[THEME][CM11][JUNE 26] Simplex Theme Chooser

Search This thread

xIC-MACIx

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
uI1uudC.jpg

This is Simplex. This is an all new theme chooser theme that I have been working on for a while now.
For those of you who used my Alloy series of themes, I hope you'll find the same attention to detail I strive for here.
Simplex is another take on a minimal approach to Android while also staying true to a slightly skeuomorphic visual approach.

Please don't hesitate to provide feedback and/or report bugs. Enjoy!

Smplx_Screens_Btn.png

SIMPLEX ORIGINAL SCREENSHOTS:
wix.png
lc37.png

plw.png
chj7.png

44em.png
1jr7.png

5d24.png
zn0s.png

8ud.png
3nay.png

SIMPLEX BLUE SCREENSHOTS:
5pd.png
8wui.png

plw.png
chj7.png

ufxy.png
kqzo.png

w7jl.png
zn0s.png

d4pt.png
3nay.png

Smplx_DL_Btn.png

SIMPLEX ORIGINAL(Mirror)
SIMPLEX BLUE(Mirror)
Smplx_Donate_Btn.png

SIMPLEX ORIGINAL
SIMPLEX BLUE
Smplx_Icons_Btn.png

SIMPLEX ICON PACK

COLOR VALUES:
Red: #FFD14747 (Simplex Original)
Blue: #FF2AA1EC (Simplex Blue)
Dark BG: #FF212224
Light BG: #FFCCCCCC
Grey: #FF45474C
White: #FFF2F2F2

THEME EXTRAS & ADD-ONS:
Simplex Theme with Dark Gapps
Icon Template Package
Simplex Original Default Wallpaper (Full Res)
Simplex Blue Default Wallpaper (Full Res)
CM Gallery App (If the Google version isn't themed)
CM MMS App (Fixes broken MMS themes)
Wallpaper Collection

TROUBLESHOOTING:
IF you are having issues with the MMS app text colors/backgrounds not showing:
- Download and flash the CM10.1 MMS app (available in the extras section above this one.

IF you are getting this error "This theme is missing assets for you device's screen resolution."
- Ignore & hit "Apply Anyway"

IF you are getting this error "This theme has been improperly compiled..."
- First, apply the system theme in settings > themes (Yes, even if it's already applied)
- Open Titanium Backup and locate "ThemesProvider.apk" and "ThemeChooser.apk"/"Themes.apk"
- Select the app and choose to "wipe data". In the same pop-up dialog swipe over to the "special features" tab and select "clear cache"
- Go back to settings > themes and apply your desired theme.
- Last & optional step is to reboot your phone. (I do this if the theme hasn't fully applied yet.)
** If you are still having issues, you can try uninstalling the theme, reboot into recovery to wipe dalvik & cache and then reinstall the theme.

IF you are USING A TABLET and are getting this error "This theme has been improperly compiled..."
- Apply the default "System Theme"
- Take note of what your device's current DPI setting is, you'll need it later
- Change your device's DPI to the closest standard resolution: LDPI=120, MDPI=160, HDPI=240, XHDPI=320 (Typically, you'll want to set a higher DPI)
- Reboot
- Apply the theme
- Revert to the previous DPI setting
- Reboot & enjoy

Last edited:

nagorimayank

Jul 24, 2011
Mumbai
Google Pixel 3a XL
Awesome theme mate! just love it especially the keyboard! Great work man! I'm on CM10.1 & I see a bug on the battery icon...it shows a small keyboard like small icon on the battery! Could you fix it in the next update!? Also, can you make the quick toggles a bit darker please! :)
Thanks for the masterpiece!

Regards

nexxxus one

Jun 6, 2012
wow

good theme, i use the aokp work fine, but i have a problem with a popup menu like in the screenshot, please fix him

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-24-18-27-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-24-18-27-10.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 12,680

Pulsu

Feb 9, 2012
I have a weird problem. Phone reboots every now and then. It happens every time when I long press power button to choose recovery or reboot phone.
Or if I try to zoom wallpaper in gallery or web page. I have to uninstall theme and it goes away. Just to be sure I even did a factory reset.
Using a paranoidandroid latest alpha.
Theme itself lookin good tho! :)

arief347

Jun 8, 2011
bandung
Where is download link?

Edit: didn't see it from xda app..

Open in browser and see it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Last edited:

ptidav44

Nov 7, 2010
www.androidaddict.org
Thanks !! this is a beautiful theme, very well finished (for example, calculator is beautiful :good:) but unfortunately very unstable on ParanoidAndroid 3.55 ... many reboot and I was forced to reinstall the rom with fullwipe ... but I looked forward to future releases :fingers-crossed:

xIC-MACIx

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
good theme, i use the aokp work fine, but i have a problem with a popup menu like in the screenshot, please fix him

I have a weird problem. Phone reboots every now and then. It happens every time when I long press power button to choose recovery or reboot phone.
Or if I try to zoom wallpaper in gallery or web page. I have to uninstall theme and it goes away. Just to be sure I even did a factory reset.
Using a paranoidandroid latest alpha.
Theme itself lookin good tho! :)

Thanks for the feedback, I think I know what's causing the dialogue popups, which are probably related to the reboots that @ptidav44 is having.

