[OFFICIAL]CM10 Official Nightlies for D2VZW GSIII

Search This thread

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
See the 9-11-12 Cyanogenmod Announcement at bottom of post! There are now regular Nightlies you are used to and now the M-Series Roms, I will let the CM Team speak for it themselves as to what it is, see quote and link at bottom of post.

As of 8-18-12, the Verizon Galaxy S III, yes the one with the formerly locked bootloader that everyone loved to hate, has now been accepted into the Official CM10 Jelly Bean Nightly builds. Bookmark THIS PAGE to check for the latest nightlies. Many thanks to everyone involved in getting the d2vzw this far including you, African Canadian Sock Monkey!

Official Announcement from Cyanogenmod 8-18-12
Today we kick off the nightly builds of the CM10 JellyBean code branch, builds will show up later this evening.

CM9 nightly builds for devices that don't receive a CM10 nightly will continue (for the meantime) but we are changing the timing on them to be once a week instead (aka weeklies). This will allow a means for us to test bug fixes and the like as they get merged into the ICS branch - as stated before, the CM9 branch is in an otherwise perpetual code-freeze.

The devices receiving CM10 nightlies this evening include (but aren't limited to):

# The US SGS3 variants
# The Galaxy Nexus variants
# The Nexus S varaints
# The Nexus 7
# The Transformer and Transformer Prime
# The SGS1 variants (Vibrant, Captivate, International, and i9000b)
# The SGS2 i9100g
# P3 and P5 tablets

Other devices will join the roster as they become ready and gain their maintainers blessing for nightlies.

Edit d2vzw nightlies will require the insecure bootloader. See http://goo.gl/CST0K

Source

I didn't see a thread for this so I figured I would go ahead and create this thread for the discussion and following of the d2vzw Official CM10 Jelly Bean Nightlies. Our maintainer cvpcs has stated that the initial official nightlies may not have all of the fixes such as MMS fix in them until those fixes are merged into the official tree.

YOU MUST BE ROOTED:
I recommend using the Casual app from Adam in THIS THREAD.

YOU MUST BE UNLOCKED:
As stated the official version of CM10 nightlies for d2vzw requires you be on an unlocked Verizon GSIII. As an alternative to the Casual method Adam posted up, you can now unlock your device using a simple one-click app made by fellow dev mmmeff called VZW GS3 EZ-Unlock on the play store.

YOU MUST BE RUNNING A CUSTOM RECOVERY:
Also see his EZ-Recovery for VZW Galaxy S3 app for the easiest way to load any custom recovery you want. Please note the Touch CWM 5.8.4.9 available in the app doesn't play nice with CM10. Don't use it. I personally recommend using the CWM (non-touch) versions such as 6.0.1.2. If you prefer 6.0.1.2 Touch and want to flash it using the EZ-Recovery app using the "custom" option, simply flash this file using the app.

If you would rather not use that app, see THIS THREAD for CWM 6.0.1.2 files and install instructions.

Can I use TWRP recovery to flash this Rom?

Don't see why not. As usual, make sure you have a nandroid just in case. I previously stated TWRP Data Wipe was broken. Which is only partially true, because it FAILS for a REASON. If it worked it would format our internal sdcard! Proper use of TWRP would be to use the Factory Reset option which should take care of things. The Format Data option would be rather dangerous if it worked. So there you go.. It should work as well as CWM. More of a preference thing. You can find TWRP 2.2.2.0 in THIS THREAD. If you like using mmmeff's EZ-Recovery app and want to flash TWRP 2.2.2.0 using the custom option, use this file.

BECAUSE WE ARE NOW UNLOCKED, WE NO LONGER REQUIRE OR USE ANYTHING KEXEC
* In case anyone is still running CWM 6.0.1.0 from the kexec kernel days it is fine to use still. It functions as a standard custom recovery but had the additional ability to run kexec enabled kernels. So you can continue to use it or upgrade to another version. Because we are unlocked you are free to use any recovery now and Kexec is no longer applied.

