[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
this is in the op but just wanted to let u know that if u flash with the new bootloaders to get to download mode hold vol down menu and press power. recovery is hold vol up and power although we cant use recovery just yet which im sure your aware of. flash loserskaters odin package after u flash the stock rom its much better. it also enables the screen off animation :D

Thanks for reminding me. Sounds a lot easier yo use jig for dl mode.

oxlong27

Feb 16, 2011
Beaver Springs Pa
haha Thanks for the encouragement man. Its really more of the recovery menu not working properly. once thats fixed (which it should be tonight), ill be all over gingerbread :D
yeah the recovery thing sucks but damn i sure am grateful to be running gingerbread. i flashed cm7 and miui a few times but had signal issues everytime with every modem and kernel combo i tried could never get it fixed but this works flawlessly. for me anyway. good luck man enjoy. are u gonna go with or without new bootloaders?

Dlev7

Nov 14, 2010
it workind for me probably everyone is on it right now , as for the roms be patient or just flash any of the i9000 ones already out and drop the kernel in it ..

Oh so now that we are on JVB we can flash any i9000 ROM based off of JVB such as Darky's RC4 and then flash this kernel?

Thats awesome if true! Hahah thanks!

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
Oh so now that we are on JVB we can flash any i9000 ROM based off of JVB such as Darky's RC4 and then flash this kernel?

Thats awesome if true! Hahah thanks!

that's basically wnat some of the captivate roms are, though the devs eventually theme them to get rid of the camera references

Dlev7

Nov 14, 2010
that's basically wnat some of the captivate roms are, though the devs eventually theme them to get rid of the camera references

But i am just making 100% sure that we can flash it on top. Has anyone here tried any of the i9000 ROMs and dropped in our awesome kernel from X'Cal?

If so what are the better ones?

Thanks!

HaiKaiDo

Mar 12, 2010
Fixed.

Beta2 includes a functional CWM recovery.
Home button fix has been attached to the first post.

Awesome thanks dude. now to take the plunge! What do you guys suggest now that theres some form of a rom out there that was deemed usable by people. I know theres a bunch of posts in this thread. but if could give me a super short recap just so i know that I wont brick myself. basically i just need to know what i need, and what order to flash in (specially the boot loader, havnt ever had to do it so im still a little iffy on that). and again i understand alot of this is out there, im just still a little confused cause its bits and pieces scattered all over.

Dlev7

Nov 14, 2010
Awesome thanks dude. now to take the plunge! What do you guys suggest now that theres some form of a rom out there that was deemed usable by people. I know theres a bunch of posts in this thread. but if could give me a super short recap just so i know that I wont brick myself. basically i just need to know what i need, and what order to flash in (specially the boot loader, havnt ever had to do it so im still a little iffy on that). and again i understand alot of this is out there, im just still a little confused cause its bits and pieces scattered all over.

Check your PM, I sent you a very long guide and step by step process.

HaiKaiDo

Mar 12, 2010
Check your PM, I sent you a very long guide and step by step process.
oh i hadnt even noticed hah. its all still valid? like are these instructions for the rom that was talked about in this thread? not the stock jvb or whatever. theres that rom that comes pre deodexed and rooted.

Dlev7

Nov 14, 2010
oh i hadnt even noticed hah. its all still valid?

Yes read it, I sent you a step by step guide of how to flash (and a couple words of wisdom to help you about the bootloaders ; D ). Then how to apply root. Then how to fix home button, but the home button is useless now because X'cal saved the day haha.

Nerz

Jun 19, 2008
Im so impressed with speed of progress. Thank you for your hard work xcal.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Not enough people know how important xcal has been to the captivate.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts