[Un]Official Questions Thread - No Question too small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kokinator02

Apr 28, 2014
text format in stock email client

Hello everyone, thanks in advance. I flashed both graffixnyc's 4.4.2/.3 GPE RUUs and everything works as expected. Having said that, is there a way to add italic, bold, underline (,etc) text in stock email client? :(

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
This is a copypasta from xda user redpoint73 as he explained it very well and in great detail.

S-off isn't needed to:

- Flash TWRP
- To achieve root
- Flash ROMs

S-off benefits:
- Needed to flash radios (SuperCID also needed to flash a radio that does not match your version)
- Needed to SIM unlock
- Needed to flash modified hboot (such as to remove the red warning text form boot screen)
- Needed to flash firmware components (not the ROM)
- Allows you to run any RUU (other carriers, or even previous RUUs, which is not normally allowed by version check)

The last one is important, since s-off essentially gives you more recovery options if things go south.

But s-off means all security checks are off by definition. This even includes device check, which means flashing a ROM or mod for another device is possible. I've seen folks flash a ROM for a different device with s-off, and brick their phones (due to different partitioning, etc.). As long as you are very careful to only flash things intended for our device, you will be fine. But anyone with s-off (or interested in s-off) needs to understand this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Or they can read and follow the rules. Not sure what's the point of this thread but it seems to be pointless. Just saying...

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Or they can read and follow the rules. Not sure what's the point of this thread but it seems to be pointless. Just saying...

This thread is resurrected after almost a year of inactivity. I think its more a misunderstanding.

There is a "ask all questions here" thread stickied by Kidcarter.

As i said, think its more of a misunderstanding

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you can post any questions you think you will get yelled at or criticized for because you don't know the answer or you didn't search hard enough. Agent had a great idea when he posted this over in the galaxy note 3 forum.

Ask any question you wish, the only stupid question is the one that's been answered 150,000 times. Just kidding, ask whatever you want as long as it's HTC ONE M8 related. I'll even go with HTC related.

Forum Rules: MUST BE FOLLOWED

If somebody helped you don't be afraid to hit the "Thanks" button.
    Don't forget to rate the thread if you found it helpful!

Any flaming will be reported!

I'm going to add a spot on the OP for helpful members so they can be recognized in someway for helping other members, and give them a spot for credit in the future if they want to become a recognized contributor or anything like that. If you think you should be recognized in the OP then PM me. As the thread gets bigger I won't be able to find all the post by people just by reading page by page. I'll add people as they continually help on this thread as well.

Update: If you feel that you are a contributor on this thread, please PM me and I will review your post and add you here.

EDIT: Please specify which carrier you're on so folks can better assist you.
    when i plug into pc, where did my kitkat debug icon go? i havent modded it. i do use xposed with gravity, but on stock gpe

Developer options

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

How do I use my HTC One M8 to make calls?

Tap the phone icon, dial a number

The phone must be on
    I have the international version, just bought the device in a Saturn/mediamarkt store - network independent... 16GB edition...

Using HTC Dev should work. Search Google for HTC M8 Toolkit, it's all you need.
    Using HTC Dev should work. Search Google for HTC M8 Toolkit, it's all you need.

For the lazy http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699065
    @brianray14 You mind if I rename this thread?

I appreciate the intent, but just the though of everything being referred to as a stupid question is counter intuitive.
    We had a thread with similar intent for the Desire HD back in 2012, some may remember the Ace Think Tank
    A place where any valid question was answered and the members were always helpful. The thread is still going now.

OF COURSE!! You may rename it whatever you'd like! I agree, i just wanted to put a thread out that was welcoming to any and all questions