Thanks !! this is a beautiful theme, very well finished (for example, calculator is beautiful :good:) but unfortunately very unstable on ParanoidAndroid 3.55 ... many reboot and I was forced to reinstall the rom with fullwipe ... but I looked forward to future releases :fingers-crossed:

No problems on AOKP, no reboots. But crazy pop-ups! :)
Really nice theme, it has potential, thank you
gy7ytudy.jpg

sent from Nexus 4

Thanks for the feedback, I think I know what's causing the dialogue popups, which are probably related to the reboots that @ptidav44 is having. I have only tested on CM10.1, so expect issues like this on other roms :) thanks for the feedback guys!

- Mac

p0izn

Jun 14, 2010
Daydream standard clock is almost invisible. Please take a look before the next release.
Thanks for your work. Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uI1uudC.jpg

This is Simplex. This is an all new theme chooser theme that I have been working on for a while now.
    For those of you who used my Alloy series of themes, I hope you'll find the same attention to detail I strive for here.
    Simplex is another take on a minimal approach to Android while also staying true to a slightly skeuomorphic visual approach.

Please don't hesitate to provide feedback and/or report bugs. Enjoy!

Smplx_Screens_Btn.png

SIMPLEX ORIGINAL SCREENSHOTS:
    wix.png
    lc37.png

plw.png
    chj7.png

44em.png
    1jr7.png

5d24.png
    zn0s.png

8ud.png
    3nay.png

SIMPLEX BLUE SCREENSHOTS:
    5pd.png
    8wui.png

plw.png
    chj7.png

ufxy.png
    kqzo.png

w7jl.png
    zn0s.png

d4pt.png
    3nay.png

Smplx_DL_Btn.png

SIMPLEX ORIGINAL(Mirror)
    SIMPLEX BLUE(Mirror)
    Smplx_Donate_Btn.png

SIMPLEX ORIGINAL
    SIMPLEX BLUE
    Smplx_Icons_Btn.png

SIMPLEX ICON PACK

COLOR VALUES:
    Red: #FFD14747 (Simplex Original)
    Blue: #FF2AA1EC (Simplex Blue)
    Dark BG: #FF212224
    Light BG: #FFCCCCCC
    Grey: #FF45474C
    White: #FFF2F2F2

THEME EXTRAS & ADD-ONS:
    Simplex Theme with Dark Gapps
    Icon Template Package
    Simplex Original Default Wallpaper (Full Res)
    Simplex Blue Default Wallpaper (Full Res)
    CM Gallery App (If the Google version isn't themed)
    CM MMS App (Fixes broken MMS themes)
    Wallpaper Collection

TROUBLESHOOTING:
    IF you are having issues with the MMS app text colors/backgrounds not showing:
    - Download and flash the CM10.1 MMS app (available in the extras section above this one.

IF you are getting this error "This theme is missing assets for you device's screen resolution."
    - Ignore & hit "Apply Anyway"

IF you are getting this error "This theme has been improperly compiled..."
    - First, apply the system theme in settings > themes (Yes, even if it's already applied)
    - Open Titanium Backup and locate "ThemesProvider.apk" and "ThemeChooser.apk"/"Themes.apk"
    - Select the app and choose to "wipe data". In the same pop-up dialog swipe over to the "special features" tab and select "clear cache"
    - Go back to settings > themes and apply your desired theme.
    - Last & optional step is to reboot your phone. (I do this if the theme hasn't fully applied yet.)
    ** If you are still having issues, you can try uninstalling the theme, reboot into recovery to wipe dalvik & cache and then reinstall the theme.

IF you are USING A TABLET and are getting this error "This theme has been improperly compiled..."
    - Apply the default "System Theme"
    - Take note of what your device's current DPI setting is, you'll need it later
    - Change your device's DPI to the closest standard resolution: LDPI=120, MDPI=160, HDPI=240, XHDPI=320 (Typically, you'll want to set a higher DPI)
    - Reboot
    - Apply the theme
    - Revert to the previous DPI setting
    - Reboot & enjoy

CHANGELOGS:
    June 26, 2014:
    - Update to CM11
    - temporarily remove gmail theme
    - New dialer & contacts themes
    - other fixes (too many to list)

BUGS/ISSUES:

Google Keyboard:
    - Keyboard Background improperly defined
    lgfv.png
    Just pushed out an update, I was finally able to fix the keyboard by modifying the key images, its not perfect, but it'll work! :good:

July 31, 2013:
    - Keyboard bug finally fixed
    - Google Now theme added
    - Google frameworks theme added
    - DroidNAS Theme (thanks @s0niqu3)
    - MDPI switches added (WIP)
    - Addressed halo bug
    - MMS bubble stretching
    - Fix youtube FC
    Update 1.4 is up. Check the CL below or in the OP for details. NOTE: Google Play Music is still buggy, it seems that not every piece can be themed like the pre-Google I/O version. Unfortunately, this means that I'll have to remove the theme for Google Music until I can figure out a work around.

- Mac

June 12, 2013:
    - Google Keep checkbox bug
    - T9 suggestion text color
    - Tab Color for dialer
    - Dialer in-call switches
    - Zoom buttons themed
    - Browser theme
    - Dark theme for mms
    - MDPI switches (WIP)
    - Alarm actionbar fixes
    - Alarm background fixes
    - Pulldown button cutoff (MDPI)
    - Apollo app & widget themed
    - Holo Light dialog box transparency
    - Various other tweaks
    Another update has been pushed today, see changelog below:

SEPTEMBER 26, 2013:
    - Fixed Falcon Pro crashes
    - Fixed battery colors for tablets
    - Brighter signal indicators when fully connected
    - Clean up

I will also be adding an alternate version that includes the dark gapps themes removed in the last update.

- Mac