Signature Verification Fail in flashing any Blackrose Hboot

Search This thread

hthsolstice

Jul 6, 2010
I attempted to flash ICS rom for my N1 and I know installation of Blackrose is required.

I attempted to use Blackrose.exe but it doesn't work, then I trun to flash the cutsome hboot by manual in command prompt.

But the problem is I get the signature verfiication failed when I tried to flash any hboot_xxxxx.nb0 files by fastboot.

I have searched some relevant threads but no clear solution was found. (Some threads have posted the similar question but all the replies are problem solved without clear explanation.)

Any anybody can advise me ? How can I pass the signature verification in fastboot ?

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
I attempted to flash ICS rom for my N1 and I know installation of Blackrose is required.

I attempted to use Blackrose.exe but it doesn't work, then I trun to flash the cutsome hboot by manual in command prompt.

But the problem is I get the signature verfiication failed when I tried to flash any hboot_xxxxx.nb0 files by fastboot.

I have searched some relevant threads but no clear solution was found. (Some threads have posted the similar question but all the replies are problem solved without clear explanation.)

Any anybody can advise me ? How can I pass the signature verification in fastboot ?
Are you using RA recovery? While in recovery, select Flash zip from SD card, then select Toggle signature verification to turn off

Reactions: Fgarcor

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
You can't just flash "improper" HBOOT from fastboot, even if you have unlocked bootloader. HBOOT is still protected. There's a procedure that's needed to flash it, some script, I don't remember exactly what. Please look it up.

hthsolstice

Jul 6, 2010
taodan: It is not the problem in the recovery, I can't write on the "hboot" in the bootloader

Jack_R1: Yes, that's I wanted to find out......

G

GuestX0019

Try this if you haven't--of course nandroid first

Download latest Blackrose to PC and extract it

Open it and go to the binary folder

Copy the two files below to you fastboot.exe folder. Mine is in tools of my SDK

Do following

1) Boot into fastboot mode on your device, and plug it in to your computer.
2) Boot the exploit: fastboot boot go2.lol
3) Flash the modified hboot: fastboot flash hboot hboot_blackrose.nb0

You need to reboot your bootloader (fastboot reboot bootlloader) and check that it shows Blackrose installed and s-off

You still need to modify the hboot to ICS partition sizes, I use splhexeditor

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Also, what rom are you coming from. BR won't install over Sense roms

Somewher in thread dev mentions that if you can't install by selecting bootloader unlocked try locked and see if it works. Forget where that was and for what problem it was for.

hthsolstice

Jul 6, 2010
Thanks a lot ! I can flash ICS rom now !!!

Try this if you haven't--of course nandroid first

Download latest Blackrose to PC and extract it

Open it and go to the binary folder

Copy the two files below to you fastboot.exe folder. Mine is in tools of my SDK

Do following

1) Boot into fastboot mode on your device, and plug it in to your computer.
2) Boot the exploit: fastboot boot go2.lol
3) Flash the modified hboot: fastboot flash hboot hboot_blackrose.nb0

You need to reboot your bootloader (fastboot reboot bootlloader) and check that it shows Blackrose installed and s-off

You still need to modify the hboot to ICS partition sizes, I use splhexeditor

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Also, what rom are you coming from. BR won't install over Sense roms

Somewher in thread dev mentions that if you can't install by selecting bootloader unlocked try locked and see if it works. Forget where that was and for what problem it was for.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are you using RA recovery? While in recovery, select Flash zip from SD card, then select Toggle signature verification to turn off