Unofficial CM10.1 for Dell Streak 7

Search This thread

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
This thread is for the development progress of the Dell Streak 7 running Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1 using Cyanogenmod 10.1 as the basis.
It is now being moved up a version, from Alpha 1.0 to Beta 1

This reverts us to the ICS-B4 partition layout. The reason being is that Dell decieded to be different and it causes problems with the sdcard fuse daemon. But switching to this layout, it allowed the sdcard daemon to work correctly and give us more space.

Developers:
DerArtem - CM10.1 Port
giveen - CM10 (10.1) Port / Kernel Updates
geramy - Various Tweaks and help with getting sound on CM10 working
DJ_Steve - Original Developer and teacher

Cyanogenmod team - for making the port actually pretty easy
geramy - for all your incredible help getting sound going.
snargledorf - basically rebuilding CM9 for the Dell Streak 7 , to which I was able to base my work off of.
DJ_Steve - for teaching me and all the tips and putting up with my annoying questions
My wife - giving me grace and putting up with the hours I put into this
(oops forgot a couple people)
_motley - for clues onto framebuffers and overlays failing, without him it would have never booted
Borkata - for help with wifi and other little hints.
pengus77 - for helping me fix wifi on CM10.1 (and invertly new changes on CM10 had the same problem)

Run the appropriate flashing .bat, start the device up all the way to the lockscreen.
Reboot to Recovery, go to Mount > Use Internal Storage > Install > your_Android_4.2.2_gapps.zip (go download the gapps for Android 4.2.2)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://goo.im/devs/giveen

Beta 2.1:
Updated kernel 2.6.36.3 -> 2.6.36.4
TWRP 2.4.4 -> 2.5
Updated Source

Beta 2
Working:
GPS
Bluetooth
+previous

Beta 1
Working:
Boots!!!
Touchscreen
Hapatic feedback
External SD
Internal Storage
Power button
Brightness
Root
Capacitive buttons
WIFI
MTP
Sound
Sensors

Not Working:
camera (what do you think I am...a miracle worker?)
External Microphone

What else doesn't work...I"m still checking it all out.

Last edited:

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
RESEARVED

5aj0k4.jpg

14tlkqu.jpg

14bazs.jpg

zbv2q.jpg

2e1bqy8.jpg

1zhpb8.jpg

Last edited:

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Recognized Donators:
azrael :)
Mohamad R. :)
Robert Trier :)
Bradley F. :)
Arnaud B. :)
William T. :)
Daniel P :)
Andreas R. :)
Ahmad L. :)
Frank B :)
Michael M :)
Charles K :)
Rodney V:)
Quian J :)
Robert D :)
kf0sr :)
mouse@home :)
ricsne :)

Recommended tweaks:
Settings > Developer Options > Force GPU rendering
Settings > Developer Options > Disable HW overlays
Settings > Performance > Processor > onDemand governor
Settings > Performance > Memory Mangement > zRAM > 26%
Settings > Performance > Memory Mangement > Allow Purging of assets

GPS Improvement:
http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=DellStreakFAQ:GPS-FIX

Last edited:

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
The first boot doesn't get the lock screen not even the setup then into TWRP, I had the wrong Gapps package and it didn't like it. Google's Gapps site was bonkers and couldn't download anything but found a file with my Nexus 10 stuff which worked. Now it's redownloading all my Nexus 10 apps on my DS7. Ah! The joys of owning more than one Android device. :)

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
The first boot doesn't get the lock screen not even the setup then into TWRP, I had the wrong Gapps package and it didn't like it. Google's Gapps site was bonkers and couldn't download anything but found a file with my Nexus 10 stuff which worked. Now it's redownloading all my Nexus 10 apps on my DS7. Ah! The joys of owning more than one Android device. :)

Did you read my instructions :)

Flash, boot all the way up, THEN reboot and flash gapps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Did you read my instructions :)

Flash, boot all the way up, THEN reboot and flash gapps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Well this is what you say:

Run the appropriate flashing .exe or .sh, start the device up all the way to the lockscreen.
Reboot to Recovery, go to Mount > Use Internal Storage > Install > your_Android_4.2.1_gapps.zip (go download the gapps for Android 4.2.1)

Well, start the device the first time, I didn't get a lock screen, not sure what it was but not a lock sreen for sure. Do you really mean more than what you've stated? IIRC, I never get the lock screen on the first boot up but it's been some time though.

Keyboard input in ES File Explorer is real flakey, it closes after one keypress.

Last edited:
Reactions: xristos11

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I'm charging my streak to prepare for the flash

I'm going to give an inverted gapps package a go and will report back on its success.

JusTun Bean aroma installer version 6.2(for 4.2.1)

Has worked well on my GNex and og Evo running variants of cm10.1

Giveen,
I do think it would be wise to post a direct link to a confirmed working gapps package that you suggest. That way you limit bug reports to a standardized install.

Cuts down on peeps like me who try to throw a wrench into a working machine and then report issues brought on by themselves :D:p:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
flashed without a hitch, love to see that CM boot animation!

I did not go directly to the initial lockscreen, device started at home screen with the featured highlights of the launcher. i simply hit the power button to switch the screen off and then back on to see the lockscreen

i did attempt to use power button, reboot, recovery.... just rebooted system and back into CM.

