[ROM] [BETA] [ANDROID 7] PrimeOS: Android for Laptops/PCs - V0.6.1

Search This thread

lazezo

Jul 4, 2020
thanks for great project
installed successfully in my laptop using grub method, touch pad mouse work but USB mouse doesn't work
using "getevent' i can find optical USB=mouse0 and touch pad=mouse1 but touche pad only active
how can i enable USB mouse?
how can i enable double touche instead of touch pad button?
how can i switch between two key board language?
i can connect to internet using USB modem with help of ppp 2 app widget and i can browse internet by YouTube or google chrome or google play etc, but google play can't install app and keep say no internet network!! , how can i solve that?
any help will be appreciated
thanks
//by the way, if i enter wrong WiFi pass, prime OS reboot immediately!!

Last edited:

lazezo

Jul 4, 2020
i can enable USB mouse thanks to app name USB diagnostic, but i have to do the repair at every start of sys!!
any one know how to permanent enable USB mouse?
key mapping of Dr drive 2
if i set fuel=up button and brake=down button and use the mouse with the wheel without any mapping cause a problem
mouse can turn wheel but also will de active the fuel button (up) and i have to release the button then press again!!
any idea how to fix that?

apna.suresh0305

May 12, 2012
I have the same wifi it work for me tho

I got the below link for drivers installation procedure for my laptop driver Realtek-8821CE, but all those are linux commands which I cant install in Prime OS. Any thoughts how I can install these drivers for my laptop?

https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new/tree/rtw88

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

WiFi still doesn't work for me, it just won't connect to my WiFi router.
WiFi Adaptor Model: RTL8723BE
Laptop Model: HP AY503TX
I agree that my WiFi adaptor has issues in all Linux distros, but at least the WiFi gets connected to the router with less range.
But in PrimeOS, it doesn't connect at all. It gets stuck at "Obtaining IP Address..." and then shows "IP Configuration Failure"
Even USB Tethering from my phone to my laptop with PrimeOS isn't detected in PrimeOS so in short I'm not able to use the Internet at all

I had also sent a feedback to you from the prime os feedback app

You can find updated drivers for realtek WiFi adapters for Linux here: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new

I hope you will include these new drivers in next release :) I'm too eager to try PUBG and other apps on PrimeOS mainly because its from Indian developers and the UI looks promising!

Also, a major bug: my screen resolution is 1920*1080
But PrimeOS gives only 1280*720 resolution

Thanks

I got the below link for drivers installation procedure for my laptop driver Realtek-8821CE, but all those are linux commands which I cant install in Prime OS. Any thoughts how I can install these drivers for my laptop?

Shripal17

Jan 6, 2014
Mumbai

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

You will have to build the kernel for PrimeOS yourself with these drivers, ask the PrimeOS team if they can help you

pharoah1974

Feb 23, 2013
Hurdle Mills, NC
Hi. I recently posted about getting PrimeOS Classic 0.4.5 installed on my older HP Pavilion 15-f2133wm and it works great. I just bought a new HP Pavilion x360 14-dh2051wm and cannot get any iteration of PrimeOS 0.4.5 to even let me run it in Live Mode. I tried it with the ISO's / Rufus. I tried the installers. Every time I have had Secure Boot turned off. My PC does not have legacy mode. It's UEFI only. I tried installing it with the exact same PrimeOS Classic 0.4.5 live usb that I used on the old laptop, though it was in Legacy mode on the older one. Many times I even disabled the TPM, turned off virtualization and cleared the security keys. Nothing works. I get a couple of errors after installation. They are:

"error: variable 'root' isn't set."
"error: you need to load the kernel first."
"Press any key to continue."

Any ideas???

My PC: HP Pavilion x360 14-dh2051wm
CPU: Intel Core i5 10th Generation
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics

WhiskerX

Jul 8, 2020
Hey guys, really love the OS UI, but as stated about Audio Bug, I just can't play any audio with System Volume, unless paired with Bluetooth, also I tried it with Mainline, Standard and Beast Mode. Hope to get Fix for it soon
Incase you can provide with any replacement file or something, that'd do as well. Kinda learnt all the programming and coding regarding this

panRajce

Dec 1, 2010
Usti nad Orlici
Hi,
I'm trying to run on my PC (Asus P8P67, Intel i5-2500K processor (2011), 16 GB RAM, nVidia 980 GPU, Logitech USB keyboard + Logitech mouse, non-touch monitor DELL 2209WA 1680x1050px) some Android distributions for the desktop. From the currently offered (Android-x86, Bliss, Phoenix, ...) your Prime OS will come to me the best user-designed. Great job guys (or even girls).
I want to use it to play games like LifeAfter. Unfortunately, I came across a problem in the graphics - blinking or black polygons, disappearing objects, missing textures. Can anyone advise me what I can do to prevent these graphics errors from appearing on my PC?
From the above, I am L.A. tested for example on Bliss-v11.9--OFFICIAL-20190525-2025_x86_64_k-k4.9.153_m-18.3.5-pie-x86-llvm80_f-dev-kernel.org where the game runs graphically perfectly, but Bliss does not have its own solution keymapping and Octopus is broken.

Reactions: s4goa

RuggedTabletDude

Jul 11, 2020
Installed latest version and its running great so far. However my Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Tablet the following don't seem to work at all.
The following things dont work:
-Screen Rotation
-Cameras (Front and Back)
-Unable to wake from Sleep

System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300U
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Intel

Last edited:

rickyb16

Feb 23, 2016
i just install prime os in my desktop. can someone help me so that i can use my wifi usb adapter and access internet in primeos.

Last edited:

davide.duca

Jul 12, 2020
PrimeOS classic 2 problems

Hi I need a help for to resolve N.2 problemson my system is Asus EEEBOX EB1501:

1) the hdmi audio don't work;
2) I want th change the default launcher with "ATV Launcher" from Play Store

In the settings is possible to select the default launcher, but is not possible to validate the change.

Thanks

kng_santosh069

hey I'm getting this glitch while installing prime os.
I've tried mainline and standard both versions but still same glitch.
pc specs-
hp elitebook 840 g2
8gb ram (4x2)
500gb hdd
i5 5300u CPU & IGPU(hd graphics 5500)

in live mode the script loading screen glitches and then prime os boots (i guess it loads some driver or something)
please tell me how can i fit this.

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_054726.jpg
    IMG_20200713_054726.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 99

chaoticjacket

Sep 20, 2009
Why the hell did you quote whole op
Please delete this asap
Moderator please help
These people are wasting space on forum

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

What are the specs of your system

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Specs please

im also unable to boot ryzen 5 3600x
after the installation and reboot the Computer sits at the terminal like window... with
PrimeOS X86_64:/ #

Feb 28, 2020
Not working. Windows 10 Home 64-bit Uefi

Thanks for the wonderful os.
I encountered a problem, please help.
The installer says device raised external error please install manually.
I have never installed dual boot or done any modification to system.
I made a seperate drive for primeos too.
Now when I boot with my pendrive with rufus.
It goes in Grub menu and when i select primeos.
It displays some no kernel loaded, no root, no something error in lines then comes back to grub menu.
I then select windows option to come back here.
Please help.

Scramble

Jan 20, 2005
Southampton
I have PrimeOS Mainline 0.45 and using a wireless logitech keyboard/trackpad combo. On other standard android systems, even androidX86, the right mouse button behavior acts as a back button. On PrimeOS it seems to act as a left mouse button. I can use the escape key or click the onscreen back icon but I am very used to using the right mouse button for this.
Is there a way to get PrimeOS to use the right mouse button as it was originally intended?

panRajce

Dec 1, 2010
Usti nad Orlici
I have PrimeOS Mainline 0.45 and using a wireless logitech keyboard/trackpad combo. On other standard android systems, even androidX86, the right mouse button behavior acts as a back button. On PrimeOS it seems to act as a left mouse button. I can use the escape key or click the onscreen back icon but I am very used to using the right mouse button for this.
Is there a way to get PrimeOS to use the right mouse button as it was originally intended?
I don't know the answer, but I like your idea.
I'm afraid the development of PrimeOS is stopped, but maybe someone would be able to implement it via SupremeGamers GearLock.

codename252

Jul 18, 2020
Asphalt 9 Issue

This is a nice OS, I have able to play few games. But Asphalt 9 did not work for me. The game crash every time at the time of loading screen.
Any one able to play this game please help me. Thanks in advance.

Loading Screen Where Game Crashed:
oie-181332530-Fx-Bb-YA.png

xlegitimate

Mar 8, 2011
NY
Can anyone help me? I'm using my Dell Inspiron 11 3000 and I jokingly added a pass code but now I can't get back into the OS. I have it dual boot with windows 10. Is there anyway I can do a reset without losing neither PrimeOS or windows 10? I'm away from home for work and I do not have my USB installation drive. Any help on how to get back into PrimeOS would be greatly appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PrimeOS.png

Blog-header.png

Team PrimeOS is pleased to present you

PrimeOS: Android For Laptop/PCs

www.primeos.in

PrimeOS is an Android-x86 based OS that provides a desktop experience on any x86 based device providing user top-of-the-line features like multi-window, taskbar, and deca-pro key mapper for gamers.

Warning: PrimeOS is a free-to-use software in its beta version and is constantly under development. We are not responsible for any kind of damage, data loss, or anything else that happens to you or your device due to PrimeOS. Please feel free to report bugs and other suggestions, we will consider them if they seem important for many users.

Feature Highlights

Desktop Experience
    • Multiple features to give a desktop experience like start menu, taskbar, etc.
    • Multi-window support with maximize, minimize, close, resize, etc.
    • Option to disable multi-window for any app in case you need.
    • General keyboard shortcuts like alt + tab, alt + f4, win + d etc.
    • Close to AOSP experience with only necessary desktop features.
    • Taskbar with the ability to pin apps, show notifications, and system icons.
    Android Gaming
    • Decapro key mapping tool to play games with keyboard and mouse (Press F10).
    • Pre mapped some popular games like PUBG, Freefire, Subway surf, etc.
    • PrimeOS Gaming Centre is available to browse recommended games.
    Others
    • Opengapps included, no need to install them manually.
    • Feedback app is available for you guys to share your thoughts.
    • OTA support is available in settings -> about the device
    • Up-streamed kernel to Linux 4.19.x / 4.14.x./ 4.9.x

Installation-2.png

Note: Use PrimeOS installer exe program for installing in windows systems. The download link is below. For non-windows systems, you can download our iso image and follow the steps below to install PrimeOS.

USB stick / Flash Drive guide:
    1. For this method, you need the Etcher / Rufus, PrimeOS iso file. We recommend you use a decent-speed USB drive (8GB or larger).
    2. For flashing PrimeOS to the USB drive, plug in your USB drive and launch Etcher / Rufus. Now select the PrimeOS iso file, create the bootable USB.
    3. Note: Be careful with the steps below and backup your data if you're not sure about what you are doing.
    4. For installing PrimeOS on your HDD/SSD/SDcard, first, create a new partition for PrimeOS ( suggested minimum size is 16GB ).
    5. Turn off the secure boot of your device and then boot up the PrimeOS USB by pressing Esc or F12, depending on your bios menu key, and selecting the PrimeOS USB to boot from.
    6. Select the ‘Install PrimeOS option from the GRUB menu.
    7. The installer will load, and you will have an option to choose which partition you created earlier. Choose it, and select Ext4 for formatting the drive.
    8. When it asks if you want to install Grub, select YES.
    9. When finished, the installer will then ask if you want to run PrimeOS, you can just reboot here, and make sure you remove the USB drive.

Do you already have PrimeOS and want to update manually? Read post #2851

Known Bugs:
    • Hardware specific bugs like the trackpad, sound, wifi may come on few devices
    • Please share bugs or suggestions if you have any, we will try to fix them
    Credits.png

This wouldn't have been possible without the Android-x86 project, please thank them before us.
    Kernel source: GitHub

Other information:
    Base android version - Nougat 7.1.2

BKQZ83P.png

Please read this post before deciding if you have to install mainline, standard or classic.

