AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
I recently 'upgraded' to the 5.99 plan and so far it works fine for

Yahoo Go
P I E
Weather Updates

pretty much everything.......

except Opera Mini...its off and on with Opera Mini...anyone know why?

jrronimo

Feb 10, 2007
Longmont, CO
Actually, Java does work on the 5.99 plan. I am running Opera Mini and GMail off of my GPRS connection and they both work. Neither required any special setup, to my recollection.

I do believe you have to be running Windows Mobile 6.1, though.

iamanalog

Jan 1, 2007
Yeah i think with the 5.99 plan since your using a proxy to connect, the information is slow to get to opera's servers... i think. I think im just going to get the 19.99 plan and deal with it.

joelpk

Jul 4, 2007
I downloaded Ricky's V23 with Opera. I assumed this meant that Opera was included, but I do not see where/how I can inititate the running of this program.

I did find a option to Install Opera, but it does not seem to do anything.

Help please....

tennisshoeninja

Mar 23, 2008
Houston
i have oprea and the 5.99 plan and i did all the things they told me too as far as the settings goes...and still no cigar...i tired for a while but i just dropped after my failures :(

Bupahs

Apr 20, 2008
East Petersburg
Plan on all of the 5.99 freebie connections to the internet to go bye bye as T-Mobile rolls out their 3g. I used the 5.99 plan for years (actually a grandfathered 2.99 plan) then all of a sudden it stopped working... then I saw the guys on the Cell towers and figured it had to do with 3g. So far three months later no 5.99 connections anymore. However the 19.99 plan I have on my Dash works perfectly so I had my free ride long enough I suppose LOL

timothyjok

May 1, 2007
MA
Plan on all of the 5.99 freebie connections to the internet to go bye bye as T-Mobile rolls out their 3g. I used the 5.99 plan for years (actually a grandfathered 2.99 plan) then all of a sudden it stopped working... then I saw the guys on the Cell towers and figured it had to do with 3g. So far three months later no 5.99 connections anymore. However the 19.99 plan I have on my Dash works perfectly so I had my free ride long enough I suppose LOL

I don't get it. you were paying for both plans???? you didn't call tmob for three months? Don't you think that tmob will notify their 5.99 customers that it is no longer available?

Bupahs

Apr 20, 2008
East Petersburg
I don't get it. you were paying for both plans???? you didn't call tmob for three months? Don't you think that tmob will notify their 5.99 customers that it is no longer available?

Seperate phoes seperate plans. The 5.99 is in reality just for Wap access, not for internet, so why would t-mobile notify anyone since you should not get internt on a Wap plan? The fact that we could get internet on a Wap plan was due to open proxies that are being closed. Why would I call? I got something for free and now I dont.. do you think they would say oh we are sorry you cant keep getting a service for free.. shame on us for closing the hole in our system you were exploitimg.... lol

joelpk

Jul 4, 2007
5.99 plan works for full Internet access. I have used this all around the country - most recently in NY and Atlanta and Sacramento.

Ihave been reading that the 5.99 full Internet is gone for over a year - WRONG. It has even worked outside the US.

Yes - sometimes I can not make a connection. I usually try to stop other programs that are running - sometimes reboot. Not sure if that fixes it - but in any event in a few mins it comes back

joelpk

Jul 4, 2007
Don't know about low speed. I have tried using with WiFi and I will be darned if Ican tell much of a difference.

satru

Apr 22, 2008
the plan 5.99 is not the same that wifi, when u use wifi you are using high speed connected to router or hotspot, the plan 5.99 you are using wap internet connection, less speed

Don't know about low speed. I have tried using with WiFi and I will be darned if Ican tell much of a difference.

timothyjok

May 1, 2007
MA
Seperate phoes seperate plans. The 5.99 is in reality just for Wap access, not for internet, so why would t-mobile notify anyone since you should not get internt on a Wap plan? The fact that we could get internet on a Wap plan was due to open proxies that are being closed. Why would I call? I got something for free and now I dont.. do you think they would say oh we are sorry you cant keep getting a service for free.. shame on us for closing the hole in our system you were exploitimg.... lol

Totally misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that the 5.99 plan was done and not just the hack. I still have the hack working for me. I understand that 3G is much faster then edge. If that is so I don't mind paying the extra 14.00 for it.