Update coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tburns

May 1, 2010
Vegas
Saw a leak and we will see an ota update on 5/10 61mb. Its not ics but probably that leak will now be official.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
Ugh... Gonna have to update to a new base this soon.... Hopefully they don't change much in the framework...

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

nowetdio

Jun 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Found it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335546159641.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335546159641.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,345

s10onn2o

Aug 31, 2007
Houston
I'm trying to find it right now but I read some were that this update and all the other ones was the ics release I think it was on phone arena if I'm not mistaken.

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Imho, anytime a phone 1 year old or less has to wait 6+ months for a new Android OS upgrade, the OEM is failing to live up to Google and more importantly, the customers, standards.

The number of casual users who won't even recognize the fact that their phone upgraded from 2.3 to 4.0 is the number two reason these companies don't push hard to keep their phones up to date. With the number one reason being money. It's more profitable to lock out 1 year old phones from staying up to date, making that new device running the new version of Android more enticing and a possible sale from people who fall for gimmicky sales tactics.

Realistically Google wants every phone to be on ICS right now. At least, any phone that has the hardware to run it. Which in all honesty, is any mid range phone from 2010 and up. Certainly a flagship 2011 phone should be quite capable of running ICS, don't you think? So whats the only other possible explanation? See paragraph 2 and it'll be easily understood.

dizzyman1180

Dec 20, 2010
Imho, anytime a phone 1 year old or less has to wait 6+ months for a new Android OS upgrade, the OEM is failing to live up to Google and more importantly, the customers, standards.

The number of casual users who won't even recognize the fact that their phone upgraded from 2.3 to 4.0 is the number two reason these companies don't push hard to keep their phones up to date. With the number one reason being money. It's more profitable to lock out 1 year old phones from staying up to date, making that new device running the new version of Android more enticing and a possible sale from people who fall for gimmicky sales tactics.

Realistically Google wants every phone to be on ICS right now. At least, any phone that has the hardware to run it. Which in all honesty, is any mid range phone from 2010 and up. Certainly a flagship 2011 phone should be quite capable of running ICS, don't you think? So whats the only other possible explanation? See paragraph 2 and it'll be easily understood.

+1 money, money, money

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
While is sucks that it takes so long to get an ICS update (even though I sold my Thunderbolt and got a Bionic...not that it will get official ICS any sooner), I do understand where the OEMs (and the carriers) are coming from...there's really no money in updating obsolete phones.

tburns

May 1, 2010
Vegas
Sorry I didn't post a link, my bad. Saw the tweet I got and was in a rush. Wish it was ICS update :S...

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

xs11e

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix
It's really nothing to get excited about, I unrooted, flashed back to stock, installed the leaked update and found...... nothing but a few bug fixes, etc. It had no effect on my use of my T'bolt which is now re-rooted and back to running Thunderstick Bareback which works for me and may or may not work for you.

icedventimocha

While is sucks that it takes so long to get an ICS update (even though I sold my Thunderbolt and got a Bionic...not that it will get official ICS any sooner), I do understand where the OEMs (and the carriers) are coming from...there's really no money in updating obsolete phones.

ummmmm....our phones are obsolete????? Just because phones came out after ours doesn't mean it's obsolete. In fact any other phone on Verizon right now (as far as specs, not release date) is a downgrade.

xs11e

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix
At the current rate of new phone introduction "Hopelessly Obsolete" means any phone that's been out a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As much as I'd like ICS, I don't mind waiting for a polished product. I laugh when people cry about "delays" and what not. HTC didn't originally give an eta, they are working on ICS for a variety of devices. It makes more sense for them to place priority on future devices and ones they currently sell. Thunderbolt is already past end of life, the fact that we are getting it at all is awesome.

I don't mind waiting either, because I'm stuck on this phone for now(although I am strongly debating switching to sprint and grabbing an Evo LTE). I have never used a stock rom since I rooted, and it will stay that way. I'm waiting on a custom ICS rom such as CM9 or AOKP, so an OTA release doesn't mean much for me aside from a RIL that developers can work from to start making fully functional roms.
    I think we're done here. :)