[SDK][PreAlpha Preview] DualTouch SDK for resistive Screens

Search This thread

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
Beta Version is HERE (Beta1).

looking for developer to write an Album Application (OpenGlEs?) and utilize the SDK to enable pinch-to-zoom on resistive screens.

Greetings,
Wow right!
finally i was able to perform a dual touch on our resistive screens and you can find the dll in the attachements along with a demo app!

NOTE TO EVERYONE :
Please don't report the 1 finger bug, it's well known and it will be eliminated (BTW, Zoom in is possible with 1 finger but zoom out is not)
this demo app is simply a demo app and only to show that the SDK is functional, it WILL NOT zoom to focus the pinched area! if you can develop a demo application and you have a graphics development experience please be my guest and i will help you with the SDK. the current demo only resizes the image and doesn't relocate it. i can do a proper one but this will mean taking time from the real project.
thank you

documentation will NOT be available as this is a preAlpha and it's just to get you excited :D

here is the demo

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_kIpLWa3Y

Notice :
  • i'm not responsible for anything might happen to your phone (Even though i'm sure there is nothing to go wrong but just in case).
  • This is just a pre-alpha, and there is no garantee to go beyond this version. i'm doing this for the community for free and as a proof of concept only. i will continue to work on this on my free time but please don't rush!
  • you are not allowed to to ask people to pay for this SDK.
  • you are not allowed to disassemble the SDK or reverse engineer it.
  • you are not allowed to post the attachement(s) below to any other website. you can always link to this tread.
  • if you are going to use it in your application, you MUST put a link in your application/offical website that reffers to this XDA thread.
  • i reserve the right to make this a paid SDK at any point of time.
  • i reserve the right to relocate this SDK to another website or even take it offline.
that was long right?!

ok, let's go to business!

Demo Attached :D

To Use the demo, place 1st finger on the image, then place the 2nd finger also on the image and slide your second finger in or out!

Requres .Net Compat Framework 3.5,
Tested on
- Touch Pro 2 (HTC Rhodium)
- Touch HD (HTC Blackstone)
- Xperia X1

Regards,
Adel R. Al Zubeir (Anaadoul)

Attachments

• DualTouch.zip
    87.7 KB · Views: 3,430
Last edited:

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
Documentation

How to use the SDK!
create an instanse of the class,
the object wich will detect the mouse clicks MUST have mouse down, up and move.

for example in the demo above the code is as following and i use picturebox

publicpartialclassForm1 : Form
{
DualTouchSDK.DualTouchSDK SDK = new DualTouchSDK.DualTouchSDK();
privatevoid Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
SDK.Zooming += new DualTouchSDK.DualTouchSDK.MultiTouchEventHandler(SDK_Zooming);
}
void SDK_Zooming(DualTouchSDK.MultiTouchEventArgument e)
{
// Do the zooming here e.ZoomRatio returns a value which is the % of the zoom < 1 = zoom in, > 1 zoom out.
}
privatevoid pictureBox1_MouseDown(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
{
SDK.SetMouseDown(e.X, e.Y);
}
privatevoid pictureBox1_MouseMove(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
{
SDK.SetMouseMove(e.X, e.Y);
}
privatevoid pictureBox1_MouseUp(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
{
SDK.MouseUp();
}
}

Last edited:

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
Known Bugs (V0.0)
- Single Finger sliding causes zoom IN (notice that you CANNOT zoom OUT).

Last edited:

KilZone

Sep 14, 2008
First of all, nice try. As developer I kind of (think to) know the technique involved processing this and for most part this could work. However since WinMo 6.5.x has it's own overlay I must admit it's not working properly on build 28008 (and 28002).

Actually it does work if you don't release the screen, but once you do, it's completely useless. You can't do anything but scroll, this probably because of the kinetic scrolling overlay. (This only happends if the image is larger than the screen ofcourse, everything else works as advertised!)

Second, may I add a suggestion (something I once tried in an application but never finished)? If you place your finger on the photo and then place the second finger the application imediately zooms in to like 400% (depending on the place your finger is placed), This makes it hard to pinch-to-zoom out, since you actually have to place the two fingers on the same position.

My idea is this. Whenever your first finger is placed down (and the coordinates are stored) and you place the second finger on the screen, the app would recognize this as a movement of the first finger but in 0 milliseconds. It might be possible to make a sort of minimum time required to move from 'a' to 'b', so the initial position of the two fingers can be 'stored'.

I hope I made myself clear enough for you to understand, as I do not have too much time to explain it better. If you like I can explain it better, but that would be later tonight, for now got to run!

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
Maybe this is due to the kenetic scrooling, i hope you can watch the video, the zoom will take effect only when you move your 2nd finger not after placing it!

anyway this requires alot of testing and alot of improvements as it's still pre pre pre alpha.

i tested it and it's working good enough on my TP2 and a WM6.5.0 ROMs

KilZone

Sep 14, 2008
Agreed the video is what I had in mind, I'm sorry I should have watched it (though it wasn't up yet when I started replying). Anyway (still being here) this is not what I get, probably due to my build being different. As soon as I place my second finger on the screen it zooms in about 400% or 500%. I actually can pinch to zoom out if I place my fingers in de top-left and bottom-right corner, and move inwards... since the distance is larger than the amount of zooming done initially I can zoom out. Fact remains that everything only works as long as the image isn't larger than the screen, but all this is rather a Windows Mobile error than yours!

Good work, hope to include it into my projects some day!

Stil forgot to mention some required debuggin information (so you can keep track of things if you want)! I use a Touch HD (BlackStone) T8282 (Original Model). I use homecooked ROMs and now running WinMo 6.5.3 build 28008. Besides the regular HTC stuff I have no applications installed (as most is cooked in). I have no Manila 2.5 running and ... that's it.

Maybe this is due to the kenetic scrooling, i hope you can watch the video, the zoom will take effect only when you move your 2nd finger not after placing it!

anyway this requires alot of testing and alot of improvements as it's still pre pre pre alpha.

i tested it and it's working good enough on my TP2 and a WM6.5.0 ROMs

Last edited:

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
Anyone know how to make opera Zoom through an external app?
maybe sendmessage API or something similar?

g2tl

Nov 27, 2007
Boston
It probably has a lot to do with sensitivity.
For me, resting one finger and using the other to do the gesture works the best. The key is to make sure the resting finger doesn't jitter much.

warxhead

Sep 11, 2009
This is awesome so far! I love the progress. If you need any help with testing at all, let me know.

false_apology

Jan 23, 2009
I have a Verizon Samsung Omnia i910. It works for the most part here, only complaint is the "dragging" zoom issue that has already been reported. This is a great breakthrough, I'm really impressed! I will be following this thread for updates!

vader165

Nov 28, 2008
The ATL
excellent work! i really hope you and the other devs pursue this. this way we can have some basic multitouch apps, defeat the last stronghold of the iphone, and claim victory lol.

DaveTheTytnIIGuy

Aug 28, 2008
Sacramento, California
Wow, this is an amazing piece of work you've created! I'd love to see this further developed, to either support existing apps (like google maps, Opera Mobile, Pocket Internet Explorer, photo viewers, other apps with zooming, etc.). Also, I'd love to see this refined further to support full pinching to zoom instead of only one finger moving, if that's possible. Regardless, I'd like to say thanks for all your hard work, and thanks for sharing this groundbreaking development with us!