Search This thread

mushipkw

Jul 25, 2006
Pilkhuwa
www.wmskins.com
hComber is a program to change Icons of start menu icons for WM 6.5

screen003617.png
screen008613.png

Now u can change the icons inside the folders as well.

Thanks a lot to Twolf for the icon

Feedbacks and Donations are my inspiration.

Attachments

• HComber(Alpha).zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 4,315
Last edited:

littld

May 18, 2005
Great idea. Would be good to be able to change the order of entries as well.

radospol

Nov 25, 2008
Gratulation, work fine on HD. but also create a new folder in start menu. There already is an original icon.In new folder does not give the new icon.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 7,695
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 5,134

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
Looks great, will try it, thank you.

Your probably not taking request for now, but here are a few future ideas.... :D

- Icon themes. ^_^
- Change icons order: Changes the values from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\*\Rank
- Save/load icons order: Backups the full regkey from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\StartInfo
- Change the icon's size: Changes the StartMenu_GridScene_***x***.cpr XML or overwrites the Windows .CPR pre-stored in the app's folder.
- Change the star menu columns number: The same as above.

:)

Last edited:

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
My contribution:
octodos.png
screen01mke.png

Only did 29 icons, wont do the hundreds of others for other softwares, hehehe, sorry about that.
Included a 200x200 px and 45x45 px pngs, also the original FLA where I made them, it opens with flash CS3.
Enjoy. :)

Congrats again on this great software, if you need a Icon for it, let me know.

Attachments

• icons.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 30,465
Reactions: elmoxdaII

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
That's creepy, I had just started work on a very similar application last night, but fortunately you've approached it differently than I have, so I doubt our projects will clash.

Hope you don't mind, but I might 'borrow' some of the suggestions you've got for start menu ordering. Themes could be done by simply saving the values in all of the registry entries in a simple XML file. (Remember nested folders, which it doesn't look like HComber can handle right now)

Might take me a couple of days to complete mine, it's not even got a real name yet...

Out of interest, which language have you written HComber in?

gert_beekman

Jul 30, 2007
Very nice found!
Works pretty nice for a alpha release...

Twols: Awesome Icons! Hope you'll make some more for all the usual WM6.5 stuff

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
awesome stuff mushi. no more flashing roms just to get the pretty icons:D thanks for icons too twolf! and is it just me, but when icons are put into folders, say i move album into multimedia, i loose the actual icon. it reverts to the old style icon. not necessarily related to the app. i think just 6.5 in general. although, if i copy the icon back into the folder from start menu, it will get the new style icon to display. just weird i thought:)

Last edited:

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
sharing mine. I chose to make specific folders for everything and I themed the folders. thanks for the great tool!! I attached the icons i used if anyone wants them.

modded start menu.png

PREMOLIKES

Mar 23, 2009
Imphal
@Mallman

Looks awesome.Your rectangular stuff its cool, Iam tired of white oval for selected icons. Plz explain from basics.

Last edited:

Howell

Jul 19, 2004
Sony Xperia Z
Nexus 7 (2013)
Your probably not taking request for now, but here are a few future ideas.... :D
- Change icons order: Changes the values from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\*\Rank

- Change the icon's size: Changes the StartMenu_GridScene_***x***.cpr XML or overwrites the Windows .CPR pre-stored in the app's folder.
- Change the star menu columns number: The same as above.

+1 for all of these suggestions ;)

mushipkw

Jul 25, 2006
Pilkhuwa
www.wmskins.com
Ok guys here's a preview.

screen008613.png

Now u can change the icons inside the folders as well.

Im still working on it. I'll finish it asap.

Twolf has even designed the icon.

Thanks a lot Twolf.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gratulation, work fine on HD.
    My contribution:
    octodos.png
    screen01mke.png

Only did 29 icons, wont do the hundreds of others for other softwares, hehehe, sorry about that.
    Included a 200x200 px and 45x45 px pngs, also the original FLA where I made them, it opens with flash CS3.
    Enjoy. :)

Congrats again on this great software, if you need a Icon for it, let me know.