www.geeksunboxed.com
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]
20160614T013106.jpg

ONEPLUS 3

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
attachment.php
List of supporters
... @abhishekr700
...​
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request to me through PM
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.

Dont forget to press the Thanks button for me !!! :good:

ronieta

Dec 20, 2010
I just recieved my new oneplus 3 and it is stuck on silence and it wont change.
By moving the slider it only shows silence, evem when i shake the op3 i feel a vibration and it shows on screen "silence".
Allready went to recovery and make a factory reset...still the same.
I'm on oxygen 3.1.2.

chandidas

Mar 19, 2014
Sometimes on lockscreen just above the finger print scanner there is a lock symbol on the screen and then I'm unable to unlock using fingerprint untill by drawing pattern. Anyone got this?

kamrul.auntu

Apr 16, 2011
Dhaka
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I just unlocked bootloader only and not flashed any custom recovery onto my OP3. Since after unlocked bootloader, I am seeing annoying bootloader unlocked notification in every reboot and phone gets bootup after 5 seconds of that message. How to avoid seeing that message?

mit2nil

Dec 25, 2014
Los Angeles
How to add custom functions in notifications panel.?
I am able to rearrange existing buttons but can't add new

Last edited:

Anthony Gar

Dec 8, 2015
Buy or not to buy

JUst wondering why so many of these are being sold over on Swappa. I've seen a lot of posts where the phone is used for a week or less then sold. Is something wrong with the phone?

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
JUst wondering why so many of these are being sold over on Swappa. I've seen a lot of posts where the phone is used for a week or less then sold. Is something wrong with the phone?
A lot of people use it to do review and just try it out. I myself bought it to try out. And decided to keep it

mit2nil

Dec 25, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi folks,

I found one minor ????.

Let me know if you also facing it.

When sound slider is active there is no way to move it back specially when you need to access notification panel immediately

Sent from my OnePlus3 using XDA Labs

Geliras

Dec 16, 2008
I made two fingerprints to unlock the device which runs good, but sometimes.. or often it locks automatically and i have to unlock using pattern.. There is a message above, dont know the original english message, using my phone on german, but it must be something like "For improvement of safety, a pattern is required"

sankalp217

Jan 3, 2015
Gurgaon
I made two fingerprints to unlock the device which runs good, but sometimes.. or often it locks automatically and i have to unlock using pattern.. There is a message above, dont know the original english message, using my phone on german, but it must be something like "For improvement of safety, a pattern is required"
I haven't experienced this. The only time I have to enter my pattern is when I reboot my phone. Rest of the time finger print works great. Btw I have 4 fingers enrolled.

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Sometimes the camera app doesn't switch to the front cam only rear camera works. A reboot fixes it. A friend of mine is also facing this issue. Any solutions?

Geliras

Dec 16, 2008
I haven't experienced this. The only time I have to enter my pattern is when I reboot my phone. Rest of the time finger print works great. Btw I have 4 fingers enrolled.
If i use smart lock i can unlock it using every finger. If i dont use smart lock i can only unlock with the fingers it set. But it gets locked 1 second after seeing the Main screen. First background turns black than the device is locked and needs a pattern to unlock for enhanced security.

Than i got a further question. When phone is locked i can see notifications by holding Hand above the motion sensor. On my old Moto X 2014 i could Do that on a good distance. On Oneplus 3 i have to go really close to the upper left edge of the phone. Bugged or intended?

NEC111

May 9, 2011
Can anyone post an screen shot with the CPU speed as can be read in apps like CPU X or CPU spy or CPU Monitor, please.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

sankalp217

Jan 3, 2015
Gurgaon
If i use smart lock i can unlock it using every finger. If i dont use smart lock i can only unlock with the fingers it set. But it gets locked 1 second after seeing the Main screen. First background turns black than the device is locked and needs a pattern to unlock for enhanced security.

Than i got a further question. When phone is locked i can see notifications by holding Hand above the motion sensor. On my old Moto X 2014 i could Do that on a good distance. On Oneplus 3 i have to go really close to the upper left edge of the phone. Bugged or intended?

That's strange. I don't use smart lock and I am facing no problem. Remove smart lock entirely then test it? If it is not solved maybe factory reset your phone once? Or flash the stock firmware?

Regarding the ambient display, it is intended as it uses the proximity sensor. The proximity sensor has a limited range on every device. It is 5cm I think on the one plus 3. Didn't the moto x 2014 has many sensors all around the phone to detect the waving of the hand? Correct me if I am wrong because I don't remember in which year's moto x this feature was implemented.

Geliras

Dec 16, 2008
Yes you are right, Moto X had more sensors. I could wave my hand 20cm above it
Fingerprint works now, dont know what i did

neildalal

Jan 16, 2014
Mumbai
How to apply custom icon packs in the oneplus launcher? I can change the individual icons by longpressing and choosing edit but how do I change all the icons??

michi491

Apr 4, 2008
Paris
Hey there, I could buy a oneplus 3 soon but still having a few question. One of them : is it possible to add more icons in the homescreen dock ? is it possible to move the app drawer icon from its original place ?
thanks ;)

m.abhirup

Dec 18, 2013
Kolkata
How many you are experiencing yellow tint/band/smudge issue in the OnePlus 3 display ? Is there anyone ? And can you post images of your display (may be even ones who do not have the issue so that we can understand the difference between a faulty and normal screen) ?

mrmuppet

Jul 1, 2010
I would like to Switch off all Vibration (using Pebble for notification). Any change to Switch vibrates off?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]
    20160614T013106.jpg

ONEPLUS 3

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ... @abhishekr700
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request to me through PM
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.

Dont forget to press the Thanks button for me !!! :good:
    I have updated to 3.2.0, can i root my op3 using the same procedures available here in xda for 3.1.2 or later ?

yes.
    flashing SuperSU through TWRP Recovery will root your device

so in order to keep the stock kernal,I unlock bootloader and add twrp only? this is confusing[/QUOTE]
    You wont change the kernel by unlocking bootloader, flashing TWRP (custom recovery), or by flashing super su (the file that will root your phone). The kernel will only be changed if you flash a custom kernel (elemental x for example) or a custom rom (cm 13, paranoid android). If you just want root just follow this guide.
    http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/how-to/oneplus-3-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t3398733
    Now if you want ota updates I have explained above how you will get them. If you have any other questions dm me.
    ---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Hi,
    I have a unlocked bootloader and a rooted phone(OnePlus3). I was clean flashing to a newer cm14 nightly on my oneplus 3 when I discovered a while later that my phone wouldn't boot into recovery mode. After flashing TWRP recovery, I booted onto my phone and selected recovery in the advanced reboot menu however it started to flash into fastboot whether i tried to fboot into recovery or into fastboot. So i, maybe mistakenly(i'm not sure), flashed stock recovery in command prompt and now there seems to be ,arginal improvement as I think a recovery mode may exist however the screen is blank so i have to power off by holding the button for a couple of seconds before anything appears on the screen and it does but only for fastboot and booting onto the system. Please help, I want to revert to Stock Oxygen OS with TWRP recovery but am unable to do do. I find it imperative for this to get resolved as my phone doesn't have gapps and doesn't offer much use beyond browsing. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S I apologise, in advance, if i have broken any forum rules; please tell me if I have so i will know not to do so again
    P.P.S I may not understand some procedures or terms mentioned so please explain fully what to do as if I'm a complete noobie :):confused:
    I used the hardbroken devices guide link: xdaforums.com/ oneplus-3/how-to/ guide-mega-unbrick-guide-hard-bricked-t3405700. And before I locked my bootloader (dont know if you have to) and ist METHOD 2. It will delete all the stuff on your phone All!! Sorry for my bad English