Disappointed on your decision to make a Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Harboe

A dedicated Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2? I'm disappointed for the first time in XDA. There have been a LOT of requests for a separate forum for our lovely device that is already out in many parts of the world. And now you make a forum for a device that isn't even out yet! :confused:

Last edited:

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
A dedicated Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2? I'm disappointed for the first time in XDA. There have been a LOT of requests for a separate forum for our lovely device that is already out in many parts of the world. And now you make a forum for a device that isn't even out yet! :confused:

The PadFone is very expensive for what it is, and has failed to capture the interests of developers. The Xperia Z already has developer interest. We add devices based on development potential, and as of yet we've not seen anyone who is in a position to develop that is interested.

Reactions: D.Spirit

kutbinahar

Sep 22, 2009
Salmiya
Pleaseeeeee create subforum

I got the phone from ebay US nd loving it without rooting nd custom rom

But trust me Asus rocks but why the moderators are being unfair for this super hero

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Harboe

pulser_g2

Nov 27, 2009
Guessing none of the mods are getting one and then there is no need to make a forum. From the request thread this have been much more sought for that the Sony. Ohh well.

The PadFone series has had a recurring issue of not attracting developer attention, due to being more expensive than other similar products.

There has been no real developer interest that I'm aware of. That's why there's no forum.

DjBastard

and these?

http://www.modaco.com/forum/689-asus-padfone-2/

Please

Do not think it's that difficult to create a forum for padfone own 2, no industrial and other amounts, but there is interest!

And with your help, and creating a forum of their own, surely that would give him a push ...

And just to be specific, tablet + phone 700E. is cheaper to buy a phone and a tablet separately ...

thanks

regards

pulser_g2

Nov 27, 2009
and these?

http://www.modaco.com/forum/689-asus-padfone-2/

Please

Do not think it's that difficult to create a forum for padfone own 2, no industrial and other amounts, but there is interest!

And with your help, and creating a forum of their own, surely that would give him a push ...

And just to be specific, tablet + phone 700E. is cheaper to buy a phone and a tablet separately ...

thanks

regards

Tbh I got a nexus 10 and phone for much less than 700 EUR...

I looked at the looked forum, seems a dead device... There are 6 threads. But if we add a device, mods must be assigned, and various other things done. As such, we don't add nearly as many niche devices as users would like.

I am afraid you've not really showed interest - do you have, for example, an established CM maintainer who has got source built CM running? These are the kinds of things that show developer interest

KidCarter93

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
Guys, you don't need to be asking for a forum for the Padfone 2 because;
1) This is the wrong thread to be requesting a forum be added for it. The relevant thread is stickied at the top of this very forum AND
2) One of the admins has already explained that a forum won't be added unless there's proof of strong development for this device.

If, as already suggested, there was an established CM maintainer who has got CM running on this device, then that would likely greatly increase your chances of having a forum created.

Also, don't say that the Padfone 2 will get more developers once it has a forum because that's a load of rubbish. The device is what intrigues/entices the developers. NOT whether there's is a specific sub-forum or not.
There is a Miscellaneous Android Development forum which is perfect for your needs as you can post any development for the Padfone over there.

Reactions: D.Spirit
Z

zylor

In facebook there is a portuguese group for this device! Guess how many of the people there actually develop something?

In 1500 people... 0 roms, themes, or whatever! So yes, i am quiet happy that they opened the forum for XPeria Z :D

anjo88

Nov 26, 2010
Seixal
is not expensive if u think that u get a phone and a table i buy mine and belive me is fantastic!

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
Some of you just don't get it. You're not getting the forum for the same reason I'm not getting a forum for the Kyocera Rise (except I'm not demanding one like I have some natural right to it). Do any of you have any evidence of custom ROM's, development, etc. for the Padfone?

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
Some of you just don't get it. You're not getting the forum for the same reason I'm not getting a forum for the Kyocera Rise (except I'm not demanding one like I have some natural right to it). Do any of you have any evidence of custom ROM's, development, etc. for the Padfone?

I think there are some evidences, take a look:

root: http://www.modaco.com/topic/360416-superboot-padfone-2-root-solution/

cwm: http://www.modaco.com/topic/360432-r1-customised-recovery-image-for-the-asus-padfone-2/

deodexed rom: http://www.modaco.com/topic/360444-deodexed-wwe-rom-for-the-padfone-2/

"custom rom": http://www.modaco.com/topic/360458-pre-mcr-wwe-rom-for-the-padfone-2/

Finally the guy who is making this come true is a XDA member since 2003, his nick is PaulOBrien

do you need some more?

Last edited:
Reactions: DjBastard

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Finally the guy who is making this come true is a XDA member since 2003, his nick is PaulOBrien

do you need some more?
Yes. If it's just Paul you can easily use modaco as it's his forum.

Guys stop crying in here. XDA is a developers site.
If you really want to have a subforum then start developing for it.
That's the only way you'll get a dedicated forum. Constantly making +1 posts in here isn't helpful.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You seem to forget that this site is for developers, does not matter how many 'normal' users have a device its all down to the amount of developers that are interested in developing for a device
    You can only say it when subforum is created already. Phone has 3 months since it was released, and ASUS doesn't have same "delivery" techniques as Samsung, LG and other brands. So actually the phone is still being getting popular around the world and it will consume a little bit of time.

There is not only Paul modaco threads. The are a few other foruns as PadfoneClub with some development stuff out there.

As XDA is the most popular forum regarding android devices, it's an unique oportunity to centralize information about this wonderful device.

Looks like grudge or something like that, as we can see locked phones with subforum already and Padfone 2 not.

By the way, I'm not crying as some ignorant people are saying, i'm just disappointed to know how things works in here.

I'm sw developer from brazilian federal government but wish could develop to android devices, unfortunatelly I don't have time for that.

The phone has been out 3 months and there are zero custom ROMs, zero AOKP ports, zero CM10 ports, zero custom kernels.

Can you name one other phone that has ever had a forum on here that was out for 3 months without any of those things?

do you need some more?
    Yes. If it's just Paul you can easily use modaco as it's his forum.

Guys stop crying in here. XDA is a developers site.
    If you really want to have a subforum then start developing for it.
    That's the only way you'll get a dedicated forum. Constantly making +1 posts in here isn't helpful.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

The PadFone is very expensive for what it is, and has failed to capture the interests of developers. The Xperia Z already has developer interest. We add devices based on development potential, and as of yet we've not seen anyone who is in a position to develop that is interested.
    Pleaseeeeee create subforum

I got the phone from ebay US nd loving it without rooting nd custom rom

But trust me Asus rocks but why the moderators are being unfair for this super hero

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2