So now all you need to do is root your phone, load up those two apps, load the recovery (i recommend the newest TWRP 2.2.2.0), unlock the device, and download and install the latest nightly in recovery.

GOOGLE APPS (including Play Store) ARE NOT INCLUDED IN OFFICIAL CM:
Make sure you also have a copy of the CWM flashable Google Apps on your ext sdcard which can be found HERE thanks to our friends at goo.im because CM doesn't come with Google Apps by default.
If you do a complete wipe and install an official CM10 build clean and you still have gapps remaining without having ever installed a gapps package, you likely didn't get a clean wipe. Recommend rebooting and wiping again and re-install.

WILL I LOSE MY IMEI IF I FLASH THIS?:
Is there still a chance to lose your imei with these?

There is a chance you will lose your IMEI on these devices any time you flash anything. If you are not willing to accept the risk inherent in flashing your device, regardless of what you are flashing or what you are worried about, then DONT FLASH ANYTHING, remain stock, and locked. If you want to read more on the "how to" for IMEI backup and restore, see THIS THREAD for latest IMEI discussions and detailed methods for backup and restore.

CM OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES DO INCLUDE A KERNEL:
Do the nightlies flash a kernel? I'm on imo's leankernel and just needed to know if I need to flash a non-kexec one or if it does it itself?

Yes. If you want to try custom kernels on CM10, it is of course at your own risk.

Flash, MMS, NFC or Native Tethering work on these builds?

Let's put it this way. They have all worked at some point or another. Then you have the fact that so many people posting here are contaminating the results with comments about unofficial builds and people that are flashing using different methods, etc......There's no good way for me to track and update this portion accurately. If you rely on any single feature to work properly, you are using the wrong ROM. Go back to stock. If you are flashing Nightlies of anykind you should expect things that have worked all along, some days will be broken. So the best thing to do is try it yourself and report here for others to see. These might be official nightlies but it's still very BETA and WIP (Work In Progress) and should be treated as such.

MMS WORKS
I can confirm personally as of the 8-20 build MMS is working and persistent after a reboot!

NFC WORKS
NFC fix found here.

WPA/WPA2 Native Tethering WORKS
You can flash the file in THIS POST to fix native tethering with WPA/WPA2 security intact.

FLASH WORKS
Sideload the newest Adobe Flash app found in THIS THREAD to get Flash on Jelly Bean. Of course you must have "Unknown Sources" enabled in Settings->Security to sideload any apk

If things change, let me know via PM, I'll try to update the OP.

UNOFFICIAL ALPHA BUILD THREAD IS OVER HERE.

In that thread you can find discussion and info on the unofficial alpha builds by people such as cvpcs, invisiblek, dhacker and others who have been part of the efforts to get us to where we are today. Their contributions are invaluable. Those builds right now may actually run smoother and have less bugs because they are UNOFFICIAL which means they can do what's called "cherry picking" and include code that has not been committed into the OFFICIAL builds yet. The official build may or may not have all those features. They are sometimes different ROMs functionally.

Now that we have an Official Nightly build in order to not confuse people please take Alpha Unofficial talk to that thread. Please keep posts here on topic and relevant to the Official Nightly builds. Things that work on those doesn't work on these and vice-versa.

CHANGELOG IS HERE and UnOfficial CM10 Bugtracker is HERE

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
UPDATE, Official Announcement from Cyanogen Mod, M-Series Roms Announcement 9-11-12

Something we have learned over the past few months is that if you don’t release, someone else will do it for you. Since we are open-source, we absolutely encourage it! Unfortunately, the quality of unofficial builds can vary, and we are serious about quality. Of course nightlies are always available, but we realized that having something that is a bit more stable on a more frequent basis is important. Starting now, we are rolling out our M-Series releases. M-Series builds will be done at the beginning of every month. We did a soft freeze of the codebase for the last week, blocking new features in order to stabilize. Our plan is to continue this (assuming that the response is good) up until stable release, and onward.

