[Q] Taiwan vs UK model.

Search This thread

shinshoryuken

Nov 8, 2011
I know the Taiwan model is slightly bigger, but is there anything else that's different?
Any issues with either model?

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
Sony Xperia Pro-I
I don't think the Taiwan model is bigger. The Chinese model is and it has plastic around the sides instead of aluminum. I've got the Taiwan model and have no issues. Haven't seen a UK model yet.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rshaokh

Mar 28, 2011
I don't think the Taiwan model is bigger. The Chinese model is and it has plastic around the sides instead of aluminum. I've got the Taiwan model and have no issues. Haven't seen a UK model yet.

Is yours not the L50T model? Do you have the 3 mic holes and lanyard slot at the bottom of your phone? I've been reading a few threads in the accessories section (screen protectors) and some are saying that their screen protectors aren't fitting their Taiwan Z2 due to it being too long (some said that they needed the longer version from China models).

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Is yours not the L50T model? Do you have the 3 mic holes and lanyard slot at the bottom of your phone? I've been reading a few threads in the accessories section (screen protectors) and some are saying that their screen protectors aren't fitting their Taiwan Z2 due to it being too long (some said that they needed the longer version from China models).

I do not have the L50T. Taiwan unlocked version is not China Mobile version.

robt772000

Mar 21, 2010
That's right. Taiwan and UK versions are the same. I have a Chinese nillkin case. Its too tall and the holes are wrong.

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
That's right. Taiwan and UK versions are the same. I have a Chinese nillkin case. Its too tall and the holes are wrong.

China has 2 different models, one for China Mobile(use TD LTE), one for China Unicom, the Unicom model is called L50u, it is exactly same as the international modelL50w.
When you order, be more specific, tell the seller you want the one for the China Unicom, they will know.

The L50T dimension is 149x73.3x8.2, L50u and L50w are 146.8x73.3x8.2, longer by2.2mm.

Last edited:

Addol

Aug 2, 2013
Hi, to avoid a new thread I'd like to ask a few questions:
For europe (italy) use which china version is better? L50u, l50t or l50w?

Does it come with official rom and gapps or I need to unlock it? Had htc one m7 802t and got to many troubles to get gapps.
If it comes with a custom rom, how do I update it?

Do the 3 missing holes worse the phone somehow?

Thanks!

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design

Does it come with official rom and gapps or I need to unlock it? Had htc one m7 802t and got to many troubles to get gapps.

Thanks!

all Z2 versions are about the same, small minor differences with design and board,
the differences arent going to make majour issues

try getting one for your region to avoid sim issues

gapps it comes with by default

updating the stock rom can be updated through OTA or sony PC companion

custom rom updating... it has to be an app or something within the rom its self or you can do it the usual way which is flashing a new version of the rom

also by the way the you cant do much at all without a custom kernel containing recovery, and you cant have that without unlocking the bootloader

Last edited:

Addol

Aug 2, 2013
all Z2 versions are about the same, small minor differences with design and board,
the differences arent going to make majour issues

try getting one for your region to avoid sim issues

gapps it comes with by default

updating the stock rom can be updated through OTA or sony PC companion

custom rom updating... it has to be an app or something within the rom its self or you can do it the usual way which is flashing a new version of the rom

also by the way the you cant do much at all without a custom kernel containing recovery, and you cant have that without unlocking the bootloader

Sim lock shouldn't be a problem, might ask the seller first tho!

I was more worried about being stuck with a chinese rom (like the m7 802t) and forced to flash a custom rom.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Sim lock shouldn't be a problem, might ask the seller first tho!

I was more worried about being stuck with a chinese rom (like the m7 802t) and forced to flash a custom rom.

i think you may be, im not too sure, the good part about most xperia roms are that they have multiple languages and if you get a generic asian device then it wont be sim locked
not sure about mobile net bands

try googleing or perhaps someone with a asian model can help

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis

Thanks!
L50w
You will get this one
http://www.gizmobolt.com/2014/03/30/xperia-z2-vs-xperia-z2-china-mobile-4g-unicom-design-comparison/

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
Does it come with gapps or have to be rooted? There are no infos on the software :/

It seems it has no 4g, only 3g.

depends on the batch you gets, check in General threads you will see a post [ defect/ issues with batch ] so far the 14w20 is apparently good :3
you have to check personally for the gaps please refer the thread i just suggest, your bootloader should be unlock for rooting else you can't and if will brick your device :)