[Q] Am I the only victim of the blue splotch in the middle of the screen?

Search This thread

majp89

Oct 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
As I am lying down on my bed browsing the interwebs, I am on a page where it is black text with a white background. I notice in the middle of my screen, a blue splotch of coloration. I try to wipe it off, it does not go away. I browse to another page, it is still there. Wtf?? Do I have to send this thing back or what? Am I the only one?

Ranger093

Feb 29, 2008
Blaine, MN
As I am lying down on my bed browsing the interwebs, I am on a page where it is black text with a white background. I notice in the middle of my screen, a blue splotch of coloration. I try to wipe it off, it does not go away. I browse to another page, it is still there. Wtf?? Do I have to send this thing back or what? Am I the only one?

You are not the only one. I called and they sent me a replacement. It was a brand-new replacement. The new one a week later has yet to do it.

cc16177

Mar 13, 2009
Did you have to call the place that you bought the phone from or did you just do a warranty replacement?

If it's been less than 14 days since your purchase you will want to go back to the place you bought it or another corporate Verizon store (assuming you purchased it from a corp store in the first place) and they will give you a brand new replacement.

If it has been more than 14 days you will need to call Verizon or go into a corporate Verizon store to have them issue a warranty replacement.

Good luck!

PS. Depending on when you bought it you may be included in Verizon's "extended holiday return policy" in which case you would have until January 15th to go into a corp store and have it replaced.

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
I noticed one on my screen too. It's fairly small, and for me, it's not worth the effort to try and get a replacement. You can only really see it over a white background. I also noticed that there may be a second similar spot at the very top edge of my screen. I use a battery app that displays the battery level as a bar across the top of the screen. When I view it at an angle a small part of the bar appears darker. NBD really.

Hobbesfed

Jul 20, 2012
got mine replaced as well.

Is there are blue splotch on your replacement or no?

PS I heard that the blue splotches were caused by too much pressure on the phone, for example, Verizon's case caused quite a few people to get the blue spot. How did the rest of you get the blue spot?

Danzoman

Oct 9, 2010
Columbia SC

PS I heard that the blue splotches were caused by too much pressure on the phone, for example, Verizon's case caused quite a few people to get the blue spot. How did the rest of you get the blue spot?

I have the vzw tpu case and I do suspect that it is the cause of the creaky back cover. My replacement was perfect until I put the case on. I peeled it off and then it started to creak. It is super snug. :(

spinkick

Apr 26, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have the Verizon case, you think it's causing it?

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

No splotches on the new one. You think it's the case? Any good case recommendations? Not too bulky

Danzoman

Oct 9, 2010
Columbia SC
Well guess what....I used only the Verizon tpu and the blue doT is now appearing. Sigh.

That's what I have too Jay. I don't think its so much the pressure while its on, its the wear and tear of taking it off. My replacement didn't creek and was solid until I put on and took off my you case. It flexes the back cover and is probably a screen component underneath. New one no blotches yet. We will see.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
That's what I have too Jay. I don't think its so much the pressure while its on, its the wear and tear of taking it off. My replacement didn't creek and was solid until I put on and took off my you case. It flexes the back cover and is probably a screen component underneath. New one no blotches yet. We will see.

I was thinking the same thing. My problem is I take cases off often to clean the dust off the screen and the edges... :( going to replace it today with another at my store since holiday return is still going on...I haves diztronic coming in today and I'm afraid to put it on

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
so i swapped mine out for another.....and the other has like 5 dead pixels at the bottom where that black menu bar tends to be. sigh. can't win :(

i'm doing one of those pixel fixer apps, it says to leave it flashing for like 20 minutes to try to fix it...

i have no more left in stock so i can't replace anymore :(

Danzoman

Oct 9, 2010
Columbia SC
so i swapped mine out for another.....and the other has like 5 dead pixels at the bottom where that black menu bar tends to be. sigh. can't win :(

i'm doing one of those pixel fixer apps, it says to leave it flashing for like 20 minutes to try to fix it...

i have no more left in stock so i can't replace anymore :(

Hissss Boooooo :banghead:

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
SO antoher dead pixel popped up on the new one, this time a big bright white one right in the middle of the screen. i gave up and went back to my old one. i don't know what i'm gonna do now, maybe just live with this stupid blue blotch..