[UNOFFICIAL] Material Design Xposed Installer [18/05/19]

Search This thread

kakrikakri

I am sorry if this has been asked before.

I am on the latest Xposed installer by dvdandroid. I downloaded the v88.2 SDK25 from Magisk, it flashed and rebooted the device. However, the Xposed status is that Xposed Framwework was not installed.

Then I tried installing the Systemless version from Xposed installer itself. Same issue, Framework not installed. Can someone help me out with this?

I installed the official Xposed (non-Systemless) and that works, but then it fails safetynet checks on Magisk

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
I am sorry if this has been asked before.

I am on the latest Xposed installer by dvdandroid. I downloaded the v88.2 SDK25 from Magisk, it flashed and rebooted the device. However, the Xposed status is that Xposed Framwework was not installed.

Then I tried installing the Systemless version from Xposed installer itself. Same issue, Framework not installed. Can someone help me out with this?

I installed the official Xposed (non-Systemless) and that works, but then it fails safetynet checks on Magisk
Safetynet will fail in any case, due to the way xposed works.
The advantage of systemless xposed is, that you can easier switch it on and off (with reboot), if you need to pass safetynet.

Reactions: okij and kakrikakri

kakrikakri

Safetynet will fail in any case, due to the way xposed works.
The advantage of systemless xposed is, that you can easier switch it on and off (with reboot), if you need to pass safetynet.

First of all thanks for replying and explaining this to me. Very well noted and understood in difference between systemless and official

I actually meant to post this question in the Magisk-Xposed thread, but you still replied. Thank you again for that.

BustedFly

Nov 26, 2007
Hi I found 2 bugs and hope you can fix this:

1: when I change the icon and close the App it gives me a FC
2: I can't save files on external SD card.. App says SD not found or can't write

I use S7 Edge with SM 2.7.0

Alexey71

Oct 13, 2012
Russian
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
@DVDandroid
Hi. Each time after the modules are updated or deleted. There is a permanent error in the logs

Xposed cannot find application with package name "org.coax.xposed.cpufreqstatusbar". This is not a problem of this app. Try to uninstall and reinstall the module
This happens with all modules during updates. Solution: off and on the module, then reboot the phone. You can add make the automatic off and on of the module, when updating the modules ?. And for some reason, there is no notification after updating the module to reboot. I'm using the latest version.

Last edited:

FylipeJ

Sep 24, 2015
Hi I found 2 bugs and hope you can fix this:

1: when I change the icon and close the App it gives me a FC
2: I can't save files on external SD card.. App says SD not found or can't write

I use S7 Edge with SM 2.7.0

. I found a bug with the [LL-O] LockScreen Mods. When you restart the system, the module does not work anymore. Sorry my bad english.

ahrion

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2013
. I found a bug with the [LL-O] LockScreen Mods. When you restart the system, the module does not work anymore. Sorry my bad english.
This isn't a troubleshooting thread for mods or Xposed itself. It's only a unified installer to simplify everything. Please direct your issues to the appropriate threads in the OP.

I've been noticing some issues @DVDandroid that only happens with your last 2 Installer releases.

After module installs and updates, i don't receive any popup notifications and even confirmed that the settings were still kept to receive them but, I never do.

Also, after updating modules and rebooting, though their still selected in the module list, they are not actually active and I'm forced to clear the check box for the updated module, reboot, select to activate the module again and reboot again and all is well again.

So I had tried a little test to see if it was still present for Rovo89's latest installer (i may have gone abroad and beyond with the following)...

I first cleared all the selection boxes to deactivate the modules then reboot the device. I then force stop the Installer, clear the data/cache and then i uninstall the XPosed Installer app.

I then install Rovo89's latest Installer, open it and select all the modules to activate them and then rebooted the device and all was working.

I then reinstalled one of the modules and am now receiving the notifications.

This led me to believe that it's the Material Design Installer since Rovo89's installer provides the notifications.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention and also provided a screenshot of the notification that your installer wasn't providing.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

Attachments

• Notification.jpg
    Notification.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 900
  • Active.jpg
    Active.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 898
My previous issue is now resolved based upon my Github communication with @DVDandroid.

He had provided a test version to try and it worked as designed.

