[APP][2.2+] [★GIVEAWAY★] Ultra Explorer - Root Explorer [★PREMIUM★][XDA EXCLUSIVE]

Search This thread

kshark27

Sep 17, 2012
ksharkapps.com
[APP][2.2+] [★GIVEAWAY★] Ultra Explorer - Root Explorer [★PREMIUM★][XDA EXCLUSIVE]

Latest Version :

Ultra Explorer - Exclusive XDA Release Version ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Google + Community - Link

Hey Guys, I want to share with you all my baby 'Ultra Explorer' RELOADED version 1.2 which I like to believe is Root Explorer on Steroids. I released the first version in 2013 and it became really popular and many people pinged me if I would be developing this more. I took the codebase I published on github and started developing on it and have come up with a explorer that meets all of my needs. It has all the basic functionalities of a File Explorer plus functionalities i wanted other File Explorers had . It is totally custom made and has features that will give other file explorers a run for their money. I was wondering, the market has so many File Managers, some with very extensive GUI. Still File Explorers with Easy to Use and somewhat decent GUI are famous among the users. Hence i had a clear aim, to make a No-Nonsense Get-Your-Thing-Done Explorer for Android. Another thing is i hate installing Lots of small apps that clutter my Android with crap. I always wanted an application that hosts all these small apps and save me the trouble of navigating from one app to another. Thus I came up with Ultra Explorer a complete Explorer for your Android Phone that hosts more than 10 useful apps that you require for your daily needs with Android. I will outline some of the features :

Special Offer Code : ultra-xda-love

Price of the Premium Version : 4.99$

Get your free copy, before the offer closes - 15 days or first 5000 downloads so hurry! ;)

Steps to get the Premium Version for free
'Swith On' the Wifi or Internet=>Restart the App=>Copy the code=>Open Sidemenu=> Go to Unlock love=>Paste code 'ultra-xda-love'

File Explorer Features

# Special Navigation Bar at the top for easy Navigation and fast Search Functionality .

# Full Root Functionality enabled, Copy,Move or delete Files on your System Partition . Change Permissions and Owners etc.

# List Mode and Grid Mode . Bottom Bar for fast Switching and other operations.

# Gesture Bookmarks for fast access to your frequently used files and folders . You will have basic bookmarks functionality as well.

#Compare and calculate MD5 hash for files

# Zip/Unzip - Compress and Uncompress ZIP, RAR, TAR, JAR, WAR file formats

# HTTP Beamer - Beam your files over the Network so the other users can download them fast enough. Fastest way to share your files.

# InBuilt Media Player to play file formats mp3, wav, ogg, m4a etc

# InBuilt Swipe Image Viewer to view jpg, jpeg, png, tiff, bmp and other image formats

# Duplicates Manager - Find duplicate files on your file System . Multi-Select and delete duplicates . (Very fast Duplicates Detection within 10 secs)

# Ultra Search - Search the entire file System within a few seconds for the file you are looking for.

PDF Viewer Features

# Smoothly integrated into the Ultra Explorer itself no need to install other heavyweight PDF Viewers.

# Pinch-to-Zoom to Zoom into PDF pages.

# Use Swipe Gesture to Move between PDF pages or use the Sliderbar below.

# Goto Function to navigate to a specific page in your PDF.

# Side Navigation Bar to View Recent PDFs and Open PDFs from file directory.

Zip Viewer

# Browse ZIP,JAR,TAR and WAR files like a directory .

# Extract or delete specific items in Zip Files

# Check properties like MD5 ,SHA1 and CRC of Zip Items.

# CRC checker to check integrity of the Zip File

FTP and HTTP SERVERS

# Now host Servers directly from your Android Device and share file system or Specific Files.

# One Click Server Setup. No need to configure anything.

# Browse your Sdcard contents from your Computer. You can also Upload and Download Specific Items.

# Fast sharing of Links using QRCodes.

Build Prop Editor

# Easiest way to edit your build.prop files .

# Improve the performance of your device and Unlock full potential with custom tweaks.

# Backup and Restore functionality for build.prop files.

# Search and Change specific build properties

App Backup Manager

# Backup all your downloaded apps Easily . Default location of Backup is /sdcard/App Backup/

# Share, Uninstall, Update or send your applications. No need to create any backup before sending.

# One Click Backup Button for super fast backups.

Process Manager

# Very lightweight Process Manager for viewing running processes

# Kill specific processes or use Kill All button to free Up Memory.

Voice and Sound Recorder

# Very Snazzy and Good looking Sound Recorder inspired from MIUI Sound Recorder.

# Record high quality sounds in 3gpp or amr format.

# Browse or delete your recorded items.

Contacts Manager

# Backup All your contacts with One-click backup button

# Export your contacts in .vcf or .csv format .

# Share your contacts via email.

# Delete all your Contacts with One-click Delete button

Ultra Explorer was reviewed and showcased on the first page of XDA Developers .
"Feature packed File Explorer for Android and definatley one to check out" - XDA

Changelog :
v1a (5-04-2013)
*Fixed SDCard not found Bug in some devices .
*Added Notification for Music played in Internal Media Player .
*Fixed a bug i found in Duplicates Manager.
v1b ( 8-04-2013)
*Duplicates Manager fully fixed . No More force Closes .
*Trimmed the size of the apk by removing useless files .
*Added Crittercism Error Reporting Service to track Bugs .
v1c ( 10-04-2013)
*Fixed the jelly bean issue in which checkboxes were not visible.
*Added better detection of Symbolic Links and proper traversing.
*Duplicates Manager can now handle large No of files
*Many Bug Fixes
*Some Ui changes .
v1.1 ( 12-04-2013)
*Added an Inbuilt Image Viewer .
*MD5 calculation in file properties .
*MD5 matching feature added .
*Better Multi-Selection with background highlight.
*Clear clipboard contents using option from actionbar .
*Search functionality is more consistent .
*Optimized and moved cache files,now they take less space and are present in 'Android/data' folder .
*Applications are now backed up with their version names . Added check to ensure that apps are not rewritten .
*Notification when all selected apps are backed up.
*Some Bug Fixes .
v1.2 ( 21-06-2016)
*Full Root Functionality Enabled. Change Permissions and Owners . Delete,Copy or Move Files from root folder.
*Added an awesome inbuilt PDF Viewer with the ability to Open and View Large PDF files. Pinch to Zoom and Gesture Controls added. Goto a particular page using contols given in actionbar.
*Added an Advanced Zip Viewer and Extractor with ability to delete, add or extract specific files in a ZIP,JAR,RAR,TAR,WAR,EAR. CRC checker included.
*Added a Text Editor and Viewer.
*Added the ability to extract RAR files in file explorer.
*Freeze and Unfreeze Apps using App Freezer included with the File explorer (Need Root)
*FTP Server can now be hosted using inbuilt FTP manager.
*Added a Snazzy Sound Recorder
*Detailed List View Added.
*Added a Contacts Manager to backup, restore or export contacts in csv, vcf format .
*App Icons are displayed on corresponding data folders of Installed Apps like Root Browser by JRummy.
*Sliding Sidebar Menu added for fast and Easy access to most basic functionalities.
*Fixed lots of Bugs. Now Users may experience very less Force Closes.

gqcdqRW.png
U4cxNxt.png
lmclQ7m.png
Kk9L7M1.png
1u8zHwO.png

siXmz38.png
iApoZFs.png
AvL0abN.png
yXFYpVt.png
oDzYKuH.png
YrvTFkP.png
eilCALC.png
cm0jli6.png
1Qb1e4S.png

Note : The Explorer has entered its Beta Stage and most things should work. If something is not working for you PM me. I will be happy to answer your queries. :angel:

Latest Version : Ultra Explorer v1.2

SourceCode - OpenSource Version of Ultra Explorer (github)

P.S: Root Power Explorer will be developed separately from now. It has got over 2 million downloads now, so I will be managing that app along with Ultra Explorer which I believe has a lot of potential. Thanks for your Support and Stay tuned :cool:

Last edited:

jokerrrrrrr

Jan 21, 2012
Re: [APP][2.1+] Ultra Explorer - OpenSource File Explorer for Android

I tried it but it cant detect my SD card .
SD card is mounted properly I have checked with other file explorers
My device is gt i9100

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

kshark27

Sep 17, 2012
ksharkapps.com
I tried it but it cant detect my SD card .
SD card is mounted properly I have checked with other file explorers
My device is gt i9100

can you send me a logcat . Btw r u on jellybean?? i came to know that there is some problem with file access in JellyBean in some devices . I am working on it and it will be solved asap . :)

Last edited:

merhans

Mar 22, 2012
AW: [APP][2.1+] Ultra Explorer - OpenSource File Explorer for Android

Nexus 4 latest pa. Also no SD card found

aernestus

Aug 22, 2012
R: [APP][2.1+] Ultra Explorer - OpenSource File Explorer for Android

Galaxy i9000 with Supernexus 2 build 3.
I have an 8 gb external sd working correctly.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364795893008.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364795893008.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2,089

jokerrrrrrr

Jan 21, 2012
Re: [APP][2.1+] Ultra Explorer - OpenSource File Explorer for Android

Check the new version of the App and Please hit thanks if it worked for you and also give your reviews and suggestions. Thanks :D :angel:

Yup the new version can detect my SD card
I am on 4.2.2
Do you still need any logs
Thanks for your work
Also might i suggest comparing md5 sum in the properties for .zips
Its in solid explorer.It enables you to match md5 sum by calculating md5 sum and providing a text box to paste to compare the two values

Last edited:

kshark27

Sep 17, 2012
ksharkapps.com
I am on 4.2.2
Thanks for your work
Its in solid explorer.It enables you to match md5 sum by calculating md5 sum and providing a text box to paste to compare the two values

Thanks for the suggestions mate. I'll definitely look into it in the next built . :)

Last edited:

FSN

Mar 14, 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
If I choose multi-select, none of the checkboxes work, so I can't select.
If I then tap on "Select all" / "Deselect all" that works, but I can't un-/check any item.

pbecks1963

May 26, 2009
Zutphen
launcher?

Thirst thing that pops into my mind is:

why would i play music with a file explorer? answer: because all functions that you could wish for are contained in this app... (no need to get out off it/close it) (?)

Is this app going to grow into a launcher replacement that also replaces other more common used app's?

Last edited:

brijeshep

Aug 26, 2012
►KERALA◄
9droid.blogspot.com
Great App! I like the interface, features, and icons. It can be used for viewing / files but can't use ROOT Functions and modifications.

Needed Features:

• Mount /System as R/W (Can be used as Root Explorer like ES File Explorer)
  • Built in Image viewer
  • Zip files can extract now, but no viewing before extract.

:laugh:

jonahly

Oct 27, 2012
Ashland
Good Job.

Good Job on the new App. Can't wait to see it on the PlayStore. Will try it once I get home. But looks nice will try it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Latest Version :

Ultra Explorer - Exclusive XDA Release Version ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Google + Community - Link

Hey Guys, I want to share with you all my baby 'Ultra Explorer' RELOADED version 1.2 which I like to believe is Root Explorer on Steroids. I released the first version in 2013 and it became really popular and many people pinged me if I would be developing this more. I took the codebase I published on github and started developing on it and have come up with a explorer that meets all of my needs. It has all the basic functionalities of a File Explorer plus functionalities i wanted other File Explorers had . It is totally custom made and has features that will give other file explorers a run for their money. I was wondering, the market has so many File Managers, some with very extensive GUI. Still File Explorers with Easy to Use and somewhat decent GUI are famous among the users. Hence i had a clear aim, to make a No-Nonsense Get-Your-Thing-Done Explorer for Android. Another thing is i hate installing Lots of small apps that clutter my Android with crap. I always wanted an application that hosts all these small apps and save me the trouble of navigating from one app to another. Thus I came up with Ultra Explorer a complete Explorer for your Android Phone that hosts more than 10 useful apps that you require for your daily needs with Android. I will outline some of the features :

Special Offer Code : ultra-xda-love

Price of the Premium Version : 4.99$

Get your free copy, before the offer closes - 15 days or first 5000 downloads so hurry! ;)

Steps to get the Premium Version for free
    'Swith On' the Wifi or Internet=>Restart the App=>Copy the code=>Open Sidemenu=> Go to Unlock love=>Paste code 'ultra-xda-love'

File Explorer Features

# Special Navigation Bar at the top for easy Navigation and fast Search Functionality .

# Full Root Functionality enabled, Copy,Move or delete Files on your System Partition . Change Permissions and Owners etc.

# List Mode and Grid Mode . Bottom Bar for fast Switching and other operations.

# Gesture Bookmarks for fast access to your frequently used files and folders . You will have basic bookmarks functionality as well.

#Compare and calculate MD5 hash for files

# Zip/Unzip - Compress and Uncompress ZIP, RAR, TAR, JAR, WAR file formats

# HTTP Beamer - Beam your files over the Network so the other users can download them fast enough. Fastest way to share your files.

