[Q] Can someone damaged the phone using applications TriangleAway.apk

Search This thread

Gregs5

Jul 29, 2009
Warszawa
Everyone wants to make the rooted Galaxy Note performing complex tasks.
The easiest way to install a secure kernel has CWM using PC Odin. Then you need to remove only the yellow triangle using TriangleAway. Using this application, the fear in many people. Please share your experiences.

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Although in the original thread of triangle away it is mention that this may cause problems... As it does in all dev posts.
I have used tri away a lot of times and it worked like a charm.

P. S : this doesn't mean I am 100 sure that nothing will happen the next time. Risk to take.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Gregs5

Jul 29, 2009
Warszawa
I, too many times I've used this application and never failed me. That is why I ask if others have had problems with TriangleAway.

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
for me, I used it on my phone and friends phone many times and there was no problem at all although in the original post it is mentioned that it is dangerous operation!!!
I think it is matter of luck.. it doesn't mean if it work for me it will work for you.. you have to carry some risk.. and how can you enjoy the life without carrying some risks!!!

Markuzy

Apr 21, 2012
Singapore
Depends on how the dev accessed the risk and what caused known issues. Probably Chainfire will have more insight

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
I have never read any report of brick by using it, even though it is said dangerous by developers.
I think even if it can cause brick it should be soft brick,not hard brick.

When I started in note world and when you could root with cwm.zip and somehow once in stock ics .. The cwm.zip was declared dangerous the only way to get root and get a safe kernel for some days was flashing notecore and every other safe kernel was pc odin then triangle away.. You must remember this period clearly.. I had to use triangle away once and when rebooted the procedure did deleted all my folders and launcher setups.. Also the device was acting weird and buggy and had to restock to gb with pc odin and wait for a solution to root ics without flashing kernels with pc odin.. I'm staying away from triangle away for ever.. Even when my note 2 gets home if the only method to root its flashing stuff with pc odin that will get me a triangle well guess I won't root my device until there's a method that leads me to avoid triangle away at all costs

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Indeed I never used triangle away in my device
But for everyone it is difficult to choose long path. Afaik
Note 2is concerned we must have to use triangle away if you want to root, as since some time samsung stock recovery no more allowing test sign zip file from recovery. In this condition I don't think we may have any alternative.

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
Indeed I never used triangle away in my device
But for everyone it is difficult to choose long path. Afaik
Note 2is concerned we must have to use triangle away if you want to root, as since some time samsung stock recovery no more allowing test sign zip file from recovery. In this condition I don't think we may have any alternative.

Damn well hope it doesn't lead to more troubles and I'll try to keep the root as long as I own the device lol

Alba Donzo

Sep 17, 2012
Glasgow
I, too many times I've used this application and never failed me. That is why I ask if others have had problems with TriangleAway.

I have only experienced issue with Triangle Away when using Speedmod and Franco kernels. If I use Triangle Away, I always flash a CF kernel before running the app. Then I revert to my kernel of choice thereafter.

Gregs5

Jul 29, 2009
Warszawa
You do not have to. If there is a triangle and the counter shows a custom ROM, you can use the triangle and leave the kernel.

Gregs5

Jul 29, 2009
Warszawa
When I started in note world and when you could root with cwm.zip and somehow once in stock ics .. The cwm.zip was declared dangerous the only way to get root and get a safe kernel for some days was flashing notecore and every other safe kernel was pc odin then triangle away.. You must remember this period clearly.. I had to use triangle away once and when rebooted the procedure did deleted all my folders and launcher setups.. Also the device was acting weird and buggy and had to restock to gb with pc odin and wait for a solution to root ics without flashing kernels with pc odin.. I'm staying away from triangle away for ever.. Even when my note 2 gets home if the only method to root its flashing stuff with pc odin that will get me a triangle well guess I won't root my device until there's a method that leads me to avoid triangle away at all costs

If I understood correctly, your phone is not damaged by TriangleAway.

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Damn well hope it doesn't lead to more troubles and I'll try to keep the root as long as I own the device lol

This is a good idea once root and then as long as try to preserve root.
Here particularly in Note problem is more just b'coz of brick bug, here we have to care all the time and look for all the aspect to escape from it. Note 2 and SGS 3 reported brick bug free so i dont think there should be much complicated.
Though i have not used TA in my device but in samsung tab and galaxy 3 i have to use it at least >15 time, but never cause any issue.

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
This is a good idea once root and then as long as try to preserve root.
Here particularly in Note problem is more just b'coz of brick bug, here we have to care all the time and look for all the aspect to escape from it. Note 2 and SGS 3 reported brick bug free so i dont think there should be much complicated.
Though i have not used TA in my device but in samsung tab and galaxy 3 i have to use it at least >15 time, but never cause any issue.

Anyways I do still think this whole rooting thing it's plain stupid... It should be like windows.. You can choose either if you want limited account or administrator account.. And then choose a sub level of protección UAC like Wich can go from no protection at all or very limited access to stuff.. But then that's up you... It's your damn device..

Like if you gonna give a phone to your kids or wife you can set up a limited account and set parental control etc to protect them from inadequate/dangerous content.. Not worrying about rooting or losing it.. Plain lame

jonpaslim

May 31, 2011
Valencia Bukidnon
You can use mobileodin it will not leave a mark. Just use the pc odin to flash official rom. I never experienced yellow triangle so far in my device.

Last edited:

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
You can use mobileodin it will not leave a mark. Just use the pc odin to flash official rom. I never experienced yellow triangle so far in my device.

right... but i guess most of the users get triangle away when they are stuck in a boot loop and PC odin seems to rescue (if no nandroid backup)

opiujn

Jan 27, 2012
I've not had the yellow triangle for a long time now and therefor not used the TA app lately. But before I ran it several times from many different rom versions and kernels. Have probably used it more than 30 times and never experienced/noticed any kind of issues. It seems to be very stable and solid to me, or maybe I was just lucky, who knows. :)

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
same... No one can give guarantee that it will always work. It's just that till now most of the ppl who tried it have succeeded