Cyanogenmod 9 development for T989 resumes!

Search This thread

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Cyanogenmod development for T989 resumes!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/117962666888533781522/posts/XeuyNiwiUYG

CyanogenMod - 2:40 PM - Public
T989 Update

Treat him nicely! Nagging will only de-incentivize him to work on it. Just be content we haven't forgotten about the Tmo SGSII.
Brint Kriebel originally shared this post:
Since word seems to have spread: Regarding the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (T-989). Yes, I have one and yes, I will be trying to get a stable CM9 build running on it.

Fair warning that this can only be a spare time task for me right now and I have a lot of priority projects right now, so it likely won't be quick. If anyone out there would like to help, that is great - let me know. Otherwise, I will do what I can.

I will update on progress, but please continue to be patient. :)

jim93

Oct 18, 2011
a) you have to login to a google account for that link
b) there is code to actually make it into a link ,use the globe with link button
c)see a) is this the same post as the other cm9 thread

UNDFTD

Dec 2, 2011
For those that can't see it. It reads:

"Since word seems to have spread: Regarding the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (T-989). Yes, I have one and yes, I will be trying to get a stable CM9 build running on it.

Fair warning that this can only be a spare time task for me right now and I have a lot of priority projects right now, so it likely won't be quick. If anyone out there would like to help, that is great - let me know. Otherwise, I will do what I can.

I will update on progress, but please continue to be patient. :)"

jim93

Oct 18, 2011

"Since word seems to have spread: Regarding the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (T-989). Yes, I have one and yes, I will be trying to get a stable CM9 build running on it.

i see. it the same as the other thread that has more info. this should be merged into the other more useful thread

K

Killbynature

Here is the screenshot.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332369060694.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332369060694.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,850

avarize

Dec 30, 2011
Virginia
Was posted at about the same time. Was likely writing it as the other showed up :p

zander21510

Jan 10, 2012
Dallas
OnePlus 8
Sony Xperia 1 V
Well at least it isn't a useless post that doesn't confirm anything...saw this on my g+ a little while ago. Good to have confirmation I guess...but almost embarrassing that they had so many people pester them they had to release a special statement about the t989

Shameful...

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
So basically if you HAVE to have cm9 sell this phone now and save yourself the trouble. Too bad there is no other better phones for Tmobile to get.

AznDud333

Nov 24, 2011
basically..bekit is working on our phone
and we should stop spamming them about it..on one of the G+ cyanogenmod page ive seen more than 25% of posts are people asking why theres no cm9 on t989..and a bunch of kids cursing at the devs as well..

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
basically..bekit is working on our phone
and we should stop spamming them about it..on one of the G+ cyanogenmod page ive seen more than 25% of posts are people asking why theres no cm9 on t989..and a bunch of kids cursing at the devs as well..

I certainly don't approve of that type of behavior but on the other end I can understand why they are upset. We got the ****TIEST end of the galaxy s2 sick by a mile.

No reason to take it out on devs though.

Last edited:

jim93

Oct 18, 2011
I certainly don't approve of that type of behavior but on the other end I can understand why they are upset. We got the ****TIEST end of the galaxy s2 sick by a mile.

No reason to take it out on devs though.
I have to agree. A serious of unfortunate events has made it so that there has been no work done on our device until late March and even at that its in the backburner.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod development for T989 resumes!

CyanogenMod - 2:40 PM - Public
    T989 Update

Treat him nicely! Nagging will only de-incentivize him to work on it. Just be content we haven't forgotten about the Tmo SGSII.
    Brint Kriebel originally shared this post:
    Since word seems to have spread: Regarding the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (T-989). Yes, I have one and yes, I will be trying to get a stable CM9 build running on it.

I will update on progress, but please continue to be patient. :)
    because google + sucks and it will never catch on.

Agreed.

Well, you're on an Android forum, so why is it such a big deal to log in to your Google account? Assuming you have one. (I have no idea how you would use your phone without one though.)

because google + sucks and it will never catch on.