ALL ICS DISCUSSIONS HERE, Includes List of bugs < All other threads will be closed>

Search This thread

yanksrock1000

Feb 23, 2012
anyone notice the screen sensitivity isnt as sensitive as HC? I can actually move apps around now and scroll in the market! :)

Bobw55

what I don't see

What I don't see so far:

1 Face unlock, but camera is launched from unlock screen.

2 Still no ability to install apps and app data to external SD card.

3 Ability to custom set screen sensitivity.

4 Ability to customize what the home screen button does.
(I know there was a fix for this but you have to be rooted)

TehEndIsNigh

Feb 8, 2012
Just flashed this and it has resolved a problem I was having with a bluetooth keyboard (It would pair but keypresses did nothing).
Still seem to have a problem with Google listen. Audio cuts out when the screen locks. This was also an issue on HC so I think it must be an HC bug.

sk0tto

Feb 29, 2012
rear camera no worky at all

Just updated to ICS last week. I don't have the green screen problem with the rear facing camera, but something slightly different.

When I first reboot the device, the camera seems to work fine. When I go to do something else, (gmail, web browse, etc) and come back to the camera, the screen is black and just freezes. I can still see the camera controls, but no preview. Eventually it tells me that the camera has stopped responding and asks to close or send a report to acer.

As soon as I reboot, the camera works fine again for a while.

I am able to use the front facing camera without issue.

I downgraded to HC and the problem seems to go away. I don't use the camera enough to stay with HC at this point. Mostly just ebooks and web browsing.. The camera is just a toy for me.

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Just flashed this and it has resolved a problem I was having with a bluetooth keyboard (It would pair but keypresses did nothing).
Still seem to have a problem with Google listen. Audio cuts out when the screen locks. This was also an issue on HC so I think it must be an HC bug.

Google Listen has always been a troublesome app in my experience, you could try BeyondPod from the market, haven't had much call for it myself, Podcasts are synced wih Banshee from my PC

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Nice!

Full root for A100 ICS. Simple method.
Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - perfectly works!

I spent all weekend getting my HC a100 to perfect standard and great customization...now you hit us with this!!! lol...

Thanks alot for your hard work...i'm going to chill with my HB a100 for a lil and then I'll jump to ICS again...I'm trying to hold out until the official release...hopefully this will work on that one....but again...thanks for the hard work on making this an easy process for root. :D

sleekgreek

Oct 20, 2010
Anyone having trouble with all non stock browsers freezing and crashing when watching flash? think i'm jumping back to honeycomb.

--Mac--

Feb 4, 2011
Boston
Has anyone gotten HDMI Out to work? I connect the cable to my TV but there are not settings or way to project to it.

Okaham

Nov 3, 2011
why can't i get into recovery???

i reboot with Power + volume up, doesn't work, i reboot with Power + volume down, and still doesn't work?

it just vibrates and shows the acer logo..then boots up... UGH

pintek

May 10, 2011
Has anyone gotten HDMI Out to work? I connect the cable to my TV but there are not settings or way to project to it.

HDMI works for me never saw any settings for the HDMI with a Verizon motorolla xoom hdmi cable (got the cable cause it was verified it worked correctly)in HC i had alot of white noise before tapping a audio file then it would fix itself in ICS it works normally.

Edit---

http://forum.tegraowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=350

Version 5 of this works for our tab with the adding the acer tweaks seen in the a500 framework an changes the lockscreen up a lil bit aswell though sadly i cannot get acer ring to work correctly on this jus tlike the face lock function. It does give you root acess aswell with the same mempodroid exploit but since we have a perma solution its kinda not needed though it also has a option to install trebuchet which i've had a really hard time trying to get to install normally >.<

I DO NOT RECOMEND YOU TRYING TO USE THIS TO TRY AN ADD A500 CUSTOM RECOVERY TO YOUR A100 AN POSSIBLY TURNING YOUR A100 INTO A LARGE PAPER WEIGHT!

