I can't see how any of the newer nightlies could work better. I have no plans to update to a newer version until I see some significant additions, like the ones I mentioned a few posts up.

A couple of side questions. If you were me would you enable ART or stick with Dalvik? Is ART still in the infant stages at this point?

Also, what does the CFXTools.apk do? I always cleanup the ROMs I install by deleting apps, sounds, etc. that I have no use for. I was hesitant to remove the CFXTools.apk because I wasn't sure what it did. In looking inside the .apk, I think it is a weather app because I noticed all the .png files reference weather conditions.

Thanks for the great ROM. Others should really try this one if they want Kit Kat on their Inc4G.

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Just wanted to pop in and say while I would love to give you feedback on the ROM, I have no feedback to give. It has run without a hitch for everything I have used it for. I have no idea what you guys are adding in the latest nightlies, but the version I am using from February 8 is about as stable a ROM as I have ever used. I can't see how any of the newer nightlies could work better. I have no plans to update to a newer version until I see some significant additions, like the ones I mentioned a few posts up.

A couple of side questions. If you were me would you enable ART or stick with Dalvik? Is ART still in the infant stages at this point?

Also, what does the CFXTools.apk do? I always cleanup the ROMs I install by deleting apps, sounds, etc. that I have no use for. I was hesitant to remove the CFXTools.apk because I wasn't sure what it did. In looking inside the .apk, I think it is a weather app because I noticed all the .png files reference weather conditions.

Thanks for the great ROM. Others should really try this one if they want Kit Kat on their Inc4G.

At that point CFXtools was an unimplemented weather app and all of our internal shorcuts and java goodies...its a holding place for all things cfx. So don't delete it :)

ART here is stable as ive ever seen on 4.4. AOSP has moved to art exclusivley upstream now. I will warn you though, there are some apps that just wont work on ART. Also when you switch first bot will take 10-15 minutes, and then you should reboot 2 more times to let it finish optimizing apps. After that you should be solid. This procedure will need to be done again if you flash a newer nightly.

Oh and FYI...ART is fast!

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

flyinjoe13

Dec 23, 2010
Thanks again for the info. I went ahead and switched to ART. Every app I use seems to work fine. The one thing I noticed was that ART uses more space than Dalvik. I lost about 115mb of space switching to ART. For now I don't think that is a big deal. Apps do seem to launch a bit faster. The one I really noticed it on was PowerAmp. I'll be curious to see what it does for battery life.

flyinjoe13

Dec 23, 2010
How do you get codefire to mount your removable sdcard when you connect the phone to the computer? It only mounts my internal storage. Thx...

flyinjoe13

Dec 23, 2010
OK, thanks.

Do you have anyone involved with Codefire that has any theming knowledge? I'm trying to change the blue dialer numbers to white and can't seem to figure out how to do that. I changed all the dial_num_*_wht .png files in the dialer.apk and teleservice.apk, but that only changed the numbers for the incall dialpad. It did not change the numbers for the main dialer. I've looked through a bunch of the .apks trying to find reference to the dial_num files but so far have only found them in the dialer and teleservice .apks and that didn't work. Thought maybe you had someone on staff who might know what I am overlooking. Thanks....

nconroy1

Feb 2, 2009
GPS and Ext sd card

Anyone having any issues with GPS locking on? Any suggestions?

Also get sd card unavailable, have tried to set path in root browser to /storage but no joy. Any suggestions?

Installed yesterday and is running very smooth.
Thanks

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Sad day in the CFX world. CFX as we know it now is dead. Our 2 main leaders have parted ways with a difference of opinion in the future direction of the project. Thanks to all who have participated in this.

Mods its time to close up shop here.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

CodefireX.com[/url]​

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.

Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
    pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

• Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
    • Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    • Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
    • Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
    • Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
    • Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    • Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    • Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.
    Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:

• T-Mobile Theme Engine.
    • DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
    • Quick Settings panel customizations.
    • Live network stats in your statusbar.
    • Button backlight customizations.
    • Hardware button customizations.
    • Volume button customizations.
    • Many more being added during the nightly builds.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

link removed[/url]

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
    Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:

• The Android Open Source Project
    • LLVM CI
    • Linux Foundation
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • CyanogenMod Inc.
    • Chainfire
    • The entire 8960 CM team for making this device relevant still!!
    • Many more!