As much as I do love Rovo89's installer, DVDandroid's Material Designed Installer is the "Cat's Meow"... LMAO! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attachments

• Eddie-Murphy-O'Tay.jpg
    Eddie-Murphy-O'Tay.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 580
Reactions: Gggggas

Francescorm76

May 2, 2016
I've been noticing some issues @DVDandroid that only happens with your last 2 Installer releases.

After module installs and updates, i don't receive any popup notifications and even confirmed that the settings were still kept to receive them but, I never do.

Also, after updating modules and rebooting, though their still selected in the module list, they are not actually active and I'm forced to clear the check box for the updated module, reboot, select to activate the module again and reboot again and all is well again.

So I had tried a little test to see if it was still present for Rovo89's latest installer (i may have gone abroad and beyond with the following)...

I first cleared all the selection boxes to deactivate the modules then reboot the device. I then force stop the Installer, clear the data/cache and then i uninstall the XPosed Installer app.

I then install Rovo89's latest Installer, open it and select all the modules to activate them and then rebooted the device and all was working.

I then reinstalled one of the modules and am now receiving the notifications.

This led me to believe that it's the Material Design Installer since Rovo89's installer provides the notifications.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention and also provided a screenshot of the notification that your installer wasn't providing.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Same issues [emoji848]

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

jeivarmarr

Jun 15, 2013
it is not activated with the latest version of the xposed installer 31-10-2017 module: device emulator

Mensage Error:
Module is disabled in xposed

?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<map>
<int name="com.device.emulator.pro" value="1" />
</map>

Last edited:
Same issues [emoji848]. Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
Go to the following link and you will see a comment from @DVDandroid.

https://github.com/DVDAndroid/XposedInstaller/issues/189

Read the comment and download the installer that was provided to try out.

PLEASE NOTE: Be sure to change the file extension from ".zip" to ".apk" as instructed by DVDandroid!

That one fixed the Notification issue that I was experiencing.

I believe that the fixes on that Installer will, more than likely, be implemented whenever DVDAndroid provides the next release.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Francescorm76

May 2, 2016
Go to the following link and you will see a comment from @DVDandroid.

https://github.com/DVDAndroid/XposedInstaller/issues/189

Read the comment and download the installer that was provided to try out.

PLEASE NOTE: Be sure to change the file extension from ".zip" to ".apk" as instructed by DVDandroid!

That one fixed the Notification issue that I was experiencing.

I believe that the fixes on that Installer will, more than likely, be implemented whenever DVDAndroid provides the next release.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now working flawless... Thank you very much! [emoji3]

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

Rom

Jul 1, 2013
Lyon
@DVDandroid
Hello,

There is an complete update for the french translation, check in attachment :good:

Have a good day!

Attachments

• french_strings.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 22

hrswhdn

Oct 20, 2016
Hello @DVDandroid
After update to 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 i get error like in screenshot, i put the log here. I hope you can fix it, thank you for your work.