We aren’t exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

M-Series builds will be available under the EXPERIMENTAL tag. The filename will include the date stamp as well as the M version. These builds should be stable enough for daily use, and we encourage feedback and bug reports.

Tonight’s M1 build is available for these devices:

Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro)
Galaxy Nexus VZW (toro)
Galaxy Nexus Sprint (toroplus)
Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G (i9100g)
Galaxy S (galaxysmtd)
Galaxy S B (galaxysbmtd)
Captivate (captivatemtd)
Galaxy S3 Sprint (d2spr)
Galaxy S3 VZW (d2vzw)
Galaxy S3 AT&T (d2att)
Galaxy S3 TMO (d2tmo)
Galaxy S3 US Cellular (d2usc)
Nexus S (crespo)
Nexus S 4G (crespo4g)
Galaxy Note AT&T (quincyatt)
Google Nexus 7 (grouper)
Sony Xperia Acro S (hikari)
Sony Xperia S (nozomi)
In standard CM style, we will continue to add devices as time goes on up until our stable release.

Head over to Get.CM to grab the latest build for your device. Installation instructions and other documentation can always be found at the CM Wiki and help is always close at hand over on our official forums.

Happy flashing!

Source

If you need a more general "all things GSIII guide" to bail out of a problem, or to do other things that aren't necessarily CM10 specific, I highly recommend THIS THREAD

Last edited:

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
So to start it off I'd like to know if anyone is running the cm-10-20120818-NIGHTLY-d2vzw.zip build from early this morning? Does it have the MMS fix? Is it significantly different from the alpha builds we have been running for a couple weeks?

Last edited:

Immolate

Apr 30, 2011
Daytona
Flashed this directly over my Synergy 1.7 a few hours ago and it's working great.

Make sure you've unlocked your bootloader. I understand there is a one-click in the play store for those who can't bear the horrors of one-clicking on Casual.

Did a factory wipe/cache/dalvik.

I haven't found anything yet that's not working.

I'm running CM on my tenderloin so I'm used to some of the conventions.

Last edited:

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
Do these include google now, if not where can I get it?

Please read the OP. CM never has and never will come with Google Apps, per Cyanogenmod.

Make sure you also have a copy of the CWM flashable Google Apps on your ext sdcard which can be found HERE thanks to our friends at goo.im because CM doesn't come with Play Store by default.

Reactions: Eric_L_1

Schaweet

Aug 2, 2010
Flashed this directly over my Synergy 1.7 a few hours ago and it's working great.

Make sure you've disabled your bootloader. I understand there is a one-click in the play store for those who can't bear the horrors of one-clicking on Casual.

Did a factory wipe/cache/dalvik.

I haven't found anything yet that's not working.

I'm running CM on my tenderloin so I'm used to some of the conventions.

Lol. I'm pretty sure you don't want to disable your bootloader. Now, you do need to unlock your bootloader. The difference is kind of a big deal. Just sayin

Sent from my SGS3 on Synergy Nightlies

tombepa

Jul 14, 2010
Do the nightlies flash a kernel? I'm on imo's leankernel and just needed to know if I need to flash a non-kexec one or if it does it itself?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

XTRoRDiNAiRE

Aug 18, 2007
Harlingen
ive had one random reboot hopefully it was just a once time thing cause im loving this rom..much better than touchwiz
hopefully that flickering thing when texting gets fixed soon cause it gets a bit annoying..(ive also noticed that my widgets flicker)

TheBiles

Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
www.flickr.com
Can we update the OP with important commits like the MMS fix when they go through?

Sent from my Galaxy S III

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The ROM comes with a kernel, but you can flash any non-kexec kernel for AOSP ROMs that you want. I'm currently running an AT&T kernel.

caseycclark

Sep 8, 2007
Does your phone number stick after a reboot? CVPCS said that the commit wouldn't be in the first build.

