[A70B/IT2 HC][3.2.81 update] Enabling SDE and rooted firmware package

Search This thread

letama

Feb 13, 2008
First:

Warning! This is only for A70B/A70IT2 Honeycomb model, It won't work on Froyo model!

Here is a package that enables unofficially SDE menu in recovery and install a rooted stock firmware with busybox and SuperUser.Apk

Pre-Requisite:

- Adb must be enabled on tablet and PC driver+adb command must be working. You can test on pc with "adb shell", it should give you a '$' prompt. If you don't have this, first make it work. There are multiple links around to help if needed.

Instructions:

- Unzip files on your pc in adb.exe directory.
- Launch enable_sde.bat on your pc. It's better to do it in a cmd.exe window, you'll be able to copy-paste log here if anything goes wrong.
- Follow instructions in the cmd window. Basically, script reboots tablet multiple times, you have to press enter when tablet is completely booted each time.
- Congratulation, your device is sde enabled and has a rooted sde firmware. Please read below for more information.

Upgrades:

If you already installed a first version and enabled sde already, here is how to install new rooted firmware:

- Optional: flash updated stock firmware. I always recommend to match stock firmware, it avoids dalvik-cache rebuilds and bootloaders may have been updated in new firmwares.
- Boot rooted firmware. You should be running rooted firmware if you want upgrade script to work. To be sure of that, you should see SuperUser app in your apps menu.
- Unzip files on your pc in adb.exe directory
- Launch upgrade.bat (or upgrade.sh for linux)
- Tablet reboots at the end to rooted firmware and should be upgraded to new version.

SDE information:

1) What is SDE?
SDE (Special Developer Edition) is basically a dual boot mechanism. It allows us to dual boot Archos stock firmware and our custom ones.

2) How does it work ?
I won't give much details on how to use it, I should do a separate topic about this one someday. Until then, here is some basic information:

- At the end of this script, you are booted with sde firmware, superuser should be in your start menu and you should be root with adb or any root app.
- If you reboot or boot, press volume up while booting, it will display the dual boot menu. Select "Developer Edition", it will start the rooted build (check here point 9 to see how it looks).
- If you missed volume key or don't do anything during reboot, you will go back to unrooted stock firmware. You have to press the volume up key during boot to get the boot menu.
- Warning: booting stock firmware is harmless except that you will loose your SuperUser.apk preferences. As it's not part of stock firmware, Android clears it.
- You can boot straight to rooted firmware by deleting the stock firmware kernel in recovery. Check here, do point 4,5, and on screen 6, select "Remove Android Kernel". Make sure that you have properly working SDE firmware before doing that. If you want to re-enable back stock firmware, just flash it from recovery again.

Downloads:

3.2.80 can be downloaded here: Mirror 1 (Mediafire), Mirror 2 (Sendspace).
3.2.81 can be downloaded here: Mirror 1 (SendSpace) (bat fixed)

Sorry, Mediafire no longer let me upload without signup, if you know one good upload location without registration and allowing more than 200 MB, let me know.

Last edited:

JimmyJoeJr

Mar 21, 2012
Registered just to say thank you!
Worked like a charm, and no problems using the shell script (I run Arch Linux)
Keep up the good work!

cajl

May 5, 2008
near PARIS (94)
jbmm.cajl.info
Great
http://www.jbmm.fr/?p=27601
SDE_70b-300x225.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: letama

ColinTaylor

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks letama, this is just what I wanted. Awsome work! :D:D:D

I think there is an error in upgrade.bat and enable_sde.bat for 3.2.81.

The line that reads:
adb push android_32.ext4.update /media/

should read:
adb push android_32.ext4.update /data/media/

Also, upgrade.bat is missing the line that says:
adb shell rm /data/local.prop

Keep up the good work and thanks again.

letama

Feb 13, 2008

The line that reads:

should read:

Ah! Right! Thanks for pointing it, I'll fix that and re-upload when I find time to do it.

Yes, this is normal, this one is only needed when enabling sde first time. local.prop is coming from temp root and won't be there anymore.

it's

Jun 10, 2011
I finally had time to try it out tonight, all seemed to be installed fine, but I don't see the Superuser in the apps list... I can boot into developers fw menu though. Did I miss something or should I just try to reinstall the SDE again by running that bat file again?

letama

Feb 13, 2008
No, as ColinTaylor said, there is a typo in script, you just need to push the ext4.update at root of storage.

