Book Readers for Nook HD/HD+

Search This thread

king200

Feb 13, 2012
Using the android CM 10.2 installs, there have been problems noted for getting the Nook Reader and the crashing of the Amazon Kindle App. I'm doing this thread so a not to hijack the Kindle thread in Q&A.

Reading is the main thing I do with the HD. Not a gamer and but do like browsing, Email, and texting(Mighty Text). I use the Moon plus reader books I read. The app can be used for .epub, .mobi, pdf, and almost all the other formats for books. The books can be stored in any folder(s) you specify on your device or Dropbox. You can synchronize reading on different devices too. It formats the text well enough that I can actually use my phone to read. I don't know if it can keep track of different people reading and using the same device.

As far as I'm concerned, the Moon+ Reader is THE best but it is a paid app. I just looked and it's on Sale for $2.50! http://moondownload.com/

Reactions: NookE and bpaulien

bpaulien

Jan 10, 2013
Columbus
Thanks for the tip on mighty text. I was wondering if that was possible to do texting from the tablet. I think I may give it a try.

And I have the free version of moon+. This might be the time to buy the full version.

Sent from my LG-LS855 using xda app-developers app

walter909

May 28, 2010
EBookDroid imo

Moon-Reader seems a bit slow flipping through the pages on a PDF , it sorta bugs me
EBookDroid imho is the much better it lets you change a lot of settings for example preload the pages of the PDF ahead of time so by the time you scroll down there already rendered .. It also has the ability to read comics, browse your local network and best of all its free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ebookdroid&hl=en

Sherip

Jan 26, 2012
Get Overdrive and check out epubs from your affiliated local library.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM 10.2 from SD card

Reactions: dagem

Anniraff

Aug 9, 2011
You might try Zo reader. I've been using it on my NC for over a year and now added it to the readers on my HD+. Works a treat.

Darrian

Feb 25, 2011
OnePlus 9

A little late to the party here, but I wanted to add that you don't only have to use Overdrive for checked out books. I use Calibre Companion, and when I try to open a book after importing it from Calibre I have the option to use Overdrive as the reader. Then Overdrive will import it and, viola! It's really very simple and painless. The only possible drawback is that you end up with 2 copies of the book: one in the folder you have set for Calibre Companion to save its books, and one in the Overdrive folder. This probably only works for epubs. Overdrive is by far the best epub reader I have found for Android besides the built-in reader in the stock Nook firmware, and it's free. (There are a couple other promising epub readers, SlickPub and Fabrik, but I don't think either of them are where they need to be yet).

GMTN

Jul 6, 2012
Aldiko, and Mantano but I like the layout and shelf view of Aldiko the best.

adam_ky

Feb 3, 2014
I love mantano reader... It seemsbuilt better than any other i have tried

ckran

Oct 25, 2010
Nook Reader

I actually like the Nook Android app for its clean user interface, easy look up function, choice of font sizes, search, etc.
However it can't be installed on CM 10 or 11 directly from the Google Play store... not compatible with the device. But I copied it from my phone and side loaded it easily. Why is that? I don't know. Other than the irony.

JohnnyMcG

Feb 27, 2014
High Desert CA
E-everything Reader?

I have moon reader right now as my go to reader. I'm looking for a E-reader that can read all sorts of different file types. Does anyone know of a book reader that can read everything from comics to E-pub's and everything in between?

Trekker56

Dec 21, 2010
+1 for Moon reader.

I like the fact that it can synchronize my reading position over multiple devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using the android CM 10.2 installs, there have been problems noted for getting the Nook Reader and the crashing of the Amazon Kindle App. I'm doing this thread so a not to hijack the Kindle thread in Q&A.

Reading is the main thing I do with the HD. Not a gamer and but do like browsing, Email, and texting(Mighty Text). I use the Moon plus reader books I read. The app can be used for .epub, .mobi, pdf, and almost all the other formats for books. The books can be stored in any folder(s) you specify on your device or Dropbox. You can synchronize reading on different devices too. It formats the text well enough that I can actually use my phone to read. I don't know if it can keep track of different people reading and using the same device.

As far as I'm concerned, the Moon+ Reader is THE best but it is a paid app. I just looked and it's on Sale for $2.50! http://moondownload.com/