Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Hi,

I have forked one of the app's released on GitHub by Fairphone/Kwamecorp, the Peace of Mind app. It's bascially an Airplane Mode with a timer.

We become more conscious of our phones as our lives become increasingly connected. Would you like to disconnect, if only for a moment? Your phone will go silent and disconnect from the world: no e-mail, no status updates, no SMS and no phone calls. Choose how long you wish to disconnect (up to 12 hours).

I'm not sure if they're planning on publishing it as a standalone app (currently a system-app), so I've forked into Peace of Mind+ to make it available for other devices and for eager Fairphone owners!

Released under the Apache License version 2.0. Source code and APK are available here https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone

For Android 4.2+ devices, the app requiers Root privileges to enable the Airplane Mode. On non-rooted phones (or if SU is declined) the app enables Silent Mode instead. This is due to security changes introduced by Google in Android SDK version 17.

Attached are two screen captures and the APK.

When done, I hope to refactor the Fairphone OS launcher.

Read article on XDA's portal :eek:
Put Airplane Mode on a Schedule with Peace of Mind+ by @willverduzco

Download:
Check GitHub for the lastest version and version release history

Changelog:
versionCode=18 versionName=2.1.0
  • Updated to Material Design
  • Added support for Android's "Do not disturb" mode
  • Optimizations, clean animation, etc..
  • Airplane mode support for rooted devices

versionCode=12 versionName=1.2
  • Restore sound to previous setting (bug fix)
  • RootTools updated to version 3.4

versionCode=10 versionName=1.1
  • Enhanced tablet layout
  • Fixed bug for some Android 4.3 devices

versionCode=8 versionName=1.0
  • Out of beta!
  • Improved Widget layout
  • DashClock extension added
  • Restores previous ringerMode at the end of an Airplane-mode PeaceOfMind
  • Added About dialog (in Settings)
  • Added Brazilian-Portuguese and Russian translations, and completed other translations
Click below to view complete changelog...
versionCode=6 versionName=0.9.4 beta
  • Fixed deep-sleep bug
  • Improved timer accuracy
  • Fixed videoplayback issue on some devices
versionCode=5 versionName=0.9.3 beta
  • Nightly, fixing the deep-sleep bug.
versionCode=4 versionName=0.9.2 beta
  • AirplaneMode enables SilentMode too, to avoid notifications
  • Fixed SilentMode issue (would trigger AirplaneMode on some android versions)
  • Fixed video animation playback issue
  • Fixed minor timer issue (was running an extra minute)
versionCode=3 versionName=0.9.1 beta
  • Settings to determine maximum duration (3, 6 or 12 hours) and disconnection mode (Airplane/Silent mode)
  • Fixed layout issues and optimization!

Attachments

• 01-main.jpg
    01-main.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 02-settings.jpg
    02-settings.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 01-main-dnd-buttons.jpg
    01-main-dnd-buttons.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Hi,

I have forked one of the app's released on GitHub by Fairphone/Kwamecorp, the Peace of Mind app. It's bascially an Airplane Mode with a timer.

I'm not sure if they're planning on publishing it as a standalone app (currently a system-app), so I've forked into Peace of Mind+ to make it available for other devices and for eager Fairphone owners!

Released under the Apache License version 2.0. Source code and APK are available here https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone

The app is still in beta version. When done, I hope to refactor the Fairphone OS launcher.

Yes, sir, nice. That's the reason I really like open source. Just more variants, that's nice. Thank you for your fork.

I have some thoughts about the widget and the app:
  • The widget is just too big/tall. Maybe it's possible that you can reduce the used space on the screen?
  • One major bug is, that the app only switches the airplane mode on/off. I usually use WLAN at home and work with activated airplane mode. If I'm going to take a nap for 30 mins, I activate peace of mind but WLAN is still active and Mails, Hangouts (messages, voice/video calls), G+ and other messengers would. The app also does not silence incoming messages. So currently not that much peace. Would be nice, if you can make a workaround or something.
  • If users install this app, the need root. Please mention it somewhere, maybe in the thread title.

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Thanks @benkxda for the valuable feedback!