# InBuilt Media Player to play file formats mp3, wav, ogg, m4a etc

# InBuilt Swipe Image Viewer to view jpg, jpeg, png, tiff, bmp and other image formats

# Duplicates Manager - Find duplicate files on your file System . Multi-Select and delete duplicates . (Very fast Duplicates Detection within 10 secs)

# Ultra Search - Search the entire file System within a few seconds for the file you are looking for.

PDF Viewer Features

# Smoothly integrated into the Ultra Explorer itself no need to install other heavyweight PDF Viewers.

# Pinch-to-Zoom to Zoom into PDF pages.

# Use Swipe Gesture to Move between PDF pages or use the Sliderbar below.

# Goto Function to navigate to a specific page in your PDF.

# Side Navigation Bar to View Recent PDFs and Open PDFs from file directory.

Zip Viewer

# Browse ZIP,JAR,TAR and WAR files like a directory .

# Extract or delete specific items in Zip Files

# Check properties like MD5 ,SHA1 and CRC of Zip Items.

# CRC checker to check integrity of the Zip File

FTP and HTTP SERVERS

# Now host Servers directly from your Android Device and share file system or Specific Files.

# One Click Server Setup. No need to configure anything.

# Browse your Sdcard contents from your Computer. You can also Upload and Download Specific Items.

# Fast sharing of Links using QRCodes.

Build Prop Editor

# Easiest way to edit your build.prop files .

# Improve the performance of your device and Unlock full potential with custom tweaks.

# Backup and Restore functionality for build.prop files.

# Search and Change specific build properties

App Backup Manager

# Backup all your downloaded apps Easily . Default location of Backup is /sdcard/App Backup/

# Share, Uninstall, Update or send your applications. No need to create any backup before sending.

# One Click Backup Button for super fast backups.

Process Manager

# Very lightweight Process Manager for viewing running processes

# Kill specific processes or use Kill All button to free Up Memory.

Voice and Sound Recorder

# Very Snazzy and Good looking Sound Recorder inspired from MIUI Sound Recorder.

# Record high quality sounds in 3gpp or amr format.

# Browse or delete your recorded items.

Contacts Manager

# Backup All your contacts with One-click backup button

# Export your contacts in .vcf or .csv format .

# Share your contacts via email.

# Delete all your Contacts with One-click Delete button

Ultra Explorer was reviewed and showcased on the first page of XDA Developers .
    "Feature packed File Explorer for Android and definatley one to check out" - XDA

Changelog :
    v1a (5-04-2013)
    *Fixed SDCard not found Bug in some devices .
    *Added Notification for Music played in Internal Media Player .
    *Fixed a bug i found in Duplicates Manager.
    v1b ( 8-04-2013)
    *Duplicates Manager fully fixed . No More force Closes .
    *Trimmed the size of the apk by removing useless files .
    *Added Crittercism Error Reporting Service to track Bugs .
    v1c ( 10-04-2013)
    *Fixed the jelly bean issue in which checkboxes were not visible.
    *Added better detection of Symbolic Links and proper traversing.
    *Duplicates Manager can now handle large No of files
    *Many Bug Fixes
    *Some Ui changes .
    v1.1 ( 12-04-2013)
    *Optimized and moved cache files,now they take less space and are present in 'Android/data' folder .
    *Applications are now backed up with their version names . Added check to ensure that apps are not rewritten .
    *Some Bug Fixes .
    v1.2 ( 21-06-2016)
    *Full Root Functionality Enabled. Change Permissions and Owners . Delete,Copy or Move Files from root folder.
    *Added an awesome inbuilt PDF Viewer with the ability to Open and View Large PDF files. Pinch to Zoom and Gesture Controls added. Goto a particular page using contols given in actionbar.
    *Added an Advanced Zip Viewer and Extractor with ability to delete, add or extract specific files in a ZIP,JAR,RAR,TAR,WAR,EAR. CRC checker included.
    *Added a Text Editor and Viewer.
    *Added the ability to extract RAR files in file explorer.
    *Freeze and Unfreeze Apps using App Freezer included with the File explorer (Need Root)
    *FTP Server can now be hosted using inbuilt FTP manager.
    *Added a Snazzy Sound Recorder
    *Detailed List View Added.
    *Added a Contacts Manager to backup, restore or export contacts in csv, vcf format .
    *App Icons are displayed on corresponding data folders of Installed Apps like Root Browser by JRummy.
    *Sliding Sidebar Menu added for fast and Easy access to most basic functionalities.
    *Fixed lots of Bugs. Now Users may experience very less Force Closes.

gqcdqRW.png
    U4cxNxt.png
    lmclQ7m.png
    Kk9L7M1.png
    1u8zHwO.png

siXmz38.png
    iApoZFs.png
    AvL0abN.png
    yXFYpVt.png
    oDzYKuH.png
    YrvTFkP.png
    eilCALC.png
    cm0jli6.png
    1Qb1e4S.png

Note : The Explorer has entered its Beta Stage and most things should work. If something is not working for you PM me. I will be happy to answer your queries. :angel:

Latest Version : Ultra Explorer v1.2

SourceCode - OpenSource Version of Ultra Explorer (github)

P.S: Root Power Explorer will be developed separately from now. It has got over 2 million downloads now, so I will be managing that app along with Ultra Explorer which I believe has a lot of potential. Thanks for your Support and Stay tuned :cool:
    hey,

nice work...
    I would also like to see no UltraExp folder in my sdcard,
    best way in my eyes keep it in ram until UE closes...
    also nice would be a quit option under the menu...

thx,
    KornX

Great App! I like the interface, features, and icons. It can be used for viewing / files but can't use ROOT Functions and modifications.

Needed Features:

• Mount /System as R/W (Can be used as Root Explorer like ES File Explorer)
    • Built in Image viewer
    • Zip files can extract now, but no viewing before extract.

:laugh:

I am on 4.2.2
    Thanks for your work

Thanks m8 for this explorer.
    Subscribed:D

PS - i noticed that i was unable to play flac files

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

First bug I found - the app halts after tapping the 'Info' button (the second to last in the bottom toolbar).

Is there any reason for "/sdcard/Ultra Explorer"?
    Most people don't like their sdcard spammed; I suggest to keep the caches in /data/data/ (and maybe impose a hardcoded limit,with the deletion of old/stale thumbs).

Love the app, it will be great if the As-you-type search is persistent (no need to press search button when you change folders). or if it could be activate by long press menu button?

one more problem, after we press search button, we need to click on the text field, this can be avoided?

Thanks for this wonderful app!!

Guys Thanks for your suggestions and feedback . It really keeps me motivated to work hard and make this file explorer the best thing around here . I have looked into all of your suggestions , have been coding a lot which is not a problem since i love it :laugh: . Keep your suggestions and feedback going as it keeps me motivated and gives me direction on things to work on . The latest build of the Ultra Explorer has took quite a lot of effort . I have worked on many areas . Changelog for the latest version v 1.1 :
    *Some Bug Fixes .
    Please continue the support . Finally a Good News your very own Ultra Explorer will soon be available in Android Market . Fingers Crossed . Lets hope it turns out well . :angel:
    Download Ultra Explorer v1.1
    Galaxy i9000 with Supernexus 2 build 3.
    I have an 8 gb external sd working correctly.

I fixed the bug of sdcard not shown as mounted . Download the new version of the app and give your reviews .Thanks :D
    Is it gonna be a paid app? Coz I can't find any info about the price? ?
    And is there a time limit on these betas? [Like SE? ].And I like your signature ;)
    Anyway my almost-impossible feature request would be a full-fledged hex editor - Would be a spot light for the app,if implemented ;)

Hex Editor...that sounds interesting . I don't think there is any file manager with a hex editor embedded . :good: the suggestion . Anyways the full fledged app will be paid . I will also make available a trial version . You guys will really enjoy the app in it's new form .

Some Features that have already been implemented in the new app
    # Full Root Functionality has been added . Copy, Paste, Move or Delete files from System partition ,change Permissions and Owners etc.
    # A Full Fledged PDF Viewer embedded within the Application . This took some efforts and You guys will definitely like the result . :angel:
    # Ultra Zip Viewer with the ability to browse Zip Files like Directories. Check MD5 ,SHA1 ,CRC of single or multiple list items.
    # FTP Server for Android for Fast file access from your PC .
    # HTTP Beamer for rapid sharing of file on a http server .
    # Build-Prop Editor with Backup and Restore build.prop functionality
    # Host Editor for Editing hosts file .
    # One-Click App Freezer for freezing and Unfreezing apps on your device.
    # QR-Coder encode your messages or share information using QRCodes Somewhat like QRport App.
    # Swipe Image Viewer has been added .
    # Music Player has some improvements

Guys its time to get Excited :D :cool:
    Now Ultra Explorer is not just One Application but more than 10 applications bundled seamlessly into One Ultimate Application .Screenshots and Beta release will be up in 2-3 days.
    I am on 4.2.2
    Thanks for your work

Thanks for the suggestions mate. I'll definitely look into it in the next built . :)