I do not have an external SD card for the time being(micro card adapter is stuck in locked mode) si needed to copy a plethora of 4.2.1 mods to test out right to the internal storage. Including regular gapps, inverted gapps package, a "darker mod" which modifies the system framework to have backround be black instead of the typical gray you see (setting backround as an example) I've also got a 4 zip audio mod that adds some libs and stuff, works great on my Gnex... hopefull will do just fine here

just wanted to point out that MTP is not enabled by default. you need to open settings, storage, click on the 3 button menue icon, goto usb computer options, then select MTP in order for the computer to see the device and storage.

just finished copying files over, going to go back at this recovery stuff..... wish me luck!
(i will do one mod at a time to determine what's working and not, elliminate errors)

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

also wanted to point out
new to 4.2.1 is hidden "developer options" in settings

click "About Tablet" at the bottom of settings, then click repeatedly on the build number, i think it takes like 7 clicks? and you get a toeast telling you how many are left when you are close

this will unlock developer settings and performance settings in the main settings screen
that way you can enable usb debugging, screen stay awake, hold back button to kill..... change the transition speeds, all that jazz!

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

was able to power off device, volume+ and power to get to recovery options, selected update from update package, TWRP!

also notice you've got v2.4.1.0 going, most upto date
well played sir!

off to the gapps

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
<3

Yeah, I was actually done fixing wifi this morning, but recovery had to be fixed. Our old recovery.fstab didn't match up things, and then I was having a problem getting gapps to flash. Turned out I had to add more space in system partition and tell Android that it was there.

Hm...there may be a SoD bug.

Last edited:

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Dos this include the new kernel that DerArtem was working on?

DerArtem wasn't really working on the kernel yet. We were able to get all this done with very few kernel modifications.

Its still up to him if he is going to do a kernel port. I do know that right now he is really busy with work and will be traveling soon.

Reactions: matury

daniel3334

Mar 11, 2011
i can see and connect to my router, but it keeps having no internet. any solutions? and im using my wifi with laptop so i know i do have a live connection. lol

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
i tried the JusTun Bean inverted gapps package, seems to have worked just fine similar to how its worked on my other devices. I was letting play store restore my apps, but it was bogging down the system and fairly tedius, so i stopped that, copied over my TiTanium Backup folder from my Gnex and am restoring about 90 apps(app only, no data) and it's moving slow but steady. i'm letting it sit on the dock with stay awake so that it's holding good battery and plugging away at the restores.

i did try the audio mods i had that say they are for any 4.2.1 build, but they failed during install(error 7) maybe it had something to do with system already being mounted while i tried? will give it a go later on once i've gotten a good base with all my apps loaded and can make a twrp backup and then will mess with things from there

aside from some serious lag(granted, ive been running the thing hard!) it's damn good to see CM10.1 on the Streak!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for the development progress of the Dell Streak 7 running Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1 using Cyanogenmod 10.1 as the basis.
    It is now being moved up a version, from Alpha 1.0 to Beta 1

This reverts us to the ICS-B4 partition layout. The reason being is that Dell decieded to be different and it causes problems with the sdcard fuse daemon. But switching to this layout, it allowed the sdcard daemon to work correctly and give us more space.

Developers:
    DerArtem - CM10.1 Port
    giveen - CM10 (10.1) Port / Kernel Updates
    geramy - Various Tweaks and help with getting sound on CM10 working
    DJ_Steve - Original Developer and teacher

Cyanogenmod team - for making the port actually pretty easy
    geramy - for all your incredible help getting sound going.
    snargledorf - basically rebuilding CM9 for the Dell Streak 7 , to which I was able to base my work off of.
    DJ_Steve - for teaching me and all the tips and putting up with my annoying questions
    My wife - giving me grace and putting up with the hours I put into this
    (oops forgot a couple people)
    _motley - for clues onto framebuffers and overlays failing, without him it would have never booted
    Borkata - for help with wifi and other little hints.
    pengus77 - for helping me fix wifi on CM10.1 (and invertly new changes on CM10 had the same problem)

Run the appropriate flashing .bat, start the device up all the way to the lockscreen.
    Reboot to Recovery, go to Mount > Use Internal Storage > Install > your_Android_4.2.2_gapps.zip (go download the gapps for Android 4.2.2)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    http://goo.im/devs/giveen

Beta 2.1:
    Updated kernel 2.6.36.3 -> 2.6.36.4
    TWRP 2.4.4 -> 2.5
    Updated Source

Beta 2
    Working:
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    +previous

Beta 1
    Working:
    Boots!!!
    Touchscreen
    Hapatic feedback
    External SD
    Internal Storage
    Power button
    Brightness
    Root
    Capacitive buttons
    WIFI
    MTP
    Sound
    Sensors

Not Working:
    camera (what do you think I am...a miracle worker?)
    External Microphone

What else doesn't work...I"m still checking it all out.
    So just a little update:
    Motherboard will be back tomorrow, will put in that night. I am going to backup all my data and reinstall my Windows and Ubuntu 12.04. I want some fresh start as Ubuntu has been giving me some hiccups.

First step is to update code, build a copy and test the Univeral ADB driver and also update TWRP.

Since I've done Goo.IM as our host, I've had 1591 downloads :) Very happy to see that number.
    Nearly half a year and this thread is not dead, Im amazed! :) Giveen gives everyone hope. Thanks you Giveen!

Motherboard arrives this week, and I'll be getting back to work on this. Next release I am plan on putting in the tablet UI.