The widget is just too big/tall. Maybe it's possible that you can reduce the used space on the screen?
I agree with you, upcoming enhancement ;)

One major bug is, that the app only switches the airplane mode on/off. I usually use WLAN at home and work with activated airplane mode. If I'm going to take a nap for 30 mins, I activate peace of mind but WLAN is still active and Mails, Hangouts (messages, voice/video calls), G+ and other messengers would. The app also does not silence incoming messages. So currently not that much peace. Would be nice, if you can make a workaround or something.
Definitly a bug, didn't even think about that case! This will be handled soon...

If users install this app, the need root. Please mention it somewhere, maybe in the thread title.
I've edited the OP. However, root is not strictly required. For Android 4.2+ devices, the app toggles the sound (silent) mode on non-rooted phones. If SU is available, permissions are requested (to toggle airplane mode). If declined, the app falls back to toggling silent mode...

I have added the issues on GitHub https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone/issues Upcoming features will also be listed there..

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Version 0.9.1

Here's the updated version:
- Settings to determine maximum duration (3, 6 or 12 hours) and disconnection mode (Airplane/Silent mode)
- Fixed layout issues and optimization!

Attached are the APK and a screen capture of the new Settings :)

The app is also available on the playstore, and the APK is available on GitHub too.

Attachments

• PeaceOfMind-v03.apk
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • 03_settings.png
    03_settings.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 311
Reactions: benkxda

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Here's the updated version:
- Settings to determine maximum duration (3, 6 or 12 hours) and disconnection mode (Airplane/Silent mode)
- Fixed layout issues and optimization!

Attached are the APK and a screen capture of the new Settings :)

The app is also available on the playstore, and the APK is available on GitHub too.

Very nice. Installed it and switched to Google Play to get all the updates automatically.

The 3/6/12 hours steps are really nice implemented. This will save my peace during the (business) day :angel:.
I talked about the functionalities of this app and I was told, there is a further need. Switch off all connections with the airplane mode but then let the user decide whether he wants to get notification (alarm, appointments) or not. Silent mode would probably not deactivate the LED notification light. However I did not check.

At the New Year's Eve party I'll get a chance to try out a Fairphone and then I can compare the original and the improved version and also show it to others.

If you want the app translated, place a request in our app translation thread. And if you want, you can post an advertisement for your app in the Fairphone Blog, like for those who have to wait longer, so they can test at least this app/widget. Almost like a teaser. The guys from Fairphone shouldn't have anything against it, because this is the way they provide their software - open for forks :)
Oh yes, I put some links related to this app in the OP and we also have a app tester thread.

EDIT: GPS is still active after airplane mode. I understand, this app just enables/disables the airplane mode, but can we get some extra tweaks in the settings area, in this case to save battery? Would be nice. If you know what's on the todo list of the next version, give us an update.
Thank you and enjoy the holidays.

EDIT: This widget/app was mentioned in the article Fairphone im Kurztest (at the very bottom; German, c't magazin, 3rd Jan 2014).

Last edited:
Reactions: mudar1771

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Version 0.9.2

New version released, with many fixes :)

Changelog:

Attached is the new APK, also available on the playstore.

NOTE: I have reported an issue to Kwamecorp, related to the AlarmManager timer that ends the Airplane mode. If you enable PeaceOfMind for 15 minutes, then leave your phone idle (disconnected, screen off), there's no guarantee that the timer would actually be triggered, since it does not wakeup an asleep device. This means that you might not receive any calls after the 15 minutes have passed, until you wake up the device by turning the screen on.

I'm currently working on fixing what I consider a critical issue before actually testing it on Kwamecorp's original version. Sorry about this, update is coming before the end of the week!

Attachments

• PeaceOfMind-v04.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Version 0.9.3

New version released, fixing the deep-sleep bug.

There are still some minor UI glitches I'm currently working on. Will edit this post soon, but wanted to publish this before the end of the week, as promised ;)

Attachments

• PeaceOfMind-v05.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 28

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Version 0.9.4

Changelog
  • Fixed deep-sleep bug

APK is attached here, update is also available on the playstore.

Next version will include widget enhancements and integration of DashClock.