Phone number and MIN are blank for me (after a few reboots). Also, the LTE toggle doesn't seem to function properly. Everything else is working flawlessly; this ROM is definitely a daily-driver. Enjoy!

EDIT: I just realized that MMS isn't working for me....I can live without it for now but those that need it, may want to wait for another build.

Last edited:

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
Thanks. Will this issue ever be fixed?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

The IMEI issue from my personal standpoint and based off of the opinions of the smart guys in IRC, is that it is very possibly a hardware design issue. Samsung could have put the EFS data which contains the IMEI in a non-volatile un-changable part of the memory but it looks as though they left it writable. This means we can try to write it back if we lose it but it also means bad data could be written to it thus erasing it.......that's what I have gotten out of it so far. So every time you flash you take the risk. I seriously doubt any fix will ever officially come because as long as you buy the phone and use it in stock form, you would never see the issue. It's an issue that only affects custom flashers, so don't expect to see a fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

See the 9-11-12 Cyanogenmod Announcement at bottom of post! There are now regular Nightlies you are used to and now the M-Series Roms, I will let the CM Team speak for it themselves as to what it is, see quote and link at bottom of post.

As of 8-18-12, the Verizon Galaxy S III, yes the one with the formerly locked bootloader that everyone loved to hate, has now been accepted into the Official CM10 Jelly Bean Nightly builds. Bookmark THIS PAGE to check for the latest nightlies. Many thanks to everyone involved in getting the d2vzw this far including you, African Canadian Sock Monkey!

Official Announcement from Cyanogenmod 8-18-12
    Today we kick off the nightly builds of the CM10 JellyBean code branch, builds will show up later this evening.

CM9 nightly builds for devices that don't receive a CM10 nightly will continue (for the meantime) but we are changing the timing on them to be once a week instead (aka weeklies). This will allow a means for us to test bug fixes and the like as they get merged into the ICS branch - as stated before, the CM9 branch is in an otherwise perpetual code-freeze.

The devices receiving CM10 nightlies this evening include (but aren't limited to):

# The US SGS3 variants
    # The Galaxy Nexus variants
    # The Nexus S varaints
    # The Nexus 7
    # The Transformer and Transformer Prime
    # The SGS1 variants (Vibrant, Captivate, International, and i9000b)
    # The SGS2 i9100g
    # P3 and P5 tablets

Other devices will join the roster as they become ready and gain their maintainers blessing for nightlies.

Edit d2vzw nightlies will require the insecure bootloader. See http://goo.gl/CST0K

Source

I didn't see a thread for this so I figured I would go ahead and create this thread for the discussion and following of the d2vzw Official CM10 Jelly Bean Nightlies. Our maintainer cvpcs has stated that the initial official nightlies may not have all of the fixes such as MMS fix in them until those fixes are merged into the official tree.

YOU MUST BE ROOTED:
    I recommend using the Casual app from Adam in THIS THREAD.

YOU MUST BE UNLOCKED:
    As stated the official version of CM10 nightlies for d2vzw requires you be on an unlocked Verizon GSIII. As an alternative to the Casual method Adam posted up, you can now unlock your device using a simple one-click app made by fellow dev mmmeff called VZW GS3 EZ-Unlock on the play store.

YOU MUST BE RUNNING A CUSTOM RECOVERY:
    Also see his EZ-Recovery for VZW Galaxy S3 app for the easiest way to load any custom recovery you want. Please note the Touch CWM 5.8.4.9 available in the app doesn't play nice with CM10. Don't use it. I personally recommend using the CWM (non-touch) versions such as 6.0.1.2. If you prefer 6.0.1.2 Touch and want to flash it using the EZ-Recovery app using the "custom" option, simply flash this file using the app.

If you would rather not use that app, see THIS THREAD for CWM 6.0.1.2 files and install instructions.

Can I use TWRP recovery to flash this Rom?

