[Q] Rooting Stock Leak 2.3.6 UCLB3

Search This thread

boogman7

Dec 3, 2011
Anyone know how to Root the new Gingerbread 2.3.6 stock leak that was posted? I am talking about UCLB3. I went to "Settings"- "Privacy" - "Factory data reset and was prepared to start over at Froyo. When the phone finished booting up my factory setting is now 2.3.6 UCLB3. I am not a noob but not real experienced either. I spent hours last night trying to root the phone. I want to put the rooted version from Dman on - I couldn't even use ODIN and Heimdall or GTG's unbrick versions to take me backwards. I am on 2.3.6 no matter what I do. Anyone care to help?

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
There is no way to root the new leak... you can flash a rooted kernel, then flash the stock kernel back and you'll retain root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Reactions: Sugar Ray

Sugar Ray

Feb 23, 2012
There is no way to root the new leak... you can flash a rooted kernel, then flash the stock kernel back and you'll retain root

Thanks for your comment. I saw something about that in the UCKK3 stock rom post, I think. That`s an effective way to root the 2.3.6 leak/stock?

Is that the way to do it? odin>flash pda only with auto-reboot and f.reset time>flash again the stock kernel (pda only). Is this right?

Any way to install CWM kernel in between? I'll be very pleased with a right answer, thanks!!!

boogman7

Dec 3, 2011
Rooting stock 2.3.6

Thanks to you guys who helped with my issue. I got the phone to recognize download mode and flashed a CWM Kernel and then the stock one and kept root. (Thanks DMan) Since I was busy I didn't get this done until Friday and then the Collective comes out with Revelation which after reading the posts I immediately flashed. Prior to Revelation my favorite ROM had been Caty 3.0 but I think Dman and the Collective have put out my new favorite now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.