[Q] ~4gigs missing from available space?

Search This thread

Nyshan

May 5, 2014
I know what you're going to say, and before you say it, look at this (imgur . com/4tFTFBB) and tell me what I'm doing wrong because I sure as hell don't have any idea.

P.S. if Android has a ~4 gig partition on available space I'm going to look real stupid.

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
Do you use CWM? The backups for that don't show but but obviously use a lot of data. If not then this is an error, you can fix with factory reset.

Nyshan

May 5, 2014
If CWM was a part of TWRM then I installed it. I never explicitly installed anything by that name though.

Edit: About a year ago I had installed all the stuff I needed to root the phone but after much tinker I finally soft-bricked it and had to do a factory reset. At that time I had TWRP installed so I could flash Roms and whatnot, I noticed ~4gigs was missing after I installed Xcom:EU but I've looked for any file pertaining to xcom to no avail. I updated the OS, at the time, in an attempt to get Android to somehow recognize the missing space, but again, no dice.

P.S. I'm sorry I didn't add this information earlier.

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
If you have a 16 gb device you'll end up with about 12 gb of usable space. The other 4 is used by android for it's partitions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using XDA Free mobile app

Nyshan

May 5, 2014
So, moral of the story, I'm still missing ~4 gigs which is completely unaccounted for and doesn't come back even after a factory reset.

Nyshan

May 5, 2014
Yeah, apparently Android uses a full 4gigs for it's OS. I remember having more room on my device a year ago but I guess I'm just making pointless posts.

Sorry guys, case dismissed.