About Samsung HDMI MHL adapter

Search This thread

b00mb00mchuck

Jul 16, 2012
Right here... Right now
RF choke is unnecessary on HDMI... Digital signal consists of 1's and 0's so any RF noise would not be interpreted by the receiving device.

The introduction of digital signal was to solve the problem of line noise and interference... RF choking digital signal lines plays on old school notions that it helps somehow and cable/wire companies pray on that to make extra money from "high quality" lines that are completely redundant.

Digital (HDMI) is pass or fail... It works or it doesn't work... It doesn't get better with a filter.

Chokes have their place on power cords (stop RF from leaking out) and antenna wires (choke RF before reciever) and analog audio (eliminate RF line noise) but digital cords don't see the same benefits.

I could go on and on about the ripoff of expensive "high speed" HDMI cables but that's a whole nuther subject.

Sardonik

Jul 23, 2011
I think the question was regarding the ferrule around the cable in your pics.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

E

Emiinn

Oh right. Yep that was included dunno for what it is but attached it to the cable anyways

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

ItayPBM

Jul 24, 2012
What about a generic mhl 2.p from eBay? The genuine is way too expensive for me.

Sent from my HTCSensation using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

scarbutt11

Jan 2, 2012
I'd be curious if anyone has any luck with the generic brands also, I'm not spending $50 on a cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this one the real one is one the left, and you may notice how to corners on the device are more defined than the fake one, regarding the outside of it and the HDMI female plug.
    20131218_175359.jpg
    On top is the real one, and it looks like it has a more yellowish hue to the white compared to the fake one.
    20131218_175457.jpg
    Here the real one is on the bottom, and you can tell the MHL label is a little lighter of a shade of grey. The metal male plug is also different, with the real one having a little smoother look to it and where the metal interlocks in the middle it seems to be in a different style in the fake one.
    20131218_175547.jpg
    On the right is the fake one. It looks like the connector's edges are more defined and has two ridges along the bottom, whereas the fake one it seems there are none.
    20131218_175631.jpg
    Let me know if you guys want more pics, I took plenty just in case. :p
    I bought one over the Christmas break, and turned out it was fake, so I sent it back and they sent me a real one. Before returning the fake one I took some comparison pictures side-by-side, and can tell you exactly what it should look like. The real one is very sturdy compared to the fake one.