LG G2 4.4.2 update is here on Three UK. Whats missing?

Search This thread

xiceboyx

May 8, 2009
London
Hi guys;

The update is here. Just updated my LG G2 on Three network (UK) to Kitkat 4.4.2.

However i don't see much changed here. I read in many different sites that the update comes with a new full screen mode and hangouts replacing the text messaging application. I don't have none of that. However, update brought improvement on the speed of the phone. Knock on feature on my G2 was always fine and i haven't seen any change there either (never had any problems).

Has anyone else managed to update? If so, i would like your inputs on the update please. Is the text messaging replaced by Google's Hangouts? And do you have the full screen mode because i would like that very much.

mgolder

Jun 21, 2010
Chorley
Hi guys;

The update is here. Just updated my LG G2 on Three network (UK) to Kitkat 4.4.2.

However i don't see much changed here. I read in many different sites that the update comes with a new full screen mode and hangouts replacing the text messaging application. I don't have none of that. However, update brought improvement on the speed of the phone. Knock on feature on my G2 was always fine and i haven't seen any change there either (never had any problems).

Has anyone else managed to update? If so, i would like your inputs on the update please. Is the text messaging replaced by Google's Hangouts? And do you have the full screen mode because i would like that very much.

Already more than one thread mentioning the Three UK update is here.

xiceboyx

May 8, 2009
London
I am sorry but i couldnt find one single thread about 3 UK Kitkat update!
Do you mind directing me to the correct thread if theres one?

Update only just rolled out yesterday and havent seen anyone talking about it as yet.

Thanks...

mgolder

Jun 21, 2010
Chorley
I am sorry but i couldnt find one single thread about 3 UK Kitkat update!
Do you mind directing me to the correct thread if theres one?

Update only just rolled out yesterday and havent seen anyone talking about it as yet.

Thanks...

The update has been out for a couple of weeks now via LG Support Tool software. I'm on a Three branded handset and have been on 4.4.2 for that time.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2670448 - This is the UK KitKat thread which has rarely been off the front page.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727049 - And another Three based thread.