where to get jbed aka. java box by esmertec

Search This thread

felikz

Aug 23, 2009
Hey guys, I'm just wondering where to get that java box for the hero phone ( like in the modaco Rom)
Thanks in advance!

thazlett

Mar 19, 2007
London
i would also like this, I extracted the apk but i need more then that because it wont run on my friends stock hero.

im an mgmaps user so java is required!

suisen

Apr 25, 2009
Zagreb
huh, any replies to this? i'm not rooted, stock upgraded rom, can i get java and where can i find a suitable app?

suisen

Apr 25, 2009
Zagreb

yeah, aren't you cute, found that myself, thank you oh-so-very-much....now, this:

adb remount
adb install Jbed.apk or adb push Jbed.apk /system/app
adb push libjbedvm.so /system/lib
adb shell reboot

is French to me....je ne parle pas francais!!!!

so, illiterate as i am, i turned to a forum of experts for a bloody answer....so, once again, thank you oh-so-very-much for providing it

i hope i've embedded enough sarcasm to make you realize you haven't helped a bit!

felikz

Aug 23, 2009
java-apli.png

1. Download this

2. Start a shell (i prefer adb shell), and type the following (each line confirmed with the return key)
Code:
adb remount
adb shell reboot

Ready to take off with Java!

Amon_RA

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
yeah, aren't you cute, found that myself, thank you oh-so-very-much....now, this:

adb remount
adb shell reboot

is French to me....je ne parle pas francais!!!!

so, illiterate as i am, i turned to a forum of experts for a bloody answer....so, once again, thank you oh-so-very-much for providing it

i hope i've embedded enough sarcasm to make you realize you haven't helped a bit!

They helped you out to much if you ask me...
Don't forget that this is a development sub-forum! If you don't understand the things mentioned here you should post your question in the general forum where they could help you out step by step.

ginchiller

Sep 1, 2009
Vienna
i figured out how to install it on the new rom!!!
as i said i have allready rooted it with this tutorial
Flashrec
so i had the cm-hero-recovery.img on my phone again

i restarted the phone holding POWER+HOME (not power+back)
then i typed in the following commands into the cmd (be sure that you have the Jbed.apk & libjbedvm.so in your android sdk tools folder)

Code:
adb shell mount /system 
adb push Jbed.apk /system/app
adb shell reboot
and after the reboot there it should be, i hope i could help someone with the same problem

Last edited:

Cetin

Nov 6, 2007
Is there a way to fullscreen mode?
I have installed the new opera mini but it has bugs with landscape.
Without landscape its ok but I want it in fullscreen...

felikz

Aug 23, 2009
close jbed, open a file browser, goto the folder where you stored the java-program (*.jar) and open/execute it with jbed (just open it, normally after a successful installation of jbed, jbed will pop up)

felicita

Apr 30, 2007
Moscow
ohh, i will try another file manager because when i tap on .jar file in SUBFS its try to extract files not execute)))