[Q] Do you guys have locked bootloaders over here?

Search This thread

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I know the old TMO S3 ROM's were all easy to root & install AOSP on.
But coming from the ATT S4 world, where all hell has broken loose in the form of locked bootloaders, I figured I'd double check with you guys before I flash my buddies phone.

Plan is the following:

1) ODIN the phone to pre-rooted T999_UVUEMJC via Route66 (see, I searched a little :D ).
2) Download & install Goo Manager to install TWRP recovery.
3) Install 4.3 version of SlimBean AOSP (not a fan of 4.4 yet).

Will that work okay or will I accidentally be ODIN'ing a firmware that suddenly locks the bootloader?

Thanks and sorry for the forum clutter :D

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
@CZ Eddie
I wouldn't do that. The hell that happed to S4 happened here as well. Bootloader crap is for us too. Follow the process you described except instead of UVUEMJC version try UVDMD5 of Root66. The MJC will lock the bootloader.

S

Sanadrate

I'm on UniverseS4 I loveit 99.99999% sstable

~SanaDrate + LTE

Adreaver

Jun 12, 2012
New London
It's not really a true bootloader lock, as you can still Odin a recovery and flash whatever you want. You just get the Knox enforcement and the inability to flash am older bootloader.

With that said, I still wouldn't touch MJC with a 10' pole until/unless somebody figures out a way to spoof Knox, at least for warranty claims.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: CZ Eddie

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
@CZ Eddie
I wouldn't do that. The hell that happed to S4 happened here as well. Bootloader crap is for us too. Follow the process you described except instead of UVUEMJC version try UVDMD5 of Root66. The MJC will lock the bootloader.

It's not really a true bootloader lock, as you can still Odin a recovery and flash whatever you want. You just get the Knox enforcement and the inability to flash am older bootloader.

With that said, I still wouldn't touch MJC with a 10' pole until/unless somebody figures out a way to spoof Knox, at least for warranty claims.

Wow, so glad I asked. Thanks a bunch guys!!
Sorry to hear that even if it's not the "end of the earth" for you yet, that you are now inching towards losing your flash freedoms. :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @CZ Eddie