[APP][4/5/6/7+] GMD GestureControl ★ root

Search This thread

clel

Dec 28, 2010
I think there are good reasons for left to previous and good reasons for right. In the end it depends to the user, so i would make a default gesture with gestures like on the iPad and users that want to customize it can do it in the custom gesture area.

chaosking121

Is the test version posted the full version or the lite one? When will it be available in the market?

Also, the issues with the bar randomly hiding stopped a while ago. Can't say if it was a ROM update or something on your end, but it works great now. :)

Any plans to support the HTC One X or the Galaxy S3 or whatever they decide to call it when it comes out?

This is my most essential app and I really can't imagine not having it again, worth every penny!

Thanks for adding the iPad app switching gestures and the music control actions that I requested a while back, having a dev that listens to his users is awesome! Keep up the great work.

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
Make it user configurable. ;) (I'd find sliding right for previous more logical.)

BTW, bought the full version yesterday - totally worth it. Good job!

It will be just default. You can create custom gestures if you don't like default (and disable default ones). And custom can be just opposite directions or completely different gesture.

Is the test version posted the full version or the lite one? When will it be available in the market?
Also, the issues with the bar randomly hiding stopped a while ago. Can't say if it was a ROM update or something on your end, but it works great now. :)
Any plans to support the HTC One X or the Galaxy S3 or whatever they decide to call it when it comes out?
This is my most essential app and I really can't imagine not having it again, worth every penny!
Thanks for adding the iPad app switching gestures and the music control actions that I requested a while back, having a dev that listens to his users is awesome! Keep up the great work.

XDA version is lite. I will update full soon. I want to try one more thing with previous/next application, draw icons, add default gestures, test and then I will update market version.

Last edited:
Reactions: clel

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
New version: 2.0.0

New version in market and XDA

2.0.0:
- New action: Previous Application, default gesture - swipe 4 fingers left.
- New action: Next Application, default gesture - swipe 4 fingers right.
- New actions: Play/Pause music, Previous song, Next song.
- Fixed: was possible to execute 4 points gesture with 3 fingers on TF101.
- New device: I9001 (Tab 7 Plus).
- New device: Teclast A10.

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
The latest test version broke the support for the gtab 9 again.... Wrong multitouch device again!
Please fix this and add it to the standard set of features and i will buy the application!

flydev

Jun 9, 2011
Montevideo
Please, It's possible to add an option to sort custom gestures list?
Thanks!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

sdfghi

Nov 16, 2011
Any way to add support for Transformer dock trackpad gestures ? It would be great to move previous and next application using the dock...

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
New version in market and XDA

2.0.0:
- New action: Previous Application, default gesture - swipe 4 fingers left.
- New action: Next Application, default gesture - swipe 4 fingers right.
- New actions: Play/Pause music, Previous song, Next song.
- Fixed: was possible to execute 4 points gesture with 3 fingers on TF101.
- New device: I9001 (Tab 7 Plus).
- New device: Teclast A10.

I noticed some applications are not restored with 'Previous App' gesture. GestureControl show icon of application, but does not switch to it. I will look at it after work.

Please, It's possible to add an option to sort custom gestures list?
Thanks!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

I can use same component as in LaunchPad configuration. Just curious what you need it? how many gestures do you have? :eek:
Just know that reordering will not affect the behavior (unless you have 2 gestures with completely same path, then first will trigger).

Any way to add support for Transformer dock trackpad gestures ? It would be great to move previous and next application using the dock...
Its hard to tell. Probably it is possible, but I don't have device. Would you expect that screen and trackpad work simultaneously or just trackpad is working if dock is connected?

Last edited:
Reactions: raynerape

raynerape

Aug 12, 2009
Sofia
Version 2.0.0 with Prev/Next App is awesome!

However, it's mandatory to nitpick on small bugs. :) I've noticed also that the pop up icons for Prev/Next Apps do not take in account fast app switching and lag behind multiple fast gestures. They should speed up the fade effect or skip it altogether when facing lag.

Also, please add optional background (with optional transparency) for the pop up icons. I find it hard to notice them on colorful apps.

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
when it will support ICS phones ??

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

It supports SGS1, SGS2 and Nexus, maybe something else with ICS. If your multitouch device is not recognized and you want to test, PM me for details.

This too please. Your doing such a great job.
Had a few FC's after booting with no apps open usigm the new 4 finger swipe from the home screen. Sent you the stack traces via the built-in Android bug submit system.

Thanks, I will check it. I will add option in next release.

Version 2.0.0 with Prev/Next App is awesome!

However, it's mandatory to nitpick on small bugs. :) I've noticed also that the pop up icons for Prev/Next Apps do not take in account fast app switching and lag behind multiple fast gestures. They should speed up the fade effect or skip it altogether when facing lag.

Also, please add optional background (with optional transparency) for the pop up icons. I find it hard to notice them on colorful apps.
I'm glad you like. I will fix what I can find, for next release.
Toast is mostly for displaying next and previous apps and for effect. I'm also thinking to add 2 more icons, so 2 previous and 2 next apps will be visible.
Not sure if I can make it any faster. It is running in parallel to application startup,. I don't think its a good idea to sometimes display it/sometimes not, but as mentioned earlier, I will add option to turn it off.

Last edited:

raynerape

Aug 12, 2009
Sofia
Stupididea, is it possible to add an exclude list from Prev/Next Apps?

This exclude list will allow user to add apps that should be skipped when moving forward or backward between apps. Some apps are just not useful for everyday use although are launched and remain in memory.

Example: AndShare is an awesome replacement of Google's Share Via menu. However it registers as Recent Apps and when returning to it, it triggers its own custom Share Via overlay. This is useless outside the old context of sharing something, so this will only annoy user who needs to move through Andshare's position in Recent Apps to access older app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
    REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
    No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
    ★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
    ★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
    ★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
    ★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
    ★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
    ★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
    ★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
    ★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
    ★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    ★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
    Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
    Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
    Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
    Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
    Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
    Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
    GMD Gesture Control Lite
    If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
    Thanks, PhilipTD, for generous donation :highfive:
    As a sigh on gratitude I built you latest development version of Gesture Control with Lollipop support. This is the first time I'm sending someone lollipop update.
    Quite a few features do not work but still it is usable :eek:
    Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Progress update:
    I'm currently working on Spen Control lollipop support but a lot of internal thing are common. However UI part is separate and while I updated Spen Control to 'material', GC is still holo.
    I will be releasing SPen Control first with refreshed ui and lollipop support but I want to make bigger update for GC and add/rework many things that were discussed here or I just have in mind. Some things are already implemented but need to be merged into master some still need to be done. Main idea is to clean up GC so it is more intuitive to new users but more advanced features still will be available when digging deeper into settings.
    1) One good example would be path and recorded gestures. In new version I want to join them in one dialog. So user can pick from predefined set of path gestures (swipe left, swipe right, double tap, expand, pinch, etc.) or record it but entering custom path string still will be accessible. At the moment it is confusing for new users they would they want to enter path instead of recording (pinch for example).
    2) Another example is launchpad settings. Currently its confusing that you have to select which launchpad you want to configure. In new version settings will be accessible directly from launchpad instead and configure particular launchpad.
    3) Blacklist - each gesture will have option to select apps where it is active/inactive. General blacklist will be simplified where you can select if gestures are enabled/disabled in homescreen, apps, lockscreen and keyboard.
    4) Default gestures - I will remove default gestures tab and pre-create these in User Gestures for new users. Lite version will have limited number of available actions but users still can change gestures for these actions.
    5) Settings, touch consumption, Advanced tabs, Help will be moved to menu. App will be Gestures view.
    6) Touch Consumption - after user multitouch screen several times with 3 or more fingers but do not execute any gesture app will popup a tutorial explaining touch consumption with link to settings. Now quite a few new users are confused why their effort at Fruit Ninja does not give any result.
    7) Reviewing/regrouping/fixing actions - so far I was just throwing in new actions. Some didn't work on particular android versions, others didn't work on some devices. I haven't decided how it will be done but I want to clean it up. I want to add plugins support too (downloadable from play store) so some really niche things or some bigger complex thing could be moved there.
    8) Backup/Import/Export - long time promised, its time to add it.

While such things don't add much for experienced users it will improve overall 'quality' of the app.

Why cant I just release an old version with lollipop support? I don't have such version. I added lollipop support to half broken/work in progress version and I intend to move forward instead of backporting it. Its not just SeLinux/root issues that needed to be fixed. Some internal Api changed, recent apps work differently, etc, etc. It will be released when ready. Family > full time job > Android (4-20 hours per week).

Regards,
    GMD aka StupidIdea
    10.0.0-alpha

Uploaded 10.0.0-alpha to Alpha channel:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontrol

Changes:
    - Android Nougat support (requires SuperSu v2.78)
    - Minor fixes

Notes:
    Tested it on N6P (7.1.1) and N72013 (6.0.1). All actions, keyboard detections and per app settings should work. But I didn't test any older Android yet.
    Thanks hasenbein1966, for donation :highfive:

Update:
    Currently Launchpad and Blacklist are completely broken. UI is mix of material and holo. There are still some issues with recent apps. I will create alpha version G+ channel (without support) for lollipop version when I have more stable build.