For issues reporting or features suggestion, you can checkout the GitHub issues page!

Attachments

• PeaceOfMind-v06.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Hi @benkxda,

multi-replies to your suggestions/feedback below
One major bug is, that the app only switches the airplane mode on/off. I usually use WLAN at home and work with activated airplane mode. If I'm going to take a nap for 30 mins, I activate peace of mind but WLAN is still active and Mails, Hangouts (messages, voice/video calls), G+ and other messengers would. The app also does not silence incoming messages.
This should be fixed now. The change I made is that Airplane is mode is enabled each time PeaceOfMind is started, so this disables WiFi. Previously, the app would check airplane status, skipping if already was already on.

I talked about the functionalities of this app and I was told, there is a further need. Switch off all connections with the airplane mode but then let the user decide whether he wants to get notification (alarm, appointments) or not. Silent mode would probably not deactivate the LED notification light. However I did not check.
When enabling PeaceOfMind, Airplane and Silent modes are (now) both set (or silent-mode-only based on settings). So this silences notifications. Handling Alarms is a whole different story since they could be set by different apps. This would require displaying a list of installed apps to handle sound for each. I prefer to stick to the original mission: disconnect from the outside world

GPS is still active after airplane mode. I understand, this app just enables/disables the airplane mode, but can we get some extra tweaks in the settings area, in this case to save battery?
Well, it seems that enabling GPS with Airplane mode on varies by manufacturer. It's a very good idea and I understand the advantages, however I don't think such a feature fits with this app's scope. sorry ;)

Thanks again for all your valuable feedback!

mudar

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Hi @benkxda,

multi-replies to your suggestions/feedback below

This should be fixed now. The change I made is that Airplane is mode is enabled each time PeaceOfMind is started, so this disables WiFi. Previously, the app would check airplane status, skipping if already was already on.

When enabling PeaceOfMind, Airplane and Silent modes are (now) both set (or silent-mode-only based on settings). So this silences notifications. Handling Alarms is a whole different story since they could be set by different apps. This would require displaying a list of installed apps to handle sound for each. I prefer to stick to the original mission: disconnect from the outside world

Well, it seems that enabling GPS with Airplane mode on varies by manufacturer. It's a very good idea and I understand the advantages, however I don't think such a feature fits with this app's scope. sorry ;)

Thanks again for all your valuable feedback!

mudar

Thanks @mudar1488 for the recent updates. Before I go on, I want you to update also the first post of the thread, if you upload a new version including the new file, to get a version history. Also a Changelog in the first post would be nice. You also can place a new post, but please also update the first post. This makes it way easier to check if this thread was either updated or not. If the Fairphone index is up or let's say necessary, I don't wanna miss an update.

I use your Peace of Mind+ on my business device, a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches). Today I was checking the last version and I saw a couple of things, probably issues, maybe not.

1. Version number
I think I should have the version 0.6, but after a look in the app info, I was confused: "ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind version 0.9.4 beta". Is that right or did I just update to much? ;)

2. Sound on/off
Usually my phone is silenced completely. After I set a time in Peace of Mind+ and time ran out, the airplane mode switched off and sound switched on. So no silence anymore. Please save the settings of the sound before Peace of Mind+ becomes active and after the time ran out, restore the settings. Same thing with the airplane mode, which usually is active on my device, as well as WiFi is active.

3. Graphical issues
I have some graphical issues on my device. When I start Peace of Mind+ you see the following:
screenshot_2014-01-16pfkw5.png
screenshot_2014-01-1621kdo.png
screenshot_2014-01-16dmszp.png

You can see a strange graphical fragment on the right of "ATPEACE". I started the app three times, and I always saw a different fragment.

Then I started a time and reset it to zero right afterwards, result:
screenshot_2014-01-169oko2.png

Ok, so the fragment is gone and the text "ATPEACE" jumped one text line up and stays there, because on the left side, there are two text lines during the time is running out. Check the image below, in this case the two text lines are "1h35 TO1h35". To avoid these fragments, I currently have to set a time, then the fragment is gone.
screenshot_2014-01-16bskw1.png

Hope the images help to compensate some of the wrong or not correct words/text phrases I used. If not, don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT:
Just recognized your title of the post with the latest app version: "Version 0.9.4". I am a bit lost. Why is version 0.9.4 called v0.6 in the file name?

