[MOD] [Discontinued] Battery%-Mods, centered clock, MIUI-bar - Updated 6.1.13

Search This thread

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
No it is not mentioned :p. As I only included a mod that was very famous in it's days, I just assumed everybody knew it, sorry.

Hehe, nope, you found the one guy who didnt know ;).
Ive used your mod today, but sadly it keeps crashing all the time on my One X. Seems like a force close, it restarts itself afterwards. Happens when i exit sygic navigation or when poweramp wants to show the next track in the title bar. Any idea? Thanks!

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
Hehe, nope, you found the one guy who didnt know ;).
Ive used your mod today, but sadly it keeps crashing all the time on my One X. Seems like a force close, it restarts itself afterwards. Happens when i exit sygic navigation or when poweramp wants to show the next track in the title bar. Any idea? Thanks!
No, sorry, no idea. And haven't heard that before. About 800 ppl dled one of the mods in the last days and nobody reported any crashes. Only thing that FC's systemUI.apk with that mod is when you flash it on a ROM with modification to the same files, or a rom + some mod that also changes SystemUI. I had a lot of SystemUI crashes on ARHD with Leedroid tweaks for instance.
If you don't have any of that, I have no clue.

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
No, sorry, no idea. And haven't heard that before. About 800 ppl dled one of the mods in the last days and nobody reported any crashes. Only thing that FC's systemUI.apk with that mod is when you flash it on a ROM with modification to the same files, or a rom + some mod that also changes SystemUI. I had a lot of SystemUI crashes on ARHD with Leedroid tweaks for instance.
If you don't have any of that, I have no clue.

Ok, thanks anyway! Maybe ill try cleaning all caches...

matthiazzz

Jun 4, 2012
Ive used your mod today, but sadly it keeps crashing all the time on my One X. Seems like a force close, it restarts itself afterwards. Happens when i exit sygic navigation or when poweramp wants to show the next track in the title bar.
I second that. Having the same problem. Even happens with push email. :(

Using this tweak on Android Revolution HD 6.0.0 and Advanced Power Menu with lower AutoBrightness-Settings (version 1.29.3). No other mods are installed.

APM is installed with long click home button replacement if that matters.

Any idea how ro resolve this?

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
I second that. Having the same problem. Even happens with push email. :(

Using this tweak on Android Revolution HD 6.0.0 and Advanced Power Menu with lower AutoBrightness-Settings (version 1.29.3). No other mods are installed.

APM is installed with long click home button replacement if that matters.

Any idea how ro resolve this?

As I answered the guy here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26932441&postcount=262

I cannot reproduce it on a clean ARHD Installation with any mods. Only when having remains of old mods/roms on phone these things are reproducable here.

As I don't know which of the mods and then which options of that mod you use, maybe try the other options of that mod also for some time, i.e. with/without eqs and with/without MIUI bar switched on. This could help to single out the part that makes trouble on your phone. But still, that makes only sense AFTER clearing cache and dalvik-cache in recovery and when you are sure you have a clean install of ARHD (i.e. Reflash ARHD when any other mod like eqs, leedroid tweaks and so on were on phone).

matthiazzz

Jun 4, 2012
Frist off, thanks for your quick answer.

It's been the first mod which got flashed onto that One X. I followed the instructions and did a super wipe before flashing. Downloaded and installed all files yesterday.

APM was installed first with:
- APM with Menu-Bar removal, Menu mapped to Longpress Home-Button

Then Battery%-Modwas installed with:
- Stock HD - base 1.29 and
- Battery% mod with EQS by j4n87

I guess it will be trial and error then. Just APM by itself did not produce any crashes btw.

I guess I will try some other battery mod combination later today then.

E \V o T lR i X ™ 3lD

May 12, 2012
soo.. why i have some graphic glitches? :eek:
i have the glitches there my carrier stands in notification center..
(where you can click on delete and settings i mean ;))
there are some ugly stripes through it.. :rolleyes:
is it just me.. or is this known? :)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

2012-06-04_16-44-35f0zou.png

this is what i mean ;)

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
soo.. why i have some graphic glitches? :eek:
i have the glitches there my carrier stands in notification center..
(where you can click on delete and settings i mean ;))
there are some ugly stripes through it.. :rolleyes:
is it just me.. or is this known? :)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

this is what i mean ;)

That stripes are normal. I have them also.
But what i find more interesting is that your statusbar icons are overlapping partially. What have you done there? Have you changed the dpi-settings somehow? The icons are much too large.