Last edited:

fisterkev

Jan 1, 2012
So when the official OTA ICS comes out are we going to have to go back to HC to get it?

I am hoping the official version has some of the bugs worked out, especially the issues with games. Most of my favorite games are unplayable with the leaked version. I've got to think the official OTA will not be nearly as buggy...

pintek

May 10, 2011
I don't think we can say it will or will not break OTA updates for ICS until april arrives. Could get a yes or no from the people in acer working on ICS but chances of getting them on the phone or email is probably like..... .00000001% chance if that

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Switching Back

I don't know..maybe I'm just lame or something but I'm not that impressed so far with ICS. I'm heading back to HC ...enjoy my playable stuff and wait for the official ICS and/or some kind of improvements initiated from our great developers here...I like my tablet (which is only for leisure) to work...

jeffmplsmn1

Mar 9, 2005
Neither the home soft key nor the home physical button work after the update. I did not perform a reset before upgrading. Any way to get either working without a reset?

Thanks.

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 9, 2010
I've been playing with the update for a few hours, and the scrolling seems snappier. The screen responsiveness is great, without being as sensitive as it was.

Quick question, is screen cap capability built in to the leak? I can't seem to figure it out, if in fact, it is.

Thanks guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed in 0900

Fixed in 0900 leaked release:

Speaker crackle when using keyboard
    Acer Planner no longer crashed
    WinAmp no longer crashes

Not working:

Angry Birds - screen inoput frezzes after about 2 minutes
    Rollerball - no screen input is possible

I did a 0200 to 0900 overlay. No issues came up.
    Bought mine yesterday. Seen it in best buy with ics. Got home turned it on boom honey comb update. Went into system updates and bam ics update. Now were rooted custom kernel overclocked to 1.4ghz this tablet is a beast.

One question though in using the xda. App on this tablet I have no menu button to go into my settings. Is there a work around?

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Since tablets lack a menu button, looks for a : looking icon, usually in the upper right corner of the app, Its 3 dots.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi guys I had a question with the different versions of GEN1 and I had the ota that was PN1 something like that?!? (Sorry for the lack of info) I flashed one of the leaked versions of 4.0 (Acer_a100_av014_1.014.00_www_GEN1) I had no issues with TWRP & FlexReaper other than the fact w/the 1st flash of everything in the thread the rom, the patch etc. I for some reason had more apps than the 2nd time I flashed it and did not install any extra apps in between. Due to my neurotic OCD I felt the urge to do it all over (I am a super space cadet) now I cannot install the correct leak and unlock my bootloader do TWRP and flash a freaking from again. I have moved out of the noob stage so I thought guess I was wrong. Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong sorry if in did not give great details I am obsessed w/Calligraphy pens, notebooks and writing so I never remember full details Its always on paper and then someone steals it.

Ok ODD!!! I finally got the bootloader unlocked finally the thread I snatched the file from only had install not install-eng it also would not let me run as admin but worked when i just did install. Thats is crazy the 1st flash done a while ago did not do that. I dig FlexReaper but was wondering if anyone had and other suggestions on other A100 roms even if this is about ICS

In my signature there is a guide which includes some of the current ROMs that you can run on the A100. Also in this guide is some other info about properly preparing your device for flashing a new ROM. It sounds like you aren't wiping in between ROMs, which will result in more and more apps in between them, as previous apps get added in with the ROMs apps. There is also tools to help with this, but give the guide a read, it will help ALOT even if its long and boring, it has just about anything you need to know to rock the A100 in all it's glory!
    List of ICS update Bugs

I am making a list of all the bugs that people experience on the leaked ICS update.

Bugs
    Random crackling noises from speaker while using the keyboard. Any keyboard for that matter. Solution:Turn off Dolby Mobile. Fixed in build 009
    Mic has horrible noise in background.
    i noticed the camera is pretty screwed up in the preview (half green screen), but once the picture is taken, it comes out fine. not an issue for FFC or camcorder. tested in all qualities and with camera fx.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk