[MOD] Transparent, 75% Transparent and 50% Transparent Status Bar for CM7

Search This thread

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
Here is the Barebones 50% systemui.apk - http://www.box.com/s/2hz0ag525ei4lzzeargp

Here is the 50% ICS theme - http://www.box.com/s/i5kykzxkj3nkgulqlx59

Just be sure to rename 50%BBSystemUI.apk to systemui.apk before moving into system/app and please make a backup.

the barebones apk didnt work for me, it just removed my status bar all together. unless thats what it is supposd to do? lol

Sweet! It worked! Thanks a lot!:)
please explain your method :)

im not quite sure what to do with the ics theme version but the barebones one i used to replace my "system/app" systemui.apk but once i did that all that happend after my reboot was a completely invisible status bar had to use button saviour to do anything.

Last edited:

_ante_

Feb 19, 2012
Those are the images labeled edge and divider or something along those lines.

Edit: ic_statusbar_sep_ *.png and ic_statusbar_edge_*.png (right, left, top, bottom) in CM7 at any rate.

screenshot-1331333473671.png

Sent from my Kindle Fire (CM7) using xda premium

Last edited:

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
Those are the images labeled edge and divider or something along those lines.

Edit: ic_statusbar_sep_ *.png and ic_statusbar_edge_*.png (right, left, top, bottom) in CM7 at any rate.

screenshot-1331333473671.png

How would I go about changing them? Would just backing up and deleting them from systemui APK get rid of them or just cause me problems?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

_ante_

Feb 19, 2012
Replace with transparent .png images of the same dimensions. The edge graphics are 38x5 and the sep ones are 38x2 (38 pixels high by 2 pixels wide). Simple way would be to open them up in Photoshop, paint.net, gimp, etc add a new layer, delete the background layer, save and replace. Deleting them would be bad.

Reactions: collinsac24

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
Replace with transparent .png images of the same dimensions. The edge graphics are 38x5 and the sep ones are 38x2 (38 pixels high by 2 pixels wide). Simple way would be to open them up in Photoshop, paint.net, gimp, etc add a new layer, delete the background layer, save and replace. Deleting them would be bad.

thanks its working :)

lovejoy777

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2011
Nottingham
please could you do ics theme 75% for hellfire cm7.
thanks

edit: adwpro launcher with black glass theme.

Last edited:

lovejoy777

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2011
Nottingham
Sorry for your loss

No rush mate, as and when you can fit it in:)
And thank's for keeping me posted.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted a transparent status bar status bar so I decided to follow THESE instructions and got it figured out. It's just some changes to a few images and files in the systemui.apk

It seems to only work with live wallpapers depending on your launcher. You can get regular wallpapers working in ADW by disabling the wallpaper hack in ADWSettings >System Preferences.

You can find the modified systemui.apk below, please make a backup before changing the file since there may be a chance that it won't work with certain themes.

If it doesn't work with your theme and it's a free theme let me know and I'll modify it to work for you. I will also need to know which transparent bar you want to use (transparent, 75% or 50%).

You can replace the file with Root Explorer but do not start out by deleting the stock file. The easiest way to get everything done at once with only one reboot is to move the modified systemui.apk into the System folder, change the permissions to: rw- r-- r-- then move it into System/App and replace the stock file. You will then get an error message, just hold down your power button until it shuts down and then reboot. You may need to restart your launcher or hide/show your status bar once you reboot.

Transparent Status Bar: Systemui.apk

75% Transparent Status Bar: Systemui75%.apk (Rename to Systemui.apk before moving into System/App)

50% Transparent Status Bar: Systemui-Semi.apk (Rename to Systemui.apk before moving into System/App)

Here it is with a live wallpaper.

Transparent:

screenshot-1330269170157.png

75% Transparent:

screenshot-1330356491451.png

50% Transparent:

screenshot-1330353262330.png
    See the first post
    Any chance that this can/will be ported to Stock rom's launcher's bar?
    Hello and Thanks for sharing your work.
    I'm using ICS theme from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1373295

transparent crashes on this theme, and i don't have battery or a charger to test the 75% and 50% versions and write this message, i will when i get home.

HERE is the modified ICS theme for you, I set it at 50% so you would need the systemui50% file. If you want it transparent or 75% transparent let me know.

screenshot-1330439078006.png