11-14 03:00:31.682 I/Xposed ( 246): -----------------
11-14 03:00:31.682 I/Xposed ( 246): Starting Xposed version 87.1 (custom build by wanam / 20161128), compiled for SDK 22
11-14 03:00:31.682 I/Xposed ( 246): Device: SM-G531H (samsung), Android version 5.1.1 (SDK 22)
11-14 03:00:31.682 I/Xposed ( 246): ROM: LMY48B.G531HDXS0AQC1
11-14 03:00:31.682 I/Xposed ( 246): Build fingerprint: samsung/grandprimeve3gxx/grandprimeve3g:5.1.1/LMY48B/G531HDXS0AQC1:user/release-keys
11-14 03:00:31.682 I/Xposed ( 246): Platform: armeabi-v7a, 32-bit binary, system server: yes
11-14 03:00:31.682 I/Xposed ( 246): SELinux enabled: yes, enforcing: no
11-14 03:00:31.722 I/Xposed ( 246): -----------------
11-14 03:00:31.722 I/Xposed ( 246): Added Xposed (/system/framework/XposedBridge.jar) to CLASSPATH
11-14 03:00:32.686 I/Xposed ( 246): Detected ART runtime
11-14 03:00:32.730 I/Xposed ( 246): Found Xposed class 'de/robv/android/xposed/XposedBridge', now initializing
11-14 03:00:34.073 E/Xposed ( 246): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.samsung.android.security.CCManager#isMdfEnforced()#exact
11-14 03:00:34.073 E/Xposed ( 246): at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExact(XposedHelpers.java:341)
11-14 03:00:34.073 E/Xposed ( 246): at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:182)
11-14 03:00:34.073 E/Xposed ( 246): at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:257)
11-14 03:00:34.073 E/Xposed ( 246): at de.robv.android.xposed.SamsungHelper.hookMdpp(SamsungHelper.java:38)
11-14 03:00:34.073 E/Xposed ( 246): at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedInit.initForZygote(XposedInit.java:89)
11-14 03:00:34.073 E/Xposed ( 246): at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:88)
11-14 03:00:34.097 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading modules from /data/app/com.pyler.youtubebackgroundplayback-1/base.apk
11-14 03:00:34.127 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading class com.pyler.youtubebackgroundplayback.YouTubeBackgroundPlayback
11-14 03:00:34.170 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading modules from /data/app/com.oasisfeng.greenify-2/base.apk
11-14 03:00:34.220 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading class com.oasisfeng.greenify.pro.FrameworkPatch
11-14 03:00:34.263 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading class com.oasisfeng.greenify.pro.SettingsPatch
11-14 03:00:34.266 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading modules from /data/app/com.pyler.xinternalsd-1/base.apk
11-14 03:00:34.280 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading class com.pyler.xinternalsd.XInternalSD
11-14 03:00:34.300 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading modules from /data/app/ma.wanam.youtubeadaway-2/base.apk
11-14 03:00:34.316 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading class ma.wanam.youtubeadaway.Xposed
11-14 03:00:34.323 I/Xposed ( 246): Loading class ma.wanam.youtubeadaway.ResXposed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-14-03-04-10.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-14-03-04-10.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 965

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Say hello to... Xposed Installer in Material Design!

What's new:
    • Material Design!
    • Navigation drawer
    • Zip downloader and installer for all Android versions!
    • Import and export list of enabled/installed modules!
    • Heads-up notification!
    • Share module with your friends!
    • Theme app as you like! (Color chooser in settings)

What's fixed:

Credits
    @-BioHaZard- - He implemented Material Design
    @pyler - He fixed some bugs

If you have installed the original version of the Xposed Installer, UNINSTALL IT before install this!!!
    For download click here
    MIRROR

XDA:DevDB Information
    Material Design Xposed Installer, App for the Xposed Framework

Contributors
    DVDandroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/dvdandroid/XposedInstaller

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.1.5
    Stable Release Date: 2019-05-18

Created 2015-12-27
    Last Updated 2019-05-18
    Please read this post

Bugs

Q/A

Q: I want to translate this app in my language. How can I do?
    A: Make a copy of this file and send me a zipped version of translated file

Q: Is it safe to install framework through this app?
    A: Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damaged devices / bricked devices / nuclear wars caused by using this method. I installed Xposed through my app with no problems. Before to install zip file, you have to choose carefully your device's architecture

Q: Hi. I'm on Android x.x and I have installed the framework with your app; now I'm in bootloop. How can I fix it?
    A: You can download uninstaller from original Xposed thread and you can uninstall it via recovery.

Q: Hi. I found a bug!
    A: Ok. Open an issue on Github with logcat, please

Q: Hi. Can you add x feature?
    A: Ok. Let's see if it is possible
    Reserved

Latest version: 3.1.5 by dvdandroid - 18/05/19 1558200000000

What's new:
    • Fixes for Magisk detection

Changelog

• Improvements for Xposed with Android 7.0+

09/09/17

• NEW: new path for Magisk (@topjohnwu)
    • IMPROVEMENTS: Oreo improvements
    • IMPROVEMENTS: translations updates
    • FIX: fixed reported bugs
    • FIX: fixed cannot download uninstallers

04/08/17

• NEW: added support for Purify Systemless Xposed
    • IMPROVEMENT: move downloaded modules in a temp directory (only 24+)
    • FIX: cannot download update
    • FIX: enable/disable modules if Xposed is disabled
    • FIX: prevent crash

26/07/17

• faster zip loading
    • fixed download button for Android 7.0+

26/11/16

• NEW: /system installation without recovery (only rovo89 zips)
    • NEW: module's name and description are selectable
    • FIX: apply default round icon
    • FIX: architecture error
    • FIX: bug when changing language
    • FIX: FCs
    • Updated translations.

13/11/16
    Same as 12/11 + Fix Portuguese translation

12/11/16

• NEW: Android 7.1 Quick Shortcuts!
    • NEW: Android 7.1 round icon!
    • NEW: Preparation for Xposed for Nougat
    • NEW: Option to force English language
    • IMPROVEMENT: Speed up zip loading
    • IMPROVEMENT: Cherry-picked changes from official Xposed Installer
    • FIX: Fix some preferences for Kitkat and lower devices
    • FIX: Fix FCs
    • Translation updates

16/10/16

• Fixed some crash
    • Updated strings
    • Readded background update checker (check only at device boot)
    • Removed apk installation with root

08/10/16

• Fix: Long module version names misshape card layout
    • Fix: When Xposed is disabled, the app uninstalled through installer is wrong
    • New: Animating toolbar on color change
    • New: Module page details now can be opened from url
    • New: Info dialog in log fragment
    • Removed: background update checker

08/10/16

• UI fixes
    • Make folder only when needed
    • Synced translations

05/08/16

• UI enhancements
    • Bug fixes
    • Synced translations!

31/07/16

• Automatic selection of architecture of zip file
    • Allow to enable module only, without rebooting
    • Don't enable module automatically when importing (revert)
    • Use a prefs file to store bookmarks (revert)
    • Ability to change download path

• Bug fixes
    • New language: Estonian translation!
    • Synced translations!

21/07/16:

• Save log in internal memory
    • Don't show hint if Xposed is already installed
    • Bug fixes for Android 5.0 (removed systemless section)
    • Fixed FCs
    • Updated translations

15/07/16:

• Big improvements for tablets!
    • Added support for new systemles method
    • Added a button to download a module without installing
    • Added option to disable updates check
    • When importing a list of modules, also enable them
    • Fixed FCs
    • Other UI improvements
    • Bug fixes
    • Synced translations!

23/06/16:

• Installation on pre-lollipop devices is now available!
    • Added support for new systemless method (/vendor)
    • Auto selection of zip file when installing
    • Background update checker (only installer)
    • Option to skip xposedminversion check (thanks to @pyler)
    • Some small transitions

• Bug fixes
    • Synced translations!

Of course, zip installation requires a custom recovery (TWRP)

News

Post written on 16/10/16

As you know, rovo89 has released version 3.1 of his Xposed Installer. It's based on my fork, so it contains the improvements that I and @-BioHaZard- added in this version of the installer.

However, you cannot find some features: color picker, installation module with root, and other unofficial stuffs are been removed; features like bookmark manager, download module button are been hidden and these features can come back in future.

This version is marked as UNOFFICIAL now and it will be maintained.

Thanks to all who downloaded this app! :good:

Source code available here

----

Why this version is still maintained? Why are there different APKs that do the same things?
    - Since Xposed Installer app is open source, I think that anyone could make an own version and customize it as you want, like Telegram app. I want to keep updated my app also for a personal satisfaction.
    - There aren't different APKs that do the same things.
    rovo89 developed the original Xposed installer. DVDandroid then took his original installer and materialized it and added a ton of new features because rovo89 didn't have the time or just didn't want to work on the installer. Once rovo89 took notice of DVDandroid's materialized installer, he cherry-picked various features and theming and re-incorporated them back into the original Xposed installer. rovo89 credited DVDandroid with the work he had done, but they are not necessarily working together as a team in the traditional sense.

The two versions of the Xposed installer are developed by two different people and provide a different set of features. One is not necessarily better than the other, they are just different and intended for two different audiences.

If you really want the two apps to merge and become one, you really should be posting and talking to rovo89, because he is the only one that has the power to do that.

Here some differences between this and official(s) Xposed Installer:

xposed_differences.png

As you know, rovo89 has released version 3.1 of his Xposed Installer. It's based on my fork, so it contains the improvements that I and @-BioHaZard- added in this version of the installer.

However, you cannot find some features: color picker, installation module with root, and other unofficial stuffs are been removed; features like bookmark manager, download module button are been hidden and these features can come back in future.

This version is marked as UNOFFICIAL now and it will be maintained.

Thanks to all who downloaded this app! :good: