Trexcell Samsung Epic 4G Touch 3800mAh Extended Battery

Search This thread

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
Not sure why its draining so fast now? I did a total of 3 full discharges.

* Screen brightness is at around 65% running on CM9 Alpha2

Any ideas?

*Odd it just jumped back up to 89%

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-15-08-24-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-15-08-24-42.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_2012-04-15-08-24-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-15-08-24-52.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

morriru

Sep 3, 2010
So I bought the Trexcell batter from amazon as well, but if I want to buy another...is there any way to just get another battery without ordering another extended batter cover/back cover?

Ttrain721

Apr 2, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
what about total time? my phone was down to 58% yesterday then my wife used 4 hours of onscreen time and it was at 16% by the end of the night. Total time was only 16 hours on battery.

I've been on the battery for 14h 14m with 38% remaining, 2h 13m of onscreen time. I don't understand how people are getting 5-7 hrs of onscreen time with a stock battery.

Carbajal3009

Jan 8, 2012
Westminster
I've been on the battery for 14h 14m with 38% remaining, 2h 13m of onscreen time. I don't understand how people are getting 5-7 hrs of onscreen time with a stock battery.

I get about 19hrs with stock battery and about 4 and a half hours of on screen time. Seems like you guys got all bad extended batteries. My two extended each last me about 2 days

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Ttrain721

Apr 2, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I got 4 1/2 hrs of on screen time yesterday from 100-0%.

I fully discharge my battery and charge to . Calibrate it and it always says it recalibrated it x % but never a noticeable punt.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
I get about 19hrs with stock battery and about 4 and a half hours of on screen time. Seems like you guys got all bad extended batteries. My two extended each last me about 2 days

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I bet if I go back to a GB EL29 ROM I can get double the battery life I'm on CM9 :p

Jan 28, 2011
Hello all. We've just read through most of the pages sorry we don't regularly monitor this board. If anyone has an issues please contact is directly we would be glad to assist you.

On another note we now have the White cover available for those of you with the White Epic Touch. Right now we just have the glossy white cover and we will have a matte cover in another week. I'm not sure Amazon is going to sell the white version but it is up on Ebay.

Regarding a white TPU case it's something we'd like to do but have had some problems in testing. Unfortunately in our testing the oils in our hands have been turning our white cases yellow in about 3 weeks time so until we can figure that out we won't have a white TPU case available quite yet.

Reactions: caseyatbt

acrown

Oct 2, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The vender provided instructions state that for the first few days you must let the battery drain completely then plug the phone to the charger. The vender also states that the battery is Lithium-ion.

I found the following info online, Google "Condition your new cell phone's battery" and inform yourself >>>

"The only time you should ever intentionally fully discharge a Li-ion battery is if your phone is not properly reading the battery. In other words, if you go from 100% -> 90% in ten minutes but go from 90% -> 80% in one hour with the same amount of usage, that means your phone is not reading the battery output evenly. If this is the case, then fully discharging your battery once and then recharging it can fix the issue of your phone not reading the battery properly. Take note, however, this full discharge/recharge won't increase your battery life -- it will only ensure your phone reads the battery properly.

People often confuse Li-ion and NiCad batteries and try to condition Li-ion batteries by charging/discharging them 4-6 times. Trying to condition a Li-ion battery like it is a NiCad battery (i.e. charging/discharging the Li-ion battery 4-6 times) hurts the Li-ion battery more than helps it. So, be sure to condition your new cell phone's battery, but be sure to condition it properly. Otherwise, you may be doing more harm than good. If you are not sure what type of battery you have, read the labels on the battery - they will always say whether the battery is Lithium-ion or Nickel-cadmium."

so should we, or not, Try to condition this battery? if so, it leads me to believe this battery is "not" truly a Lithium-ion Battery. If it is a Lithium-ion Battery, why does the VENDER provided instructions state charging/discharging them 4-6 times?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pic attached

sent from my Epic Touch 4g
    Just got this. Gives me a full day in peace on 3g.

been 1 day so far will update more after a week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trexcell-Sa...ended-Battery-Cover-Sprint-Only-/270856453222
    I have this battery, have for about 6 months now. At first it was great, a little over 2 days battery life with almost 18 hours screen time. Now, I get about 12 hours on a full charge, and once it drops below 40% it drains about 6% an hour. The short life of the battery is rather disappointing, but for the price it has been ok. I will be going with a QCELL for my next one though.

QCell is amazing quality, that's for sure. Check out the latest posts in the QCell thread. A member from here on xda posted how his QCell is performing a year after purchase. You'll be pretty impressed cause I sure was, seeing how well it held up.
    Think this is truly 4100 mah or bigger then the 3800 that this thread talks about
    Well I ordered it ill let you guys know how it works next week when I receive it
    Anyon one know if there's a smaller better then 3800?lol I don't want such a great hump on the back of my phone.. 2500-3000would be like perfect<3 lol.. I mean, I do bmx and paintball, and I have a feeling that the phone being that thick, in some tighter jeans, would really be annoying in noticeable.. Anyone else feel it? Or is it not that bad? May go buy one of these.

With the tpu case on with the battery its pretty much the same thickness as my old Samsung moment. I also like it as I can put my pointed and pinky finger around it to grip the phone better.