VooDoo sound and Display Expert coming to the S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
I guess it will allow adjustments to the settings of the screen. Saturation, temperature, and sharpening.

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Oh man, can't wait to see what supercurio is bringing to the SGS3... He did wonders for the SGS.

chriskinetic

Mar 22, 2012
Lancashire
will it be for rooted devices only ? dont want to root my GS3 yet ive only have it 2 days :D

will rooting void the warranty with samsung ?

joe_donkor

Oct 1, 2010
I still have my original i9000 mostly because of the amazing sound quality I get with Voodoo sound and the Samsung earphones. The Siyah 1.2.1 mods on Omega 5.1 on my i9300 kernel runs it very close. Really eager to see what SuperC can do with the new device!

drbveb88

Mar 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
I still have my original i9000 mostly because of the amazing sound quality I get with Voodoo sound and the Samsung earphones. The Siyah 1.2.1 mods on Omega 5.1 on my i9300 kernel runs it very close. Really eager to see what SuperC can do with the new device!

I agree completely.. I'm really just glad to be back on Samsung period. I've been on HTC and the unlocking, s-off, adb is more of pain the just running Odin or flashing.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

onslaught86

I agree completely.. I'm really just glad to be back on Samsung period. I've been on HTC and the unlocking, s-off, adb is more of pain the just running Odin or flashing.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Tell me about it - try using Motorola devices. Or better yet, dont. Being back on an open hardware platform with real developer support is amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

kelvinyap9

Mar 30, 2012
Perth
Personally really looking forward to see Voodoo Sound implemented on the SGS3 to take full advantage of the Wolfson :)

Always nice to have a high end phone that has excellent sound quality too!

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Voodoo sound booster is obsolete, there's a mod avalible already which boosts the sound the same way voodoo did..

Its awesome ! If I wasn't writing this on my phone I'd find you guys a link..

Boost audio system wide, alarm gave me a bloody fright this morning..

EDIT: Decided ill be nice and find the link hehe..

OP Topic: HERE

CWM Flashable packes: HERE

I suggest using the "60_sound_mod - max vol = 60 (boot sound on, camera sound off)" CWM package, it boosts your phone dramatically although not to max.. The safer option if you ask me..

Anyway thats my good deed done for today.. better get back to work !

Last edited:

djglenn1337

Mar 13, 2009
Voodoo sound booster is obsolete, there's a mod avalible already which boosts the sound the same way voodoo did..

I suggest using the "60_sound_mod - max vol = 60 (boot sound on, camera sound off)" CWM package, it boosts your phone dramatically although not to max.. The safer option if you ask me..

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

However Voodoo Sound is not just about boosting volume. I had it on my SGS1, and it greatly improved the overall sound quality as well. I cant really explain it as I am by no means an audiophile, however all I know is that Voodoo Sound left me with a smile on my face whilst listening to music.

Reactions: CaraMuuu

zodiaxe66

Nov 19, 2010
OnePlus 8T

However Voodoo Sound is not just about boosting volume. I had it on my SGS1, and it greatly improved the overall sound quality as well. I cant really explain it as I am by no means an audiophile, however all I know is that Voodoo Sound left me with a smile on my face whilst listening to music.

+1

bradputt

Jun 16, 2010

Hi you mean the mod is working on panadroid?

I thought it only works on stock roms.

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS

I used voodo on SGSII and that just boosted volume, in saying that it actually boosted it with no sound quality loss.. Not like volume+.

That mod does exactly what vodoo did on the SGSII im very impressed by this mod, the fact that it boosts over all sound on the phone is great.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Hi you mean the mod is working on panadroid?

I thought it only works on stock roms.

I read a reply on the thread about it working on CM9 so theres no reason why it shouldnt work on paranoid.. search the thread.. my signature is outdated its from SGSII :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Supercurio Tweeted this an last night.. good news for S3 owners. Will also be coming to the S2.

'.. release #GalaxySIII specific pre-versions of #VoodooSound and #DisplayExpert because.. it's must have already for me :)'
    Hi,

I think you don't realy know what you're talking about here... I mean mainly the first part of your post...
    Hum... It's not only the code of the app itself!!!
    It's a "link" between hardware/software for some settings, do you realy think the hardware is identical or comparable in your example??? It's not just an history of an app...
    Do an app like Voodoo yourself and you'll speak...
    In any case I think there is probably no chance (or a very very little) to see Voodoo.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app
    Hi, nice to meet you, I for one know what I'm talking about.

There is absolutely no technical reason for not releasing the port. The hardware is practically identical since it's the same driver as on the S1. The only thing to be adapted is some phone-specific detection methods which are a few lines of code.

It took me an evening to outright fully understand the whole thing while porting it to the Note 2, and I can tell you that there's no special magic to it. So don't be naive in thinking "it needs time to create a good product" or some of that reasoning. KMino totally nailed it, it is about ego and money. Especially ego. For somebody who brought up the notion that this application / hack would be the only source of income for this year, he sure doesn't seem in a hurry to recoup 4 months worth of income on the single best selling phone out there.

We have now kernel control via the mDNIe interfaces to the display settings in Siyah and Perseus which Display Expert is supposed to control. Only thing left now (Arguably the most amount of work, one must admit), is for people to actually analyse it and throw some descriptions onto these undocumented parameters, put it in an app with some sliders, and that part of the story will also be done.
    Can you please tell me how do change the name? Would be great to use voodoo sound app.. (I like the headphone amp in the notification menu...).
    Am I able to use the stweaks sound settings after changing the name?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
    I wish people would read the descriptions in the change-log, the method has been there since early September:
    If you wish to change the device name, you must do echo 0 > /sys/class/misc/scoobydoo_sound_control/enable , followed by an echo output to the same file with the target device driver name. You can use this to change the device path to /sys/class/misc/voodoo_sound/ and sub-sequentially make a certain configuration application work.
    Basically:

echo 0 > /sys/class/misc/scoobydoo_sound_control/enable
    echo "voodoo_sound" > /sys/class/misc/scoobydoo_sound_control/enable

Just put that as an init.d script to do it on every boot.

The STweaks controls won't work anymore if you do that. But anyway I'll switch to AndiP's implementation some time in the next version so that won't work anymore in the future.

__

And by the way, professionally calibrated colour profile is now available in Perseus. Unless Supercurio has some fancy interface or something DisplayExpert is not needed.
    The sad thing here is that neither Samsung or Wolfson have the solutions to perfect sound. If they did then the GS3 & Note 2 would be as good audio ways as the Apple phones & tablets. I can see them being better in time. As you know, Beats Audio is a pure fraud as the audio chipsets in the HTC devices are poor, it's like putting lipstick on a pig.

Supercurio has visited the Wolfson HQ in Edinburgh and both they and Samsung are aware of his work. Reading between the lines I can see this leading to development of top class audio at the kernel level in future Samsung devices. Meanwhile Voodoo Sound will help current devices achieve the very high standard of sound the Wolfson chipset allows.

Having followed Supercurio for some time it seems his Voodoo Sound for GS3 / Note 2 is at Beta / Pre release so it's only a matter of time before release.

Some of the postings in this thread are a disgrace and an insult to a programmer you don't even know. Does anyone actually know the time and effort to make something like Voodoo Sound, I certainly dont!

What an embarrassment to a fine forum.

Keith
    Well we already have Voodoo ported, and if he decides to wait another month or two we'll also have the infamous Display Expert without him.