Don't see why not. As usual, make sure you have a nandroid just in case. I previously stated TWRP Data Wipe was broken. Which is only partially true, because it FAILS for a REASON. If it worked it would format our internal sdcard! Proper use of TWRP would be to use the Factory Reset option which should take care of things. The Format Data option would be rather dangerous if it worked. So there you go.. It should work as well as CWM. More of a preference thing. You can find TWRP 2.2.2.0 in THIS THREAD. If you like using mmmeff's EZ-Recovery app and want to flash TWRP 2.2.2.0 using the custom option, use this file.

BECAUSE WE ARE NOW UNLOCKED, WE NO LONGER REQUIRE OR USE ANYTHING KEXEC
    * In case anyone is still running CWM 6.0.1.0 from the kexec kernel days it is fine to use still. It functions as a standard custom recovery but had the additional ability to run kexec enabled kernels. So you can continue to use it or upgrade to another version. Because we are unlocked you are free to use any recovery now and Kexec is no longer applied.

So now all you need to do is root your phone, load up those two apps, load the recovery (i recommend the newest TWRP 2.2.2.0), unlock the device, and download and install the latest nightly in recovery.

GOOGLE APPS (including Play Store) ARE NOT INCLUDED IN OFFICIAL CM:
    Make sure you also have a copy of the CWM flashable Google Apps on your ext sdcard which can be found HERE thanks to our friends at goo.im because CM doesn't come with Google Apps by default.
    If you do a complete wipe and install an official CM10 build clean and you still have gapps remaining without having ever installed a gapps package, you likely didn't get a clean wipe. Recommend rebooting and wiping again and re-install.

WILL I LOSE MY IMEI IF I FLASH THIS?:
    Is there still a chance to lose your imei with these?

There is a chance you will lose your IMEI on these devices any time you flash anything. If you are not willing to accept the risk inherent in flashing your device, regardless of what you are flashing or what you are worried about, then DONT FLASH ANYTHING, remain stock, and locked. If you want to read more on the "how to" for IMEI backup and restore, see THIS THREAD for latest IMEI discussions and detailed methods for backup and restore.

CM OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES DO INCLUDE A KERNEL:

Yes. If you want to try custom kernels on CM10, it is of course at your own risk.

Flash, MMS, NFC or Native Tethering work on these builds?

Let's put it this way. They have all worked at some point or another. Then you have the fact that so many people posting here are contaminating the results with comments about unofficial builds and people that are flashing using different methods, etc......There's no good way for me to track and update this portion accurately. If you rely on any single feature to work properly, you are using the wrong ROM. Go back to stock. If you are flashing Nightlies of anykind you should expect things that have worked all along, some days will be broken. So the best thing to do is try it yourself and report here for others to see. These might be official nightlies but it's still very BETA and WIP (Work In Progress) and should be treated as such.

MMS WORKS
    I can confirm personally as of the 8-20 build MMS is working and persistent after a reboot!

NFC WORKS
    NFC fix found here.

WPA/WPA2 Native Tethering WORKS
    You can flash the file in THIS POST to fix native tethering with WPA/WPA2 security intact.

FLASH WORKS
    Sideload the newest Adobe Flash app found in THIS THREAD to get Flash on Jelly Bean. Of course you must have "Unknown Sources" enabled in Settings->Security to sideload any apk

If things change, let me know via PM, I'll try to update the OP.

UNOFFICIAL ALPHA BUILD THREAD IS OVER HERE.

In that thread you can find discussion and info on the unofficial alpha builds by people such as cvpcs, invisiblek, dhacker and others who have been part of the efforts to get us to where we are today. Their contributions are invaluable. Those builds right now may actually run smoother and have less bugs because they are UNOFFICIAL which means they can do what's called "cherry picking" and include code that has not been committed into the OFFICIAL builds yet. The official build may or may not have all those features. They are sometimes different ROMs functionally.

Now that we have an Official Nightly build in order to not confuse people please take Alpha Unofficial talk to that thread. Please keep posts here on topic and relevant to the Official Nightly builds. Things that work on those doesn't work on these and vice-versa.