Just type this command in the directory you unzipped the files:

Code:

then boot sde.

lozano.markp

Mar 10, 2012
Hello
As i have read your post about how to root 3.2.81, the instructions seems to confuse me, but what do you mean by adb? im sorry im kinda new at this ,please let me know thanks!

TJ5000

Apr 29, 2012
Brussels
hello, first of all thanks for your work.
I am having some problems with the upgrade file.

it says that it cannot stat 'zImage':no such file or directory

and secondly it cannot open the kernel file (no such file or directory) mkf lashimage failed.

could you please provide some help with this?

thanks!

letama

Feb 13, 2008
Hello
As i have read your post about how to root 3.2.81, the instructions seems to confuse me, but what do you mean by adb? im sorry im kinda new at this ,please let me know thanks!

adb is a developer tool from android sdk that let you execute commands on your tablet from your PC. You have to install android sdk to get it, you need to enable it on the tablet and have a proper driver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First:

Warning! This is only for A70B/A70IT2 Honeycomb model, It won't work on Froyo model!

Here is a package that enables unofficially SDE menu in recovery and install a rooted stock firmware with busybox and SuperUser.Apk

Pre-Requisite:

- Adb must be enabled on tablet and PC driver+adb command must be working. You can test on pc with "adb shell", it should give you a '$' prompt. If you don't have this, first make it work. There are multiple links around to help if needed.

Instructions:

- Unzip files on your pc in adb.exe directory.
    - Launch enable_sde.bat on your pc. It's better to do it in a cmd.exe window, you'll be able to copy-paste log here if anything goes wrong.
    - Follow instructions in the cmd window. Basically, script reboots tablet multiple times, you have to press enter when tablet is completely booted each time.
    - Congratulation, your device is sde enabled and has a rooted sde firmware. Please read below for more information.

Upgrades:

If you already installed a first version and enabled sde already, here is how to install new rooted firmware:

- Optional: flash updated stock firmware. I always recommend to match stock firmware, it avoids dalvik-cache rebuilds and bootloaders may have been updated in new firmwares.
    - Boot rooted firmware. You should be running rooted firmware if you want upgrade script to work. To be sure of that, you should see SuperUser app in your apps menu.
    - Unzip files on your pc in adb.exe directory
    - Launch upgrade.bat (or upgrade.sh for linux)
    - Tablet reboots at the end to rooted firmware and should be upgraded to new version.

SDE information:

1) What is SDE?
    SDE (Special Developer Edition) is basically a dual boot mechanism. It allows us to dual boot Archos stock firmware and our custom ones.

2) How does it work ?
    I won't give much details on how to use it, I should do a separate topic about this one someday. Until then, here is some basic information:

- At the end of this script, you are booted with sde firmware, superuser should be in your start menu and you should be root with adb or any root app.
    - If you reboot or boot, press volume up while booting, it will display the dual boot menu. Select "Developer Edition", it will start the rooted build (check here point 9 to see how it looks).
    - If you missed volume key or don't do anything during reboot, you will go back to unrooted stock firmware. You have to press the volume up key during boot to get the boot menu.
    - Warning: booting stock firmware is harmless except that you will loose your SuperUser.apk preferences. As it's not part of stock firmware, Android clears it.
    - You can boot straight to rooted firmware by deleting the stock firmware kernel in recovery. Check here, do point 4,5, and on screen 6, select "Remove Android Kernel". Make sure that you have properly working SDE firmware before doing that. If you want to re-enable back stock firmware, just flash it from recovery again.

Downloads:

3.2.80 can be downloaded here: Mirror 1 (Mediafire), Mirror 2 (Sendspace).
    3.2.81 can be downloaded here: Mirror 1 (SendSpace) (bat fixed)

Sorry, Mediafire no longer let me upload without signup, if you know one good upload location without registration and allowing more than 200 MB, let me know.
    Thanks letama, this is just what I wanted. Awsome work! :D:D:D

The line that reads:

should read:

Keep up the good work and thanks again.
    LeTama
    Have a beer or two on me, 84G89322WT2139701.
    Thanks again for your Rom.