Please do not mirror without permission.

Consider donating to us to keep this awesome project up and running.

ko-fi-button.png

Get Support

telegram-logo-944.png
    Changelog, Bug reporting, Feature requests and Screenshots

Feature requests and Bug reports : Please make sure you specify your hardware specification like device model, cpu, ram, gpu etc. when reporting any problems, and for feature suggestions, please explain the reason why you need a particular feature.

PrimeOS changelog : google doc

Screenshots : taken from PrimeOS 0.4.0 BETA attached below.

Thing we are doing for future updates :
    • Reusable keys in decapro keymapping, one key at multiple places (available since 0.4.0)
    • Better gamepad support in decapro keymapping
    • Better use of right click and keyboard shortcuts everywhere (ongoing)
    • Simulation of zoom in and zoom out gesture using ctrl + mouse wheel (available since 0.4.5)
    • Better installer with legacy support(available since 0.3.5)
    • More hardware (wifi, trackpad etc.) support
    • More stability and features
    Important announcement (Updated on Feb 16 2019)

Hello everyone, we will soon release PrimeOS 0.4.3, as you all know, we normally release both 32 bit and 64 bit variants, but starting from PrimeOS 0.4.3, this has changed, we will now have three variants depending on hardware, please read below very carefully and decide which one suits you best.

Note - We are not releasing OTA for 0.4.3 since we want every user to install the correct variant for their hardware.

1. PrimeOS Mainline 64 bit (for newest systems 2014+) -
      Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2014, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 5th gen or above OR Intel celeron N4000 OR AMD A8 7410 etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for both Intel and AMD GPUs, however, if you use a desktop and have a Nvidia GPU, you should not use this variant as it will cause lockups and will lead to freezes, but if you have a laptop, your Intel gpu will work well instead of Nvidia. In case you get any graphic glitches on this variant, you should switch to PrimeOS Standard.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.19 kernel and 18.1.0 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    2. PrimeOS Standard 64 bit (for newer systems 2011+) -
      Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2011, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 2nd gen or above OR Intel celeron N3350 OR AMD A8 5550M etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for Older Intel, AMD, Nvidia GPUs.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    3. PrimeOS Classic 32 bit (for older systems) -
      Use this variant if you have a cpu which was manufactured before year 2011, For example ->[ Intel Core i series 1st gen or below OR Intel Pentium dual core OR Intel Pentium G620 OR AMD Phenom II X6 1100T etc. ] Just enter your cpu model on google and you can find this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for all Old Intel, Old AMD and Old Nvidia GPUs. This version will also work on 32-bit systems, In case you cannot boot this variant of PrimeOS, you should try using PrimeOS standard or mainline.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    Pubg Blackscreen Fix on some devices:

Starting from v0.3.0 everything is automatically done.

Old method for v0.2.2 or older

• Go to Settings > PrimeSettings
    • Go to GPUTools
    • Select PubgMobile from apps list (make sure it is already installed)
    • Select Pubg Blackscreen fix from the option
      Screenshot_20181119-155502.jpg
    • Enjoy playing PubgMobile on PrimeOS

Make any app open fullscreen by default
    • Go to Settings > PrimeSettings
    • Go to MultiWindow
    • Uncheck the app for which you want to disable the multiwindow.
    • Enjoy the app in fullscreen
    Hey guys,

Thank you all for giving us the support and love. Upon a lot of requests we are thinking about releasing an official 32 bit image.
    Also there will be a new experimental build which will be coming with latest cutting edge linux mainline kernels i.e. it will be having the latest up to date device drivers.
    The experimental build will not be inline with the current stable-BETA releases but will follow a different release pattern.

It will be coming with the following differences:

• Latest PrimeOS system patches
    • Latest mainline kernel
    • Any new experimental PrimeOS system features

This will also help us making the OS stable in a faster and efficient manner.
    Stay tuned
    GuneetAtwal