CHANGELOG IS HERE and UnOfficial CM10 Bugtracker is HERE

UPDATE, Official Announcement from Cyanogen Mod, M-Series Roms Announcement 9-11-12

Something we have learned over the past few months is that if you don’t release, someone else will do it for you. Since we are open-source, we absolutely encourage it! Unfortunately, the quality of unofficial builds can vary, and we are serious about quality. Of course nightlies are always available, but we realized that having something that is a bit more stable on a more frequent basis is important. Starting now, we are rolling out our M-Series releases. M-Series builds will be done at the beginning of every month. We did a soft freeze of the codebase for the last week, blocking new features in order to stabilize. Our plan is to continue this (assuming that the response is good) up until stable release, and onward.

We aren’t exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

M-Series builds will be available under the EXPERIMENTAL tag. The filename will include the date stamp as well as the M version. These builds should be stable enough for daily use, and we encourage feedback and bug reports.

Tonight’s M1 build is available for these devices:

Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro)
    Galaxy Nexus VZW (toro)
    Galaxy Nexus Sprint (toroplus)
    Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G (i9100g)
    Galaxy S (galaxysmtd)
    Galaxy S B (galaxysbmtd)
    Captivate (captivatemtd)
    Galaxy S3 Sprint (d2spr)
    Galaxy S3 VZW (d2vzw)
    Galaxy S3 AT&T (d2att)
    Galaxy S3 TMO (d2tmo)
    Galaxy S3 US Cellular (d2usc)
    Nexus S (crespo)
    Nexus S 4G (crespo4g)
    Galaxy Note AT&T (quincyatt)
    Google Nexus 7 (grouper)
    Sony Xperia Acro S (hikari)
    Sony Xperia S (nozomi)
    In standard CM style, we will continue to add devices as time goes on up until our stable release.

Head over to Get.CM to grab the latest build for your device. Installation instructions and other documentation can always be found at the CM Wiki and help is always close at hand over on our official forums.

Happy flashing!

Source

If you need a more general "all things GSIII guide" to bail out of a problem, or to do other things that aren't necessarily CM10 specific, I highly recommend THIS THREAD
    Alright people heres the deal. im going lay this down once.

1.these are nightlies there are bugs in them.
    2. dont like how bugs arent being fixed? send in a report or how ever cm does it
    3. you think you can fix it? do it an stop $%^&*$#@!
    4. how do you know that the cm team isnt working on the issues???? huh can you tell me?? no. then be quiet!
    5. if see anymore *****ing,whining,complaing. im going to lock this down.​

Yall are really starting to piss me off!!! get along or get out of here. i dont want your drama,xda doesnt want it nor do the users. Take that crap to facebook or twitter, go complain to them on their. maybe they will actually read it
    Well, he should grow some thicker skin and not take it personally, because people post about what's not working so others can decide whether or not they can live with the latest set of bugs and caveats.

You know what's really annoying? People being disingenuous and posting about how awesome a buggy rom is. That's ultimately what the problem is here, folks. People clamor over how amazing CM10 is and throw five golden stars and rave reviews everywhere, others read this, take the time to blow their phone up with a set of great expectations, and then immediately find several very annoying deal-breaking issues. I personally carry a stock and reliable second phone (iphone 5!) so a bad nightly doesn't ruin my day, but I can see how incredibly frustrating the regressions are for others when they rely on false input from people who flat out lie about how great the rom is.

The fact is, you have two groups of people here: Light users and power users. Light users should not be commenting on how amazing everything is. Users who live in notoriously reliable signal-rich areas (like me) should not be commenting on how stable the radio or data connections are. I traveled with my phone last week to a different part of the country and was mortified by how poor the data connectivity was in a spotty area.

Let's face it: The d2vzw CM10 has been consistently and extremely broken since the first nightly. There were a few good builds and it really showed promise, but I feel that if I hang on any longer I will become that battered wife who hopes my abusive husband will change.

