Best S-pen replacement for long writing sessions?

Search This thread

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah! What I point is that, for nearly the same price, you can get a pen that feels like a real ball pen, and so is more confortable for long writing sessions, and has an additional feature.

So, for me at least, it's more appealing than just a holder, but it's, of course, a personal preference, not a rule for everyone. I'm sorry if I give this understanding on my previous repply. At all, my english isn't very good, as you can see.
I just edited my last post to point out that the first two reviews on that Amazon page indicate that it is not comfortable without an additional holder and there are some issues using it with the Note 8.0.

But I agree that it depends on what you are looking for and what is important to you.

ramjet73

Harlley Sathler

Jul 23, 2011
I just edited my last post to point out that the first two reviews on that Amazon page indicate that it is not comfortable without an additional holder and there are some issues using it with the Note 8.0.

But I agree that it depends on what you are looking for and what is important to you.

ramjet73

Yes, it's exactly this one! Did you read all the reviews? There's no consensus among the reviewers. Some Note 8 users say it works perfectly while some say it has problems.

I received mine some days ago and was trying it to post my opinion here. Based on my use (primarily for handwrite and doodleing) it's very comfortable at hand. Its grip is better than the stock, the matte texture feels good and the leftside button is more soft to press. The black and white nib feels better on screen too. It's not as sensitive as the stock but I found on google that this can be calibrated in the stylus itself. The eraser is a nice touch, despite I just could use it on the S Note. Unfortunately mine has the little offset and this I don't know how can be fixed (or if can be fixed). But it's possible to live with this, at least for me.

Considering it's a relative cheap stylus it performs well.

alan010010

Nov 17, 2020
Spen from note 8 phone

I use Spen from note 8 phone. It is marvelous, it is not stack one the screen as the original spen
Have a lovely day :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would be delighted to see the comparison picture! I am in no hurry to buy the 8pi so I'll wait till you get the time to upload! In the meantime, I will try to learn the ropes of my newly acquired Note 8! :)

Here you go. I guess the 8pi is shorter than I remembered. I didn't have a longer pencil for comparison, sorry. I think it should still help to see it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app
    Bamboo stylus feel

For anyone still looking for a replacement, the bamboo stylus feel works perfectly (link below) without any offset. IMO it works much better than the built in stylus, both in terms of holding/gripping it and in terms of sensitivity and precision and also the button is much easier to press and has a better tactile feel.
    http://www.wacom.com/en/us/everyday/bamboo-stylus-feel-samsung-galaxy-note
    The one sold on amazon is a different model(SKU:CS300UK) whereas the link above( SKU:CS300UK2) is the one for the galaxy note 8. This is the one that is 2mm shorter than the amazon or bestbuy version. And it comes in a blue and white box(as opposed to the black and white one for the former).
    I had earlier bought the one from amazon too and that version has the offset everyone is talking about, but this one I bought directly from Wacom does not. Couldn't find this version sold anywhere else though( looked at bestbuy/ office depot)..
    Hope this helps.
    How is it in comparison with: http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Samsung-Windows-Tablets/dp/B00BVUQZZ2

Is the 8pi pen heavier and thicker than the original? I think I need the pen to be a bit thicker and lot longer for my hand to be comfortable when writing with it.

The 8pi is thicker than the built in pen, but may not be any heavier, it's still very light. I can't use the built in pen, it feels like writing with a toothpick. But I am comfortable using the 8pi.

The Bamboo pen is thicker and heavier than the 8pi, however most of the extra weight is in the cap, so I did not find it more comfortable. It does look better, and could be more comfortable if you have very big hands. I actually find the 8pi more comfortable. I live in the US, and the Bamboo Feel pen models sold on this side of the pond are different than those sold in Europe. Apparently you can get a Bamboo Feel Pen made to work with the Note 8 in Europe and have no offset. The Bamboo Feel models available in the US (even if they say they work with Samsung tablets), have a significant offset. By offset, I mean the pen doesn't write exactly where the tip touches the tablet. This offset can be reduced by shortening the plastic tip, but I was not able to eliminate it. Others (in Europe), report that a different model is sold there without this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Could someone post a pic of the "blue box?" I have been searching around for it and want to know what it looks like when I try to order this thing.
    Picture of the box.
    pume3eby.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    The consensus is that this version of the stylus is only available either from the Wacom website store or the UK?

I'm not sure about UK, but basically you have to get the sku:CS300UK2. If you can find it anywhere else then thats great, but when I was looking I didn't find it anywhere else.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk