[Q] Micromax Tab P300 Android 4.0.3, Internal memory Issue

Search This thread

xxz21xx

Aug 11, 2013
I have an unbranded tablet running ICS 4.0.4 and I experienced the same problem after updating Busybox.
Since internal memory was not available I had to use the ADB on my PC

In my case i had to do this at command prompt (After installing android sdk tools of course)

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb shell
su
ln -s /system/xbin/busybox /system/bin/busybox (Note the space)

Reboot the tablet.
Check Internal Storage under settings

Hope it helps.

thanks man this work for me thank you so much 3 days trying solution and only this work thanks!!

Farhan23amoex

Dec 20, 2013
Can you tell me?

I have an unbranded tablet running ICS 4.0.4 and I experienced the same problem after updating Busybox.

In my case i had to do this at command prompt (After installing android sdk tools of course)

su

Reboot the tablet.

Hope it helps.

Could more detail what should i do
what the " su " , " ln " , " -s ",...
I do not understand because it's too short
(sory my bad english)

Solution for Terminal Emu

hi Everyone,

I tried searching for a similar thread but was unable to find one, Hence i am posting my problem here. I have divided my question in 3 parts to provide better understandability.

1) About the Device
Well i have a Micromax Tab P300 running the android 4.0.3 provided by the manufacturer.
It has a 2GB Internal storage mounted at /
Another 2GB internal storage mounted at /mnt/sdcard
And External sdCard slot mounted at /mnt/extsdcard

2) Problem
--> a) Whenever the Tab restarts it just looses all settings and starts like it is started for the first time, with all those first time tips and default settings. Even all apps are gone.
--> b) All Apps suddenly vanished (Were installed in internal memmory, no sdcard used)
--> c) If we try to install the app again using google Play, then google play hangs, does not install the app.
--> d) If we go into settings->storage, the first internal storage shows 0.00Bytes
Picture of the storage screen:
storage.jpg

The top most Internal Storage Entry(Full Green Bar) earlier used to show like space available 1.9 GB, But now as shown above it just says: Total Space 0.00B :confused:

3) What i already tried and what i think:
I tried to do:
1) Factory Reset the device
2) Hard Reset the device
3) Restart insanely several times
4) Bang it on the table

What i think could be the issue:
1) Internal storage not mounted
2) Permission error on the file system

It would really be a great help if any one could think of any possible solution

great thanks in advance

PS: I can not install any app, hence i can't install the terminal emulator to see what is the issue deeply :( :mad: :(

I think u should use ADB and change default app installation location to SD card.

It worked for me. But your problem and mine r same (Factory Reset on every Shutdown/Reboot)

Difference is I got scared that my dad will kill me about this topic so i unrooted my Funbook.

Now I googling for my solution. Sabhi ka din aata hai yaaro.:laugh:

Service center

you man are my brother i have all the problems you mentioned with my funbook when i took it to a service center they refused to repair it saying that my invoice didnt had an imei number in it i mean an imei in a tablet without a sim...troll maybe
they asked me to get a new reciept with the imei number printed on it
on a side not did you try to install chainfire3d/changing the ppi by any chance

:confused: I am confused that if i take my funbook to service center will they also ask for IMEI number because I have funbook infinity ??:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i don't know if you havne't solved this already but this worked for me.

hi Everyone,

I tried searching for a similar thread but was unable to find one, Hence i am posting my problem here. I have divided my question in 3 parts to provide better understandability.

1) About the Device
    Well i have a Micromax Tab P300 running the android 4.0.3 provided by the manufacturer.
    It has a 2GB Internal storage mounted at /
    Another 2GB internal storage mounted at /mnt/sdcard
    And External sdCard slot mounted at /mnt/extsdcard

2) Problem
    --> a) Whenever the Tab restarts it just looses all settings and starts like it is started for the first time, with all those first time tips and default settings. Even all apps are gone.
    --> b) All Apps suddenly vanished (Were installed in internal memmory, no sdcard used)
    --> c) If we try to install the app again using google Play, then google play hangs, does not install the app.
    --> d) If we go into settings->storage, the first internal storage shows 0.00Bytes
    Picture of the storage screen:
    storage.jpg

The top most Internal Storage Entry(Full Green Bar) earlier used to show like space available 1.9 GB, But now as shown above it just says: Total Space 0.00B :confused:

3) What i already tried and what i think:
    I tried to do:
    1) Factory Reset the device
    2) Hard Reset the device
    3) Restart insanely several times
    4) Bang it on the table

What i think could be the issue:
    1) Internal storage not mounted
    2) Permission error on the file system

It would really be a great help if any one could think of any possible solution

great thanks in advance

PS: I can not install any app, hence i can't install the terminal emulator to see what is the issue deeply :( :mad: :(

su

Reboot the tablet.

Hope it helps.
    Fix found yeah!

1. Download ES file explorer
    2. Go into the settings for ES File Explorer and make sure to check the two options:
    3. Root Explorer
    4. Mount file system (as writable)
    5. Also enable the option "UP to Root" and/or set the home directory to "/"
    6. Now Just copy busybox from /system/xbin to /system/bin
    7. Navagate to /system/xbin
    8. Long Press on busybox and select "copy" (a paste button will then appear on the lower center of the screen_
    9. Navagate to /system/bin
    10. Click on the paste button and paste.
    11 THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: ES File Explorer won't copy the files permissions by default so you MUST also do the following:
    12 Navigate to /system/bin (you should still be there after your paste)
    13 Long Press on busybox and select "Properties"
    14 Click Change and change permissions to rwx-rwx-r-x by doing the following:
    15 Check all the boxes except for the bottom middle one. (if you check them all it won't hurt anything but you shouldn't)
    16 Click "OK" and then click "OK" to save the changes.
    17 Reboot the tablet by using the long press on the power button to shut down, and the long press to start up again.
    Fixed by reinstalling busybox manually

I had this issue after running a unrooting script found on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18879974#post18879974 which turns out I should not have run since my device did not have busybox on it in the first place. Since the steps in this thread all dealt with busybox I figured I might as well install busybox manually and that fixed it! Here are my steps:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    exit
    exit
    adb push busybox /data/local
    adb shell
    cd /data/local
    chmod 755 busybox
    /data/local/busybox cp /data/local/busybox /system/xbin/busybox
    cd /system/xbin
    chmod 755 busybox
    ./busybox --install -s /system/xbin
    rm /data/local/busybox
    exit
    adb reboot
    try this

try for an custom rom dude.
    FLASH IT

hi everyone,

i tried searching for a similar thread but was unable to find one, hence i am posting my problem here. I have divided my question in 3 parts to provide better understandability.

1) about the device
    well i have a micromax tab p300 running the android 4.0.3 provided by the manufacturer.
    It has a 2gb internal storage mounted at /
    another 2gb internal storage mounted at /mnt/sdcard
    and external sdcard slot mounted at /mnt/extsdcard

2) problem
    --> a) whenever the tab restarts it just looses all settings and starts like it is started for the first time, with all those first time tips and default settings. Even all apps are gone.
    --> b) all apps suddenly vanished (were installed in internal memmory, no sdcard used)
    --> c) if we try to install the app again using google play, then google play hangs, does not install the app.
    --> d) if we go into settings->storage, the first internal storage shows 0.00bytes
    picture of the storage screen:
    storage.jpg

the top most internal storage entry(full green bar) earlier used to show like space available 1.9 gb, but now as shown above it just says: Total space 0.00b :confused:

3) what i already tried and what i think:
    i tried to do:
    1) factory reset the device
    2) hard reset the device
    3) restart insanely several times
    4) bang it on the table

what i think could be the issue:
    1) internal storage not mounted
    2) permission error on the file system

it would really be a great help if any one could think of any possible solution

great thanks in advance

ps: i can not install any app, hence i can't install the terminal emulator to see what is the issue deeply :( :mad: :(

just flash it with new firmware