Sorry dude, but this is probably one of the larger loads of sh*t I've read on here. The problem isn't people reporting feature x or y doesn't work. That's productive and what the thread is all about. The comments you're defending of "this ROM sucks ass and I'm leaving!" do absolutely nothing. You really want to get into power user status? Read the damn thread and you wouldn't even have brought it up. I utilize every feature my phone has to offer on every build. Updated nightly, from a fully clean install. 16 hrs of use, BT streaming while on 3 hrs of GPS guidance in and out of service constantly. Need I go on and on here? The ROM works for me. I'll post an effin video of it running fine if it shuts you up about it. I'm posting that it works for me because guess what? It DOES work for me.

What I don't understand is that reading the hate mail in here, a lot of people seem to be getting the " this ROM sucks ass, doesn't work, is getting worse, nothing is being done about it, I'm effin angry and not putting up with it anymore!" type of attitude. What I don't understand is why you're still here?!?! I don't go filling up another thread about all the bugs it has and demand that I deserve better or that people shouldnt defend the ROM features that work for them and show support for the ROM. That's why I just leave and go back to what works. You have a problem with it, ask for help. What's up with the "we shall rise up against cm because they owe us" mentality?

If a feature does work for one person, and not for another person, do we say it works or that it doesn't? Should we say that it just doesn't work, and it is a magical miracle that made it work for some people? Or is it likely that something went wrong somewhere along the lines? Maybe bad install. Maybe someone needs a clean install. Or system formatted. Or multi-wipe performed?

I feel the last few pages tell new users that they basically should 100% walk away from this ROM. There seems to be problems with people getting false hopes? Because things work for me? In your point, you seemed to be doing exactly exactly what you preach against.

You have that big of a problem with cm10? Walk away, its not worth the trouble.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    how to fix the the artifacts that got included starting in 10/17 with transitions and

how to fix the the artifacts that got included starting in 10/17 with transitions and and youtube....

open Root explorer or Solid explorer (any filemanager with root access will do)

edit /system/build.prop

change this line from

debug.composition.type=dyn

to

debug.composition.type=gpu

reboot
    Regarding "newbs" vs "experienced crackers":

I am neither a newb nor a pro, but I do have something to say. No matter how many times you guys repeat it, I am not going to do a clean install every night. But know too that I am not going to simply complain about issues after doing a dirty flash. We have two extremes here that can be reconciled by some common sense:

1) If you are doing "dirty flashes" of these nightly builds (and I think it's perfectly reasonable to do so), then you should spend some time testing your phone before posting problems. Sometimes issues that occur immediately after a dirty flash are corrected after the phone settles or after a reboot. Also makes sure you have followed the steps correctly; that you have indeed cleared both the cache and dalvik cache, and tried a few basic troubleshooting tips like fixing permissions, rebooting, checking your settings, etc. Also make sure you troubleshoot using the stock cm10 kernel since flashing a custom kernel can cause problems that are unique to that flash.

2) Once you have done that and still encounter problems, I think it's perfectly reasonable to post your experience after a "dirty flash", makings ure to note that you have dirty flashed. Without complaining and asking why something isn't fixed, it seems reasonable to place a feeler out there for others who have dirty flashed. If no one else is experiencing the issue, then you'll be advised to do a clean flash. If everyone is experiencing the issue, then we can bounce off of each other to see if it's cleared up by doing a clean flash.

I realize there are purists who will not accept anything other than a clean flash every time. And while that's fine for you, I don't think it's fair to expect everyone to do this every night (or every time they flash). I *do* think it's fair to ask those who dirty flash to try a clean flash before complaining about issues and problems. But I don't think that means they shouldn't post at all before trying a clean flash; I think posting experiences after a dirty flash are perfectly reasonable as long as they are qualified and cordial.

As always, this is my opinion on the matter and not the last word. :cowboy: