[UPG]Diamond CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Search This thread

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Couple of questions for you if you do not mind me asking:

Are you aware that CID/security/HSPL unlocking is "hack" over copyrighted, proprietary code by ODM and others? There are so many factors that we have to take into consideration... it is all grey area....

we can certainly copyright the code we wrote for the ondevice unlocker exe.

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
@OliPro

Will CID/Security Unlocking allow (as side effect) for running protected firmware on unporotected phones and wise versa, perhaps? AKA regional protection.

IIRC there is a radio version that does not do this regional protection, see people's reports on radio 1.00.25.05 (I haven't tried it but they say it works)

SecureGSM

Sep 27, 2006
Melbourne
www.securegsm.com
@OliPro

Noted. SecureGSM is not a community project. We do offer evaluation version free of charge though :) I am not saying that you are doing anything terribly wrong here. In fact I was not even reffering to your "solutions" in particular. There are better then this ways of utilising your talent/skills that would take care of your bills much quicker. Ask me how :)

@cmonex

1.00.25.05 - will allow for running "non-protected" frimware on "protected" handsets i.e. : WWE firmware on RUS or Indian phones.
1.0025.05 - will not allow for "protected" firmware on "non-protected" handsets i.e.: RUS firmware on HK manufactured phones.

my understanding is that CID or SecurityLevel check likely to be part of regional protection. Not tested but very likely CID/SecurityLevel unlocked handsets are imune to regional protection.

.. we can certainly copyright the code we wrote for the ondevice unlocker exe...

You certainly should do this!

Last edited:

JamDonot

Feb 25, 2007
Cheers

Just wanted to sau thanky you, donated for the unlocker, and I am now using an Orange branded HTC Touch Diamond on O2, thanks again.

diesel.1

Jul 24, 2008
Hi guys. Before I go ahead and purchase this, is there any specific Hard SPL I must have or will any do? Also after it has been unlocked can I remove Hard SPL, or will it still be needed to flash new roms without fear of bricking phone?

Thanks.

liamhere

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2007
Birmingham U.K
xdaforums.com

hochgattererjohann

Dec 5, 2007
Thanks to OLI for his unlocker - works great.
Also thanks to all people here in this forum, who provide new developement and problem solutions for donate or less money.

K.K.

Mar 13, 2006
CID unlocker?

for the more advanced users, who are interested in such stuff, soon we will also release a free CID and Security Unlocker (not SIM).

Hi

I am not experienced with all this and reading XDA forums gives me a headache. Too much mambo-jumbo. I'd love to see the explanations of what is all means (SPL? MFG? WTF?).

My goal is to install the latest official english ROM on my Diamond (it did not came English) so I think I need to unlock CID for that. Am I right? I do not want to install cooked ROMs, custom radios or screens (not now anyways). What minimum do I need to perform such action?

My understanding is, the CID unlocker is not currently available. Do you have any time frame in mind?

Also, I understand that I will loose all the pre-configured settings from my provider (Vodafone), like 3G, UMTS, voicemail number etc etc... Is there a way to back-up/restore all those provider-specific settings?

Thanks in advance
KK

Last edited:

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Hi

My understanding is, the CID unlocker is not currently available. Do you have any time frame in mind?

practical CID unlocker = HardSPL (this makes the device not care about CID, but the true original CID is unchanged)

also the SIM Unlocker has both the options for CID and security unlock - we just need to get around to repackage the stuff for a totally free CID/Sec-only unlock for those who don't need SIM unlock. :)
(in this package the CID is totally changed to true supercid, which is only really useful for the geeks though.)

so don't worry about all that. just two simple things you want to know.
- 1) you want HardSPL. lets you flash either official or custom roms too.
- 2) if you need sim unlock you also want the SIM Unlocker. this includes HardSPL so you do not need to worry about point 1)
the rest is for geeks :p

mmthabet

Jul 25, 2008
Following Simunlock can i install any radio verssion??

Hi

According to what i've heard from a friend, this involves a patched radio version,,, following that install and simunlock, will i be able to go for any other version of Radio?? and will that affect my status being simunlocked??

Thanks guys

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
Hi

According to what i've heard from a friend, this involves a patched radio version,,, following that install and simunlock, will i be able to go for any other version of Radio?? and will that affect my status being simunlocked??

Thanks guys

no, it'd be pretty **** if you were restricted like that.

so yes, you can do anything you like and it will remain sim unlocked (well, aside from smashing it to pieces of course)

mmthabet

Jul 25, 2008
:D
LOL going on with silly stuff, can i relock the phone and relock security once unlocked?? sorry buddy for the hassle

no, it'd be pretty **** if you were restricted like that.

so yes, you can do anything you like and it will remain sim unlocked (well, aside from smashing it to pieces of course)

Chocolicious

Jun 28, 2007
Stamford, CT
This is what I am talking about, I have an expensive device so I prefer to await a proven, respected solution than risk it so as always thanks guys.

sumitescp

Jul 17, 2007
Leicester
thanks olipro for the unlock. It worked perfectly with hard spl 1.40 on my orange uk diamond. I also security unlocked it. Basically if I need to return for any warranty purposes will I be able to lock it again anyhow? I am talking about locking security and sim lock. for now my device is perfect but still I wanted to know if it is possible or not. Once again, Thanks for this great great work.

ShadowIXI

Aug 8, 2008
A Little Trouble

Hi,

Firstly thanks a mill for the unlocker Olipro - worked like a charm. Now that its unlocked i would like to update it to the latest "legit" ROM (1.93.405.1 UK Version). I have downloaded this ROM and have tried running it however it stays at 0%. Am i using the wrong ROM or SPL? or do i need to carry out some other tasks before updating.

Thanks again in advance!

-Shadow

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
if you opted for the non-developer edition, all ROMs should be downloaded directly from the "Hard-SPL supported ROMs" thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Security Relocker

hey all, we (olinex) got many requests for a security relocker

so now, you can easily do it

steps:

1. make sure you have stock radio flashed already. (i.e. not the one that unlocker flashes)
    2. also make sure your radio is ON
    3. download attachment, extract, put it on your device, execute it
    4. it should say relock was OK, and then you're done. if it says error, then reboot, retry, and again make sure radio is turned on (check in comm manager).
    Updated unlock thread

Anyone having problems unlocking their Diamond, check out my UPDATED thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=749201