Advent Vega Cases

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Advent Vega Folio Case

I have had my Advent Vega for around a month now and have been concerned about keeping it safe. So a trip to Curry's i picked up the advent vega folio case.

First impressions of the case were good the device slides nicely into the case (although it could be a bit tighter) Giving good protection to the edges of the device. I am confident it would protect from light knocks and possibly minor drops.

There are cut outs for the i/o ports, even the microphone is visible. One of the few bad points is there is no cut outs for the speakers, so the volume needs to be increased.

The material is similar to my v-smart Armour case for my desire hd, a matte black with a textured finish. The pinstripe design inside is odd but not unattractive and there is a compartment for paperwork. The case also doubles as a easel, which is great for propping on the desk or coffee table for movie watching.

Overall, I think this case adds a small amount of bulk for the level of protection and for anybody with any worries about damaging there beloved advent vega, this is a must buy

Edit: Added some pics. Sorry for the poor quality

Attachments

• IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,494
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,119
Last edited:

Higgsy

Oct 16, 2009
Smethvegas
I am searching daily for a TPU gel skin/case for the vega or its various other variants, but so far I've had no luck, If anyone sees any around then pls let me know!

orlok

Jul 20, 2006
Hello all

The stock case from dixons et al was to expensive to ask for me xmas pressie.

Is it worth it?

Ive seen other cases at a similar price with a usb keyboard build in, anyone got any experiences of those? (with the usb fix obviously).

or, is the std vega case worth the outlay?

Im also more interested with pound shop ipad screen covers than the 12! pound dixons/curries/pcw ones.

Again, any personal experiences?

rgds

LoK

Jezwick

Nov 8, 2007
Offham
I got one of these HP Sleeves from DIXONs, about £21

41M7ECnjuqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

this was after hearing that the cost v quality of the Advent case wasn't all that..

Its a well made sleeve, its neoprene so fairly water resistant I assume and the Vega rests on it nicely at the right angle for viewing and typing into without slipping off..

markouk

Mar 30, 2010
I'm really happy with the official case as it offers some decent functionality and a good bit of protection.

Just need to get a dock now!

CalumD

Dec 3, 2010
Definitely looking at getting a folio style case like the official Vegas one, though that one's a bit expensive at the moment. They should really realise that people paying a budget price for the device itself aren't likely to pay a premium for the accessories.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

rvdgeer

Mar 10, 2006
Amersfoort
Two days ago I tried the official Toshiba Folio 100 case on my Vega (Mobii 10) and it fitted very well!
And it serves as a stand too!
(look here and click on accessories)

I didn't buy it because of the price: € 39,99 (about 33 GBP)
And I would really love a case with a USB keyboard...
I guess there's none yet that fit's the Vega perfectly without blocking the USB port...
:(

Last edited:
P

percy25

I have ordered one of these:

Leather Case for 10.2" Epad Zenithink Android 2.1 ZT180

From ebay ->

Once received I will report back.

Last edited:

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Advent Vega Folio Case

I really dont think £29.99 is a massive amount for a case. Most cases i get for my mobile phones are between £15-£20 and they are about 1/6th the size. I think the official case offers good value for the protection it offers.

dmahre

Jan 12, 2011
Hey

I have the Advent case. I got it from my brother as a Christmas present. When I got it the Vega fit pretty snug and I didn't have to worry about what way I carried it. however after not even a month the Vega now slips out quiet easily.

For the price I'd have to say not worth it and I'd hold off for alternatives

D

Lemaru

Aug 18, 2010
I ordered one of these too, from here[/URL]

Has yet to arrive, but for £5 delivered I am not expecting miracles. Lots of people on Modaco have got them from various suppliers, mixed reviews tbh.

That one from 7dayshop is for an iPad which is quite a bit smaller, so wouldnt expect that one to fit.

Currys now sell a tablet sleeve for the Vega, i cant post links due to post count, but it can be found searching for Tablet Sleeve

I'm also after a decent fitting case :(

Schooleydoo

Sep 15, 2006
St Albans
That one from 7dayshop is for an iPad which is quite a bit smaller, so wouldnt expect that one to fit.

Currys now sell a tablet sleeve for the Vega, i cant post links due to post count, but it can be found searching for Tablet Sleeve

I'm also after a decent fitting case :(

Spot on, about 30mm too short!

As 7DS didn't list dimensions, I incorrectly assumed they were selling the 1 size fits all item that most are buying. Ah well.

kinkade

Aug 19, 2009
brisbane
Spot on, about 30mm too short!

As 7DS didn't list dimensions, I incorrectly assumed they were selling the 1 size fits all item that most are buying. Ah well.

yeah i just took delivery of mine too, thought it was worth a punt for 5quid delivered now i have a case that doesnt fit d'oh.

i saw a guy in the pub with a really nice leather case for his ipad brief moment of envy.

zzleezz

Mar 23, 2009
yeah i just took delivery of mine too, thought it was worth a punt for 5quid delivered now i have a case that doesnt fit d'oh.

i saw a guy in the pub with a really nice leather case for his ipad brief moment of envy.

You know what they call blokes that take ipads to the pub with them? Mugging victims.

pildo

Account currently disabled
Nov 15, 2010
Usa
Advent Vega Folio Case

I have had my Advent Vega for around a month now and have been concerned about keeping it safe. So a trip to Curry's i picked up the advent vega folio case.

First impressions of the case were good the device slides nicely into the case (although it could be a bit tighter) Giving good protection to the edges of the device. I am confident it would protect from light knocks and possibly minor drops.

There are cut outs for the i/o ports, even the microphone is visible. One of the few bad points is there is no cut outs for the speakers, so the volume needs to be increased.

The material is similar to my v-smart Armour case for my desire hd, a matte black with a textured finish. The pinstripe design inside is odd but not unattractive and there is a compartment for paperwork. The case also doubles as a easel, which is great for propping on the desk or coffee table for movie watching.

Overall, I think this case adds a small amount of bulk for the level of protection and for anybody with any worries about damaging there beloved advent vega, this is a must buy

Edit: Added some pics. Sorry for the poor quality

Hi

can I to buy this case if I live out of UK??? dixon, pcworld, etc, don't send to Spain anythink... :(

saludos

Top Liked Posts