I sneezed and my HTC One X screen cracked

Search This thread

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
I have acute rinitis plus recently I have a severe cold. I was using my computer with my HOX on the desk and suddenly I sneezed, one of the most powerful sneezes I have ever had, so much my ears were blocked. My HTC One X did not move but I heard something only to find out a huge crack from top to bottom. :(

My phone still works fine and the crack is not visible when my screen is on but I am very dissapointed on the glass strenght quality, how can it crack over the sound of a sneeze???

mwilky

Recognized Developer
Feb 21, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I have acute rinitis plus recently I have a severe cold. I was using my computer with my HOX on the desk and suddenly I sneezed, one of the most powerful sneezes I have ever had, so much my ears were blocked. My HTC One X did not move but I heard something only to find out a huge crack from top to bottom. :(

My phone still works fine and the crack is not visible when my screen is on but I am very dissapointed on the glass strenght quality, how can it crack over the sound of a sneeze???

Hahaha i laughed reading this, sure you didn't bang it it anything? Either that or you have one big sneeze!!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Laurentius26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2005
@Op, maybe you scared the hox?
If you sneeze hard it can be very shocking I think. :)

oliseo

Aug 11, 2011
Have you ever put your thumb over the cold water tap in the bath. As you reduce the diameter of the flow, the velocity increases.

So imagine your lungs being full of air. They are forced out your trachea, thus increasing the velocity. Now imagine your muscles spasming involuntary whilst your larynx is closed. The pressure build up is equal the force of 50 elephants standing on a two pence piece. So the moment your larynx opens, you release a shock wave of air travelling at hypersonic speeds. It was probably the pressure of this shock wave that fractured the glass.

You're just lucky that you caught your HOX straight on (probably why it didn't move). If you would have caught it side on, you could easily provided enough force for it to reach escape velocity. Rather tricky to explain to the insurance company that you're HOX is now in geo-stationary orbit.

I'd be more careful next time.

Garoto1973

Dec 29, 2010
Heredia, Costa Rica
Have you ever put your thumb over the cold water tap in the bath. As you reduce the diameter of the flow, the velocity increases.

So imagine your lungs being full of air. They are forced out your trachea, thus increasing the velocity. Now imagine your muscles spasming involuntary whilst your larynx is closed. The pressure build up is equal the force of 50 elephants standing on a two pence piece. So the moment your larynx opens, you release a shock wave of air travelling at hypersonic speeds. It was probably the pressure of this shock wave that fractured the glass.

You're just lucky that you caught your HOX straight on (probably why it didn't move). If you would have caught it side on, you could easily provided enough force for it to reach escape velocity. Rather tricky to explain to the insurance company that you're HOX is now in geo-stationary orbit.

I agree, I barely had time to cover one of my nostrils, one propelled enough air to hit the HOX and break it , the other one caused an implosion which almost made my ears explode and my brain bounce uncontrollably.

After a lot of searching looks like changing the screen is better left to brain surgeons and as I am out of warranty I better take this with humor and accept it as a war wound.

paulbyrdjr

Sep 4, 2010
Oakland, CA
Damn that sucks. I literally almost spit soda all over my phone reading your post. That would have been a no go do real. Maybe your sneeze hit a higher pitch and that shattered the screen, its not uncommon for sharp noises to do that.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

thunderc8

Apr 1, 2010
I'm sorry to hear that your hox is damaged, but I can't avoid the opportunity to ask you if you whant to work in a construction company.
Because bulldozer costs a lot of oil to destroy the buildings that we reconstruct how about you come and sneeze and destroy building with your supersonic sneeze and earn some money in the process.

atrako1973

Feb 17, 2010
dublin
May be you sneezed and something fell on a top of it

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
LMAO...please do me a favor..next time you sneeze pllllllzzzz record it and post it here..I would love to crack the screen of my friend's gs3 who shows me his jb phone everyday..:p

sent from my Nokia 3310 using space travel

Reactions: irharrier

debrancherenzym

Jul 4, 2012
Lahore
Dude....OMG...i am sorry...did'nt u hear the call....I think u r late

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345546045472.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345546045472.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 201

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lmao, have a quick tooth count matey.
    Are you the new super hero, the super sneezer ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Probably the microfoon is damaged as well hehehe.. :p

Are you the new super hero, the super sneezer ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2