Last edited:

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Great feedback @benkxda, as usual ;)

I've added updates to the OP, but for detailed history I on Github. For future versions, I'll probably just publish the updates in the OP instead of adding a new reply each time.

I think I should have the version 0.6, but after a look in the app info, I was confused: "ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind version 0.9.4 beta". Is that right or did I just update to much? ;)
Mystery resolved in the OP! APK filename has the versionCode (1 to 6) but I refer to it by its versionName (0.9 beta to 0.9.6 beta)

Usually my phone is silenced completely. After I set a time in Peace of Mind+ and time ran out, the airplane mode switched off and sound switched on. So no silence anymore. Please save the settings of the sound before Peace of Mind+ becomes active ...
will do that in the next version!

I have some graphical issues on my device. When I start Peace of Mind+ you see the following: You can see a strange graphical fragment on the right of "ATPEACE". I started the app three times, and I always saw a different fragment ...
well, this is a strange one! I did test on a Galaxy S3 and didn't see such pixels.
  • When you enable PeaceOfMind, do you see an animation in the background (like a water flood)?
  • Do you still these pixels in landscape mode?
  • How long has it been since last time you did a reboot?! (just looking for hints)
  • Do you think these pixels could be translucid? meaning do you think you see a scramble of your homescreen ? or do they look more like pixels of a corrupted video?
I'll do my best to find the issue.

I've added the last two to the GitHub issues page

Edit: I've attached 2 APKs to test the Graphical issues. @benkxda reported having graphical issues on his Galaxy S3 (unspecified ROM). Users who have the same issue (screen captures attached) can try installing these 2 versions and see if the issue is still there. Warning: ugly colors are used ;)

Attachments

• PeaceOfMind-v07a.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • PeaceOfMind-v07b.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • screenshot_2014-01-16dmszp.png
    screenshot_2014-01-16dmszp.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 183
  • screenshot_2014-01-16pfkw5.png
    screenshot_2014-01-16pfkw5.png
    223 KB · Views: 181
  • screenshot_2014-01-1621kdo.png
    screenshot_2014-01-1621kdo.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Great feedback @benkxda, as usual ;)

I've added updates to the OP, but for detailed history I on Github. For future versions, I'll probably just publish the updates in the OP instead of adding a new reply each time.

Mystery resolved in the OP! APK filename has the versionCode (1 to 6) but I refer to it by its versionName (0.9 beta to 0.9.6 beta)

will do that in the next version!

well, this is a strange one! I did test on a Galaxy S3 and didn't see such pixels.
  • When you enable PeaceOfMind, do you see an animation in the background (like a water flood)?
  • Do you still these pixels in landscape mode?
  • How long has it been since last time you did a reboot?! (just looking for hints)
  • Do you think these pixels could be translucid? meaning do you think you see a scramble of your homescreen ? or do they look more like pixels of a corrupted video?
I'll do my best to find the issue.

I've added the last two to the GitHub issues page

Edit: I've attached 2 APKs to test the Graphical issues. @benkxda reported having graphical issues on his Galaxy S3 (unspecified ROM). Users who have the same issue (screen captures attached) can try installing these 2 versions and see if the issue is still there. Warning: ugly colors are used ;)
What a shame, I forgot my S3 LTE at work. It has Android 4.3.1 running, CM10.2 nightly (set to 280 ppi).

Well, I just thought, I give other devices a try. I used file version 0.6, as this was the version on the S3 LTE, where I found those graphical issues.
First up, the Nexus 5 (full HD set to 440 ppi, Omni nightly). I did not see any problems. Then I tried it on the Galaxy Nexus (720x1280, just like the S3 LTE, set to 320 ppi and running CM11 nightly) and also no problems. It might be a problem with the older Android 4.3.1 or maybe this special nightly? I am back at work on Monday.

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Thanks a lot for this. I was looking for such an app when I saw a Fairphone unboxing video.

Yes. +1 and thank you @mudar1488 :)

Ok, now to your questions:
When you enable PeaceOfMind, do you see an animation in the background (like a water flood)?
Do you still these pixels in landscape mode?
How long has it been since last time you did a reboot?! (just looking for hints)
Do you think these pixels could be translucid? meaning do you think you see a scramble of your homescreen ? or do they look more like pixels of a corrupted video?

1. Yes, I see the animation (smoothly on N5/S3 LTE and on Galaxy Nexus a bit sluggish).
  2. Yes, I see these pixels in landscape mode. Doesn't matter if I start in portrait mode and switch to landscape mode or if I directly start in landscape mode.
  3. I have this all the time, doesn't matter if I try after reboot or at the end of the day... always the same.
  4. This is a bit special. Well, I think I don't see my background wallpaper (my wallpaper is just simple black). But I tried it on two home screens. One screen with a lot of icons, the other one with none (even no navigation icons). The result was interesting, as I saw a mostly brown or green fragment on the screen with much icons and usually a black fragment on the screen without icons. It is not always the brown/green or the black one, but that where the most results.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: mudar1771

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
  1. Yes, I see the animation (smoothly on N5/S3 LTE and on Galaxy Nexus a bit sluggish).
  2. Yes, I see these pixels in landscape mode. Doesn't matter if I start in portrait mode and switch to landscape mode or if I directly start in landscape mode.
  3. I have this all the time, doesn't matter if I try after reboot or at the end of the day... always the same.
  4. This is a bit special. Well, I think I don't see my background wallpaper (my wallpaper is just simple black). But I tried it on two home screens. One screen with a lot of icons, the other one with none (even no navigation icons). The result was interesting, as I saw a mostly brown or green fragment on the screen with much icons and usually a black fragment on the screen without icons. It is not always the brown/green or the black one, but that where the most results.

Hope that helps.

Thanks @benkxda! Did you try-out the v07a and v07b versions (attached here)? the latter doesn't play video and they both use ugly colors to try to understand what zone/element holds the strange pixels!

However, I do suspect an issue with the custom ROM or the custom DPI value used :(

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
New Version 1.0

APK and Changelog are provided in the OP. Peace of Mind+ is also available on the Playstore.

Out of beta now :) so future updates will mainly be bug-fixes. Your feedback/suggestions/comments are most welcome!

Thanks,
mudar

Unrelashade

Sep 7, 2009
APK and Changelog are provided in the OP. Peace of Mind+ is also available on the Playstore.

Out of beta now :) so future updates will mainly be bug-fixes. Your feedback/suggestions/comments are most welcome!

Thanks,
mudar
Nnnniiice work! So will you get/ put it into the f-droid repository as well? Looking forward to it! :good:
(also, please tell me if the people from f-droid put it into their repository or if a developers has to do that. It could be just them, because all the code is available and they build it from source by themselves to make sure applications don't differ from the code they link to/ offer)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

We become more conscious of our phones as our lives become increasingly connected. Would you like to disconnect, if only for a moment? Your phone will go silent and disconnect from the world: no e-mail, no status updates, no SMS and no phone calls. Choose how long you wish to disconnect (up to 12 hours).

For Android 4.2+ devices, the app requiers Root privileges to enable the Airplane Mode. On non-rooted phones (or if SU is declined) the app enables Silent Mode instead. This is due to security changes introduced by Google in Android SDK version 17.

When done, I hope to refactor the Fairphone OS launcher.

Read article on XDA's portal :eek:
    Put Airplane Mode on a Schedule with Peace of Mind+ by @willverduzco

Download:
    Check GitHub for the lastest version and version release history

Changelog:
    versionCode=18 versionName=2.1.0
    • Updated to Material Design
    • Added support for Android's "Do not disturb" mode
    • Optimizations, clean animation, etc..
    • Airplane mode support for rooted devices

versionCode=12 versionName=1.2
    • Restore sound to previous setting (bug fix)
    • RootTools updated to version 3.4

versionCode=10 versionName=1.1
    • Enhanced tablet layout
    • Fixed bug for some Android 4.3 devices

versionCode=8 versionName=1.0
    • Out of beta!
    • Improved Widget layout
    • DashClock extension added
    • Restores previous ringerMode at the end of an Airplane-mode PeaceOfMind
    • Added About dialog (in Settings)
    • Added Brazilian-Portuguese and Russian translations, and completed other translations
    Click below to view complete changelog...
    versionCode=6 versionName=0.9.4 beta
    • Fixed deep-sleep bug
    versionCode=5 versionName=0.9.3 beta
    • Nightly, fixing the deep-sleep bug.
    versionCode=4 versionName=0.9.2 beta
    versionCode=3 versionName=0.9.1 beta
    • Settings to determine maximum duration (3, 6 or 12 hours) and disconnection mode (Airplane/Silent mode)
    • Fixed layout issues and optimization!
    I knocked up an F-Droid recipe, which you may want to push to them. I used RootTools 3.4 because 3.3 is known to have problems compiling and preferred to build it from source since there is no official binary of 3.3 to compare yours with. Note that XDA has misinterpreted the text in the for the Categories value!
    Code:
    diff --git a/metadata/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind.txt b/metadata/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind.txt
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..0a68fa6
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/metadata/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind.txt
    @@ -0,0 +1,40 @@
    +Categories:eek:ffice
    +License:Apache2
    +Web Site:http://fairphone.mudar.ca
    +Source Code:https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone
    +Issue Tracker:https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone/issues
    +
    +Auto Name:Peace of Mind+
    +Summary:Widget to quiet the phone
    +Description:
    +Based-on a widget that comes with the [http://fairphone.com Fairphone],
    +a phone that's made from ethically-sourced materials.
    +
    +Would you like to disconnect, if only for a moment? 
    +Your phone will go silent and disconnect from the world: no e-mail, no status 
    +updates, no SMS and no phone calls. 
    +Choose how long you wish to disconnect (up to 3 hours).
    +
    +Requires root on Android 4.2+ to put the phone in Airplane Mode; if 
    +the request is declined only Silent Mode will be enabled instead.
    +.
    +
    +Repo Type:git
    +Repo:https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone
    +
    +Build:1.0,8
    +    commit=36fd2aeb73
    +    subdir=FairphonePeaceOfMind
    +    gradle=defaultFlavor
    +    srclibs=RootTools-new@3.4
    +    rm=FairphonePeaceOfMind/libs/RootTools-3.3.jar
    +    prebuild=sed -i "/^    compile files/d" build.gradle && \
    +             sed -i "37 i \ \ \ \ compile project(':RootTools-new')" build.gradle && \
    +             echo "include ':RootTools-new'" >> ../settings.gradle && \
    +             ln -s $(readlink -f $$RootTools-new$$) ../RootTools-new
    +
    +Auto Update Mode:None
    +Update Check Mode:RepoManifest
    +Current Version:1.0
    +Current Version Code:8
    +
    diff --git a/srclibs/RootTools-new.txt b/srclibs/RootTools-new.txt
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..0925f35
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/srclibs/RootTools-new.txt
    @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
    +Repo Type:git
    +Repo:https://github.com/Stericson/RootTools
    +Subdir:RootTools/RootTools
    @mudar1488 ...finally, your improved app is on the XDA portal :victory: Congrats!
    Nice to see you working on that!

Maybe you'd like to submit it to f-droid? That'd be great!
    www.f-droid.org

@Unrelashade I'll definitly submit the app to F-Droid when out of beta!
    @op what about compatibility with older version of android? I've got my FP but also an older phone, that I'm using sometime, with android 2.3.... any chance to have this app on 2.3.x as well?

Sorry, but no plans for 2.3 compatibility :(

PeaceOfMind+ started as a fork of Fairphone's PeaceOfMind, which was intended to run only on the fairphone: screen resolution, android version, system app, etc.
    So working with that code I tried to make it compatible with other devices. The original app was for Android 4.1 (API 16), so I added support for 4.0+ (API 14). Initially I thought it would only need some UI changes, but I had to handle non-rooted phones and fix too many bugs. And the code quality was not that great.

So to me it's difficult to justify the amount of changes (and time!) required to add support for 2.3, especially for what was supposed to be a simple Fork.