How to: B506 ROOT

Search This thread

laverdadb

Jun 7, 2012
Budapest
I thought that i open a thread about how to root the new KitKat b506 rom. If anyone had a successfull rooting, post it here. (Without custom recovery)

BB

UpUpAndAway

Apr 8, 2012
VRoot 1.7.6.5833 rooted my Kitkat. Stock recovery.

The only catch is, it installed a Chinese version of Supersu. In old Vroot, I could put an English Superuser in the System partition to replace it. But since the previous version, I couldn't do it. So now I have to put up with a partial English and Chinese allow-dialog. No big deal.

Last edited:

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Vroot works. After root, install SuperSU, update binarys after install SuperSU replaces Chinese root app. Run SuperSU again to be sure all works fine.

Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just a quick question if you don't mind?

Does the SuperSU app work properly, without FC when you open the app?

The reason I'm asking is that the toast message of SuperSU is really long ("SuperSU has granted blah blah blah blah blah" or something like that), and it annoys me! Whereas with Superuser, the Toast message is short and sweet (Superuser has been granted").

EDIT: Never mind, I see the latest SuperSu app on the play store is working perfectly, and I've now uninstalled Superuser. :D
So, I'd REALLY like to turn that toast message off, and I don't want to keep getting the popup saying that the su binary needs to be updated with Superuser.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoarAbelson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dude. People just reported VRoot works.

Sent from my P6-U06 using Tapatalk

Vroot works. After root, install SuperSU, update binarys after install SuperSU replaces Chinese root app. Run SuperSU again to be sure all works fine.

Just a quick question if you don't mind?

Does the SuperSU app work properly, without FC when you open the app?

The reason I'm asking is that the toast message of SuperSU is really long ("SuperSU has granted blah blah blah blah blah" or something like that), and it annoys me! Whereas with Superuser, the Toast message is short and sweet (Superuser has been granted").

EDIT: Never mind, I see the latest SuperSu app on the play store is working perfectly, and I've now uninstalled Superuser. :D
    So, I'd REALLY like to turn that toast message off, and I don't want to keep getting the popup saying that the su binary needs to be updated with Superuser.