[APP] [27Sep09] Free Mult-Language Dictionary

Search This thread

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
Hi Boki!

One day earlier :)

I saw some improvements, but, unfortunately, the issue in my WM 6.5.3 HD2 remains: the data doesn't fit the screen and there isn't a horizontal bar to scroll and see all the info.

demonoidaemon

Apr 16, 2010
Thanks to Boki for having Vivid released one day early, I'm been waiting for this for these two days. Great news!

palmtreo5000

Jun 25, 2010
THis is not working on WM6.1 palm treo 500 non touch..
i have been looking for dictionary
pliz i need yr advice..
god bless

Earl grey

Jun 16, 2009
Hi "bikiteam"

First thanks you very very luch to create a free dictionnary.

Unfortunatlely, in my hd2 it seems have a bug. I let you see the picture atached a the message.

Thanks again for your work

Earl

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 27

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
That's not a bug. Click on the squares on the right (setup), then Language (second item from below) so you could change the language to english.

BVocabulary Standard:
http://sites.google.com/site/bvocabu...bulary2p31.zip
not there..
pliz new link for my mobile phone palm treo WM6.1 non touch.
god bless

Hi

Sorry, please click the link on first post, it works ( it links to one of my google web pages, but you need to click again to download material in new page ). XDA will convert full link to shorter name, so it failed if you copy & paste to browser. ( need to click directly on original link, however, no virus, no spam, no spy )

:)

Last edited:

ookimi

Jul 26, 2010
it doesn't work :(

I tested the latest Vivid version on my at&t tilt. Seems like it is an executable script that can only work with one dictionary file at a time, and cannot really be used with big dictionary files. It took it a minute to think about my 10 Mb English-Russian dictionary. It created two temporary files totalling 8.7 Mbs and then gave that "something went wrong" error.

Hi

1. If it is a converting problem. You could use PC version to convert the necessary files.

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=300&t=857358

Sorry, this page has no English version yet.

2. If this is a loading dictionary problem, the root cause is available memory space.

3. If the dictionary contains more than 250,000 vocabularies, it may failed to load.

I tested the latest Vivid version on my at&t tilt. Seems like it is an executable script that can only work with one dictionary file at a time, and cannot really be used with big dictionary files. It took it a minute to think about my 10 Mb English-Russian dictionary. It created two temporary files totalling 8.7 Mbs and then gave that "something went wrong" error.

siddbudd

Mar 3, 2009
missing *.dz file

阿弥陀佛!

I would be very happy to use this program, but all the dictionaries I need are unpacked versions, the program is asking me for a .dz file, which I do not have.

I need mainly Buddhist dictionaries, for example faxiangcidian, I have following files:
faxiangcidian.dict
faxiangcidian.idx
faxiangcidian.idx.oft
faxiangcidian.ifo
when I try to open, the program asks for faxiangcidian.dict.dz...

What can I do?
All the best!

Hi

The files you got looks already unzip.

When I was using dictionaries provided by star-dict, they are zip format which BVocabulary can use it.

One possible solution is to zip them together manually first, then BVocabulary may able to unzip it by it's own process.

Thank you and good day.
BR,
Boki.

阿弥陀佛!

I would be very happy to use this program, but all the dictionaries I need are unpacked versions, the program is asking me for a .dz file, which I do not have.

I need mainly Buddhist dictionaries, for example faxiangcidian, I have following files:
faxiangcidian.dict
faxiangcidian.idx
faxiangcidian.idx.oft
faxiangcidian.ifo
when I try to open, the program asks for faxiangcidian.dict.dz...

What can I do?
All the best!

siddbudd

Mar 3, 2009
Hi

The files you got looks already unzip.

When I was using dictionaries provided by star-dict, they are zip format which BVocabulary can use it.

One possible solution is to zip them together manually first, then BVocabulary may able to unzip it by it's own process.

Thank you and good day.
BR,
Boki.

Thank you for answering! I did notice that they are zipped, but I do not know how to create .dz archives. But in the meanwhile I found some debian packages which contained the original zipped dictionary files, I can now use BVocabulary :)

In the meanwhile I also found a program for Macintosh which can open StarDict dicionaries: TranslateIt!

Greetings!

damikey

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Help with dll file

Patient is key but when you're at a dead end, you're simple stuck.

Would someone please post the Bvocabulary.dll files to the first thread. I would appreciated.

I've used google translator and went through the chinese instructional manual. Everything went well until I have to register into a site to dnload the dll file which I don't like to do.

Thank you for any help.

PROBLEM solved by downloading the international verision for WM5 which contains the dll file.

Last edited:

abubaha

Dec 3, 2010
None is working

Dear bokiteam:

I tired all your software versions in your official website.

All of them are expired!!!???:confused:

Please clarify