[Q] Wildfire S 2.3.5 update issues

Search This thread

kvasnevsky

Oct 21, 2008
Riga
Hi All
Does anybody else got Wildfire S almost unusable after update to 2.3.5? UI is extremely laggy, animations (especially when using clocks with weather) are fragmented and you can see some rectangular overlays instead of pictures, keyboard blinks, so you can hardly type anything, etc., etc.
Factory reset doesn't solve the problem.

intel007

Nov 21, 2011
Kent/London
How did you install the update? Ruu or ota?

try this

factory reset

Download The ruu from shipped rom's thread

Then install through your PC.

If this is how you installed it already it may have just been an unlucky/bad flash, in which case try again.

kvasnevsky

Oct 21, 2008
Riga
It was OTA. But now it doesn't connect to PC - not in Sync or Drive modes...
Looks like HTC service is the only answer.

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

abhikickass

Dec 14, 2011
how to know which ruu we have to download..???
saw the FOOTBALL shipped rom'd...
but they got no explaination which rom we have to download and update...
just downloaded one(randon) and it says error 131...update not for your phone...help!

intel007

Nov 21, 2011
Kent/London
just downloaded one(randon) and it says error 131...update not for your phone...help!

Depends on region and language required.

If you want English or European languages download the latest euro 2.13.*** it will remove operator bloatware too. But you will have to create a goldcard or you'll get error.

Check the stickies for tutorials.

miguelca

Jun 15, 2010
Portugal
Google Pixel 7a

If you have a HTC Wildfire S A510e (GSM) try to download the file with this name: RUU_Marvel_S_HTC_Europe_2.13.401.2_Radio_47.23a.35.3035H
It's on football's thread.

If you have error 131 while updating you need to create a goldcard in order to install that RUU.
This subject is more than covered in many threads.
If you want instructions on how to create a goldcard try to go here:
http://android.modaco.com/topic/305672-creating-a-goldcard/

Try to do some research first before picking a ROM at random.
There's lots of info here. Sometimes people are just too lazy to search... ;)

Reactions: gocom

gocom

Oct 19, 2011
Hi. I have rooted my Wildfire S and cannot get it to upgrade to 2.3.5 using the Phone-update. It shows a triangle with exclamation mark inside and hangs forever. Can only get out of hang by remove battery. Have asked HTC (not told root) but they can only tell me to format SD-card and factory reset. I will now try via PC and GoldCard made by my XTC-Clip. GoCom DK

Last edited:

acemo

Jan 12, 2012
I tried to update my phone from 1.33.401.2 to 2.13.401.2 with RUU_Marvel_S_HTC_Europe_2.13.401.2_Radio_47.23a.35.3035H_7.53.39.03M_release_225747_signed.exe

I kept getting error 170.
Turned out i had to exit htc sync from the sys tray.

Kavashaki

Jan 12, 2012
Hi All
Does anybody else got Wildfire S almost unusable after update to 2.3.5? UI is extremely laggy, animations (especially when using clocks with weather) are fragmented and you can see some rectangular overlays instead of pictures, keyboard blinks, so you can hardly type anything, etc., etc.
Factory reset doesn't solve the problem.

Hey dude, I registered just to help you out because I had a similar situation with my WFS.
After unlocking the bootloader through htcdev and rooting my phone I had the exact same problems - laggy menus, stuttering animations - all-around-crappy-phone-syndrome. But after I applied some android tweaks to the build.prop file, specifically tweaks from this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1227269), my WFS was smooth as butter.

I applied the following:
Code:
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

You can find the build.prop file in the /system folder. Gotta be rooted to edit it though.
Let me know if it worked for you.

nephertiti

Jul 28, 2011
Istanbul
Anyone getting exclamatory point in triangle after you click install update and reset phone? If you know whats problem please help.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

btw my device is S-Off phone downloaded update automaticly. i tried more then once ,always same error.

friendly12345

Jan 13, 2012
Anyone getting exclamatory point in triangle after you click install update and reset phone? If you know whats problem please help.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

btw my device is S-Off phone downloaded update automaticly. i tried more then once ,always same error.

Hi,
I have the same problem, too. As I read through a lot of post. Look like the install package need to be read by the stock recovery. the CWD recovery can't not extract the install package. That's why it stuck there.
I'm currently looking for the stock recovery to do the job.
But I still not find any.
If you have any news on working this out. please let me know.
Thanks,
Yuan Chen

edanslomo

Jan 6, 2011
Quezon City
Hey dude, I registered just to help you out because I had a similar situation with my WFS.
After unlocking the bootloader through htcdev and rooting my phone I had the exact same problems - laggy menus, stuttering animations - all-around-crappy-phone-syndrome. But after I applied some android tweaks to the build.prop file, specifically tweaks from this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1227269), my WFS was smooth as butter.

I applied the following:
Code:
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

You can find the build.prop file in the /system folder. Gotta be rooted to edit it though.

I have the same issue as the above. However, I tried unlocking the bootloader but was unsuccessful (Image not supported). Now I installed the OTA update and my phone's unusable.

kvasnevsky

Oct 21, 2008
Riga

Actually I gave it to support, so they uploaded "right" ROM (interesting why I got "wrong" one through OTA? Maybe because I bought it through internet shop and phone origin is some Polish operator, so maybe it was tweaked somewhere on the road? Hard to say...)

Now I'm thinking if next OTA should be tried or old one is just good enough...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you have a HTC Wildfire S A510e (GSM) try to download the file with this name: RUU_Marvel_S_HTC_Europe_2.13.401.2_Radio_47.23a.35.3035H
    It's on football's thread.

If you have error 131 while updating you need to create a goldcard in order to install that RUU.
    This subject is more than covered in many threads.
    If you want instructions on how to create a goldcard try to go here:
    http://android.modaco.com/topic/305672-creating-a-goldcard/

Try to do some research first before picking a ROM at random.
    There's lots of info here. Sometimes people are just too lazy to search... ;)