E \V o T lR i X ™ 3lD

May 12, 2012
That stripes are normal. I have them also.
But what i find more interesting is that your statusbar icons are overlapping partially. What have you done there? Have you changed the dpi-settings somehow? The icons are much too large.

no just installed normal NOTHING changed..:confused:
i didnt know RIGHT NOW what i exactly used (settings) but nothing changed to dpi or something like that ;)
so when its normal... can u maybe fix that?
that would be nice, or just make a ONLY battery percentage? so just icon from battery or would that be the same thing with the stripes? ;)

greetz

Narcal

Sep 24, 2011
Desio
Hello there
I tried to flash the Gauge % Battery choosing the EQS no trasparent regular clock.
But each time I reboot the phone at start I got a notification saying: "System UI has crashed" (or stopped working or something similar) and I did have the EQS but not the MIUI battery bar.
I also had to wait 5-10 secs to have the notification bar loaded.

I reflashed Gauge% pure and it works fine!

preacher65

Nov 20, 2010
near London
I tried to flash the Gauge % Battery choosing the EQS no trasparent regular clock.
But each time I reboot the phone at start I got a notification saying: "System UI has crashed" (or stopped working or something similar) and I did have the EQS but not the MIUI battery bar.
I also had to wait 5-10 secs to have the notification bar loaded.

I reflashed Gauge% pure and it works fine!
Hi Jotha, firstly I have only just started using these mods and wanted to say thanks for creating them (and thanks to j4n87 for EQS). :)

However I'm afraid I'm getting FCs on SystemUI.apk as well. It happens every time an app pushes a message to the notification area. I've done a little bit of troubleshooting so thought I would share it, in case it's helpful.

I've tried:
1) Both the Honeycomb and HoolmHD mods, they both exhibit the same behaviour.
2) "Battery pure" and "battery with EQS" versions - only the versions with EQS cause any FC so far.
3) Transparent version with EQS and standard version with EQS - both cause FC.

I backed up my current setup and tried this on a clean install, still get the FCs. Steps to reproduce (at least on my phone):
1) Install ARHD 6.1.0 with superwipe and no mods. Boot once.
2) Install Battery/EQS mod (I tried the Honey version for testing after superwipe) and no other mods.
3) Boot again.
4) Disable backup/restore via Google account in Settings/Privacy so I could be sure nothing extra would get installed.
5) Signed in to Play Store and downloaded Adaway.
6) Downloaded hosts and applied - SystemUI FC'ed then restarted.

The MIUI battery bar isn't turned on. When I tried on my normal setup (i.e. non-wiped), I tried turning the battery bar on and off, it didn't seem to make any difference. Also cleared cache and dalvik-cache.

Note it's not just Adaway, a lot of apps that push messages to the notification bar also cause FC, including the Play Store, TB, etc. It only seems to be these messages that cause the FC - apps that keep Ongoing entries in the notification area (JD, Screebl) don't cause problems. Adaway is just the easiest way to trigger it, but it also happens when installing apps via Play Store.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can do any more testing or can provide any extra info. I'll repeat the superwipe test again later with some other versions of the mod, in case it's only a problem in some of the downloads. It's certainly weird that only some of us are having this problem.

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi Jotha, firstly I have only just started using these mods and wanted to say thanks for creating them (and thanks to j4n87 for EQS). :)

However I'm afraid I'm getting FCs on SystemUI.apk as well. It happens every time an app pushes a message to the notification area. I've done a little bit of troubleshooting so thought I would share it, in case it's helpful.

I've tried:
1) Both the Honeycomb and HoolmHD mods, they both exhibit the same behaviour.
2) "Battery pure" and "battery with EQS" versions - only the versions with EQS cause any FC so far.
3) Transparent version with EQS and standard version with EQS - both cause FC.

I backed up my current setup and tried this on a clean install, still get the FCs. Steps to reproduce (at least on my phone):
1) Install ARHD 6.1.0 with superwipe and no mods. Boot once.
2) Install Battery/EQS mod (I tried the Honey version for testing after superwipe) and no other mods.
3) Boot again.
4) Disable backup/restore via Google account in Settings/Privacy so I could be sure nothing extra would get installed.
5) Signed in to Play Store and downloaded Adaway.
6) Downloaded hosts and applied - SystemUI FC'ed then restarted.

The MIUI battery bar isn't turned on. When I tried on my normal setup (i.e. non-wiped), I tried turning the battery bar on and off, it didn't seem to make any difference. Also cleared cache and dalvik-cache.

Note it's not just Adaway, a lot of apps that push messages to the notification bar also cause FC, including the Play Store, TB, etc. It only seems to be these messages that cause the FC - apps that keep Ongoing entries in the notification area (JD, Screebl) don't cause problems. Adaway is just the easiest way to trigger it, but it also happens when installing apps via Play Store.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can do any more testing or can provide any extra info. I'll repeat the superwipe test again later with some other versions of the mod, in case it's only a problem in some of the downloads. It's certainly weird that only some of us are having this problem.

Thanks for testing all that. I acknowledge that there may be an issue. I can't reproduce it though. There is one big problem I have: I cannot decompile/recompile the systemUI from j4n87 that includes the EQS, so I can only inject files into it. If there is an issue in that file, I have no chance to repair it.
I have already started to make my own EQS on the base of j4n87's so I can control it and also port it to new bases in the future. When I succeed, maybe those problems are also gone or at least easier to adress. So I have to ask for your patience here.

Reactions: Whiskey103

preacher65

Nov 20, 2010
near London
There is one big problem I have: I cannot decompile/recompile the systemUI from j4n87 that includes the EQS, so I can only inject files into it. If there is an issue in that file, I have no chance to repair it.
I have already started to make my own EQS on the base of j4n87's so I can control it and also port it to new bases in the future. When I succeed, maybe those problems are also gone or at least easier to adress. So I have to ask for your patience here.
Thanks for the explanation. I hope I didn't sound demanding, I was just posting in case it helped you narrow down the problem. But I hadn't realised the difficulties in working with the file - and I have some idea how difficult it is to work on these mods even when you can decompile! Does that mean you're just injecting new battery graphics into the existing EQS then? I thought if you were re-compiling for each version, that might be where the problem was, but it sounds not. Probably not much point trying the other downloads then.

And of course we'll be patient. :) Like any custom ROM, mod or app, we're all just grateful for the effort put in. If you do manage to fix it, that's great, and if not, well that's fine too. Good luck with the new EQS and thanks for all your hard work. :cool:

Out of interest, do you use an EQS version of this mod yourself? If so, which version? Just curious to try it on my phone to see if it's any different. You've given so many options in the OP it'd take a while to test them all. :)

One more question, if you don't mind - is the MIUI bar part of the modified EQS, or is it in the app? Not sure if the app contains the mod or just changes the settings for it.

Last edited:

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks for the explanation. I hope I didn't sound demanding, I was just posting in case it helped you narrow down the problem. But I hadn't realised the difficulties in working with the file - and I have some idea how difficult it is to work on these mods even when you can decompile! Does that mean you're just injecting new battery graphics into the existing EQS then? I thought if you were re-compiling for each version, that might be where the problem was, but it sounds not. Probably not much point trying the other downloads then.

And of course we'll be patient. :) Like any custom ROM, mod or app, we're all just grateful for the effort put in. If you do manage to fix it, that's great, and if not, well that's fine too. Good luck with the new EQS and thanks for all your hard work. :cool:

Out of interest, do you use an EQS version of this mod yourself? If so, which version? Just curious to try it on my phone to see if it's any different. You've given so many options in the OP it'd take a while to test them all. :)

One more question, if you don't mind - is the MIUI bar part of the modified EQS, or is it in the app? Not sure if the app contains the mod or just changes the settings for it.

