Kingo Android Root, Safe or Not ??

Search This thread

sdey.dey

Jan 8, 2012
New Delhi

Is Kingo Android Root application SAFE ?:confused:

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not:confused:
So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.:good:
Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.
Enjoy rooting :D

androidkitkat14

Mar 29, 2014
not a good experience for me.

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not:confused:
So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.:good:
Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.
I did Follow all steps, everything was going good up until my note 3 reboot and reboot over and over, when kingo said successfully rooted, it didn't work that way, instead to my surprise, when finally hard reset it, came to find out that it tripped knox, and have my warranty voided, this is my personal experience and wanted to share with you all.

Angjinhang

Dec 10, 2012
Well Kingo Root helped me to root my SGA+ whereas others failed, including Odin. Didn't have any problems until now, and the only advice I can say is just use the computer to do the rooting work. I never believed that on the fly rooting is working on any branded phone.

altgraubart

Jan 26, 2012
Well Kingo Root helped me to root my SGA+ whereas others failed, including Odin. Didn't have any problems until now, and the only advice I can say is just use the computer to do the rooting work. I never believed that on the fly rooting is working on any branded phone.

Well, Kingo was the only tool that managed to root my phone.
After putting my hands on 20 or 30 devices, this was the toughest rooting.
(Alps - GT-i9502)
Now, if I were an employee of General Dynamics or Boeing, I might be a little cautious given how the way the tool looks up the method;
basically, anything could be happening under the covers and it could happen on a case-by-case basis.
But since I'm pretty uninteresting from an industrial espionage perspective, I'd say it was worth it.

da Aryan Code

May 30, 2014
Thane
My phone never got rooted by it. I have Xperia Z and whenever I try to root it, it says Root Failed - NeedRoot. However, I tried rooting my phone with every rooting application on web and it didn't work. Even my expert friend couldn't do it.

tobi-19777

Mar 29, 2014
Nordhessen
Last edited:

Marcvs66

Jun 24, 2014
Virus Warnings?

What about the warnings? I downloaded the android_root.exe file from kingoapp and checked it with VirusTotal. It came up with warnings for: TROJ_GEN.F47V0329 and W32/QHost.C.gen!Eldorado.

Reactions: bricke318

Powajyn

Nov 2, 2014
BS

So i was rooting but i got suspicous if it was doing anything. So i unpluged my phone and let it keep going. Funny thing is it said i was still connected even after a while! I dont think this stuffs real

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not a good experience for me.

I did Follow all steps, everything was going good up until my note 3 reboot and reboot over and over, when kingo said successfully rooted, it didn't work that way, instead to my surprise, when finally hard reset it, came to find out that it tripped knox, and have my warranty voided, this is my personal experience and wanted to share with you all.

I would always prefer using a computer to gain root access instead of theses on the fly tools. It worked for me everytime without messing up anYthing. Better getting some knowledge before changing any system components ;)

Gesendet von meinem One S mit Tapatalk
    it's better to use recovery mode and flash your su zip than rooting within root app. for me rooting with app is like doing a surgery while the patient still awake :v
    Kingo has gone apes#&t AGAIN!

I've been using Kingo Root for well over a year now. It keeps asking to install most recent version of the program every time you run it on your desktop. I have kept accepting the new updates as I was assuming that the reason for all these updates was because they kept adding root methods for new models of phones and most recent OS versions of Android.

I just updated to VERSION 1.3.6 within the last couple weeks.

Yesterday, I rooted a friend's phone (Huawei Y320) and Kingo rooted as usual without any problems. HOWEVER, when I went to look for the SuperSU app (from Chainfire) which it normally installs on the phone ... IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!! Instead, there was a KINGO USER super user app instead. But that was not the real issue. I noticed the following problems which I NEVER have seen prior to yesterday:

1. Kingo User BLOCKS the Chainfire SuperSU app from installing its binaries and replacing Kingo User.

2. In the program's status window on the desktop, I could see that it was downloading A LOT OF STUFF! Normally, it will download just a couple of packets of root payload and then say ROOT SUCCEEDED after checking the root status. This time, it downloaded so many packets of payload, I lost count!

3. After rooting, there was a bunch of other Chinese crap that was installed by the Kingo Root program on the phone including INSIDE THE SYSTEM FOLDERS. Wtf????

4. I noticed that immediately after root, the phone started making a ton of connections to the internet. The activity was off the charts! I could not even do a Google Search with the phone because Google complained that a lot of query activity was emanating from the phone! What on earth it's trying to do via the internet activity is anyone's guess. WHY ALL THE INTERNET ACTIVITY KINGO?

I think Kingo Root has done an end run around XDA Developers. I am now EXTREMELY suspicious of this program and I strongly suggest others be extremely careful too. I also would like some Senior Members of XDA to chime in here.

At this point I suggest you NOT update Kingo Root to the latest version which is 1.3.6. It appears to be a TROJAN HORSE for rogue Chinese software. It is not simply installing binaries any longer.

KINGO ROOT MUST BE RE-EXAMINED BY XDA-DEVELOPERS. IS IT STILL SAFE?????????????