Guide for mounts2sd?

Search This thread

LoaderAi

Feb 27, 2013
Guelph
Can anyone provide a guide on how to install/configure mounts2sd for the Nexus One on Jelly Bean (CM 10.1) so that I can move my apps from my internal memory to my sd-ext?

I installed the app from Google Play and had nothing but trouble with it. It initially says that busybox isn't configured properly and that the init.d script is either missing or not installed. I proceed to configure busybox and install the init.d script, but after rebooting my "downloaded" apps disappear. These downloaded apps include the Google Play Store and mounts2sd! So even if I wanted to reverse the process, I can't because the app is gone.

I would appreciate if anyone could explain how to do this properly since there is very limited space on the Nexus One, especially after installing Jelly Bean on a custom HBOOT.

Thanks!

350Rocket

Dec 11, 2010
I think you have to put mounts2sd.zip on your SD card and flash it from recovery. That's how I use it and it's really straight forward if you have flashed anything before. I wasn't aware it could be installed as an app from playstore. Are you sure it's notjust a GUI for the script?

Sent from my Nexus One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: LoaderAi

LoaderAi

Feb 27, 2013
Guelph
I think you have to put mounts2sd.zip on your SD card and flash it from recovery. That's how I use it and it's really straight forward if you have flashed anything before. I wasn't aware it could be installed as an app from playstore. Are you sure it's notjust a GUI for the script?

I'm not sure really. I thought it was another way of doing it, but thanks for the info. If I flash it through recovery, you're saying that it won't give me any errors?

darkazcura

Jul 28, 2012
antsmand jones

Nope, you should be fine with that. However, I recommend you flash it on right after you flash the ROM and before you install any apps.

I'm having tons of trouble with the app. I can't get it to work..I must be missing something. I've tried flashing it right after installing the rom (CM 10.1). I've tried installing it from the app store. I've even tried SuperSu just to see if something weird was happening there. I probably reflashed the rom like 5 times last night trying different ways of installing Mounts2SD.

Could it be that I used 4EXT Recovery RC9? I dunno how much of an effect using that recovery may have had since it is in testing..

::shrugs:: :(

Last edited:

sphinxcs898

May 12, 2012
San Jose
I'm having tons of trouble with the app. I can't get it to work..I must be missing something. I've tried flashing it right after installing the rom (CM 10.1). I've tried installing it from the app store. I've even tried SuperSu just to see if something weird was happening there. I probably reflashed the rom like 5 times last night trying different ways of installing Mounts2SD.

Could it be that I used 4EXT Recovery RC9? I dunno how much of an effect using that recovery may have had since it is in testing..

::shrugs:: :(

What kind of problems are you having? Can you be more specific?

MrQuarc

Mar 10, 2013
First: Mounts2SD is such a great tool!! Incredbly super software!

On Nexus One with 32GB sd card:
What best settings would you recommend in mounts2SD?

Is it good to make a swap partition? 1GB?

Which on should be set to sd-card? Apps, data, Cache & Dalvik-Cache and even System Apps?

One point:
If i configure the cache&system cache to be in internal memory, then the internal memory is quite full, so it's impossible to install bigger apps from play store. This only works, if i keep everything to sd-memory so that the internal memory is free. Now I found the setting "System > Storage Treshold". Would this one help with this problem?
But the max. setting is 10% (=20MB on Nexus1). Would that help even with bigger apps (> 20 MB) to install?

I now have all (except system apps) moved to sd, so that i can install bigger apps from play store, but my Nexus One it now very slow and constantly removing Apps from memory etc.

Who can give some hints?

Regards, Marc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm not sure really. I thought it was another way of doing it, but thanks for the info. If I flash it through recovery, you're saying that it won't give me any errors?

Nope, you should be fine with that. However, I recommend you flash it on right after you flash the ROM and before you install any apps.