Well you have to seperate the mods with eqs from the mods without.
The mods WITHOUT eqs are made like you thought, so: decompile systemUI, insert graphics, edit/write xml-files, edit/write smali apps, recompile.
The mods WITH eqs are much more difficult because I can't decompile/compile the systemui.apk from eqs-mod that i use as a base. So i start with just injecting the graphics, which is no problem. Next would be xml files. Now xml-files have to be compiled, so simply injecting the ones I work with would not work. So I use "drone-mods" where i include the needed xmls, compile those, then take he compiled xml and inject them into my mod. Last problem is smali that I need for batterybar. Here I am lucky that the eqs from j4n87 was also used with leedroid tweaks and thus already includes some smali files for that status bar. I only had to adapt my xml's for MIUI bar a bit for that slightly different smali-files, compile them and inject them the same way as before.
You can imagine that that whole process is difficult, a constant flow of workarounds and thus error-prone. Thats why I want a new eqs that can be compiled normally. I managed to get the base-smali-files out of the eqs mod and will make a new eqs out of that one. It will have a bit less functionality than j4n87's, but some of the functions are redundant with apm-mod anyways.
That step is absolutely necessary because the EQS mod is abandoned and we would be in trouble when we have a new rom base one day.

And: No, I don't use any of my battery mods, but one of my CircleMod Statusbar-mods with EQS and MIUI-Bar. Obviously I don't use an app that makes trouble, because I don't have FC's. But I can generate FC's with some EQS-Functions alone. That was even the case in pure EQS-Mod like downloaded.

Last edited:

preacher65

Nov 20, 2010
near London
Thanks once again for the explanation. :)

I have some small experience of that, from re-working some of he_stheone64's themes. Some of his apks didn't de-compile cleanly, due to some of the shortcuts he took due to having to work on so many files across lots of themes. So I would have to do something similar, making dummy mods and then swapping out the classes.dex and so on. Not sure I can remember all of it now, but I think I can appreciate how much work you've put in! And still are putting in - but a whole lot of people will be grateful if we can still have EQS on a new base. :D

Anyway, thanks again for the detailed reply. One of my most favourite things about Android is learning more about how it all works, and I really appreciate it when people take the time to explain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As UOT-Kitchen does not work with Sense 4.0, I decided to make some battery mods for One X manually.
    I used graphics from UOT-Kitchen for most, so credits for those graphics go to them.

Edit: Added option for centered clock
    picture.php

Edit: Added MIUI-style battery-bar
    picture.php

Edit: Added Version that removes Battery Icon alltogether. (If you only want MIUI Battery Bar)

Each download gives you the choices:

• Battery% mod pure
    • Battery% mod pure - centered clock
    All versions include MIUI-Style battery-bar including control-app by pvyParts. After installing mod, start app to set up battery bar. If you want to remove it, switch off Bar in control-app and uninstall control-app.

For all that want a transparent statusbar: As there were only very few requests for that, I decided not to make a complete set of files for that again, but instead provide you with a tutorial, how to make that yourself in the furture. You can find it in this post:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27547687&postcount=292

Changelog:
    21.4.12: I replaced the Stock Green Graphics with the Stock HD Graphics made by Shenye. Thanks for permission to use them
    27.4.12: I replaced the Hoolm Graphics from UOT with the original HD Hooolm Graphics of CirclesMod by Holm. For full statusbar mod and credits see my CirclesMod StatusBar Thread
    30.4.12: I added another Battery%-Mod based on my complete Status-Bar mod CirclesModRed.
    30.4.12: Updated to base 1.29
    2.5.12: Added WhiteNumbers mod
    3.5.12: Added NumbersHD Mod and Battery-Removal-Mod
    4.5.12: Added Gauge and Gauge ICS. The latter is based on graphics by he_stheone64
    5.5.12: I added 3 Battery%-Mods based on my complete Status-Bar mods CirclesModGreen, CirclesModGinger and CirclesModWhite
    6.5.12: Added BigAndroid and Bubble Mod
    16.5.12: Updated to new base 1.29.401.11
    17.5.12: v 1.29.2: Added Option with EQS and Transparent Statusbar, switched to Aroma-installer, removed CirclesModGreen and
    CirclesModGinger
    25.5.12: v 1.29.3: Added Option with centered clock, switched to Aroma-installer 2.0, removed CirclesModRed
    27.5.12: Added versions for Team Pokemon Charmandar
    30.5.12: v 1.29.4:
    Added MIUI-style battery-ba
    17.6.12: v.2.05.1: Updated to new base 2.05. Removed EQS versions for now, because EQS does not run on 2.05

17.7.12: v.2.05.2: Updated to versions with new EQS, working with Base 2.05 and 1.29
    18.7.12: Added version that removes Battery Icon
    04-8.12: v.2.15.1; Updated to new base 2.15, including Original HTC-EQS unlocked
    07.10.12: v.3.09.1: Updated to new base 3.09 (JB), no EQS for now, EQS not ported yet to 3.09

14.10.12: v.3.09.1: Not really changed but confirmed safe and working on 3.14
    02.11.12: v.3.14.2: Updated to base 3.14.401.190
    11.11.12: v.3.20.1: Updated to base 3.14.401.20
    05.12.12:v.3.27.1: Updated to Official JB-Base 3.14.401.27. Also working on base

Important:

• This mods are for deodexed roms of base 3.14. Please do NOT use with any other base or stock rom.
    • Please be sure to choose the right one for your base
    • Do not use on any other mod/ROM that changes systemUI.apk or it will destroy the tweaks that were made there or might cause unwanted effects.
    • Please make nandroid before flashing.
    • Flash in recovery and don't flash in same run as rom.
    No battery Icon- base 3.14.401.27/31, if you only want MIUI-Battery bar (use App to switch on after flashing)

Big Android - base 3.14.401.27/31, Graphics based on mod by reverepats
    picture.php

picture.php

Bubble -base 3.14.401.27/31, Graphics from unknown source
    picture.php

Circle - base 3.14.401.27/31, graphics from UOT-Kitchen
    picture.php
    picture.php

Digits-base 3.14.401.27/31
    picture.php

GaugeICS -base 3.14.401.27/31, Graphics based on mod of he_stheone64
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gauge - base 3.14.401.27/31, Graphics from unknown source
    picture.php

picture.php

Honeycomb -base 3.14.401.27/31, graphics from UOT-Kitchen
    picture.php

HooolmHDBlue -base 3.14.401.27/31, Graphics original artwork by Holm
    picture.php

HooolmHDWhite -base 3.14.401.27/31, Graphics based on Holm's CircleMod, recoloring by me
    picture.php

picture.php

Numbers -base 3.14.401.27/31, Graphics by me
    picture.php

Stock HD - base 3.14.401.27/31, Graphics original artwork by Shenye
    picture.php

If you like one of them and use it, a click on Thanks would be nice ;)

And NO:

• I won't take orders or requests for others
    • I will NOT make them compatible with any other mods
    • I won't change anything because you don't like this or that
    • :p

A note to chefs and devs:
    Should you want to include this mod in any other development project, please pm me and ask for permission BEFORE doing so. You will get it, but I want to know where my stuff floats around.

Updated to 3.20

Uploaded updated Versions, based on 3.14.401.20. Please all use the new version, even if old version would run. The new base is free of debug-code and thus much leaner.

And as always: A click on Thanks would be nice if you like and use one of them.
    Use this mod safely on Base .31

I have just diffed the SystemUI.apk from base .31 with the one of last base .27. They are identical. So you can use the mod of last base on base .31 without any disadvantages.

Have fun
    Updated to Base 3.09 - JellyBean

Hi Guys,

Mods are updated to latest base 3.09 for all those JB-Leak-Roms. EQS is not (yet) included, because the SystemUI.apk is pretty much changed all over again and the porting will take some time.

Have fun and please remember to hit Thanks if you like and use one of them-
    OK Guys,
    added versions for new base 2.15, including new EQS unlocked by j4n87.
    Grab one of the various versions and don't forget to give me a Thanks if you use one of them.;)