Disable magnetic lock / unlock?

Search This thread

k1ckdapro

Dec 12, 2011
Hi, I wanted to know if there is a way to turn off the automatic magnetic unlock feature of the 10.1 Note. I've got a case that sometimes will turn of (lock) my Note 10.1 when I don't want it to turn of, without closing the case itself.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Reactions: 3857

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Check Under accessory settings. Tasker can probably disable the Magnetic Sensor

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BclingergFJ

Sep 28, 2008
I also have that feature disabled. The case also has a cut out for the home button. I traditionally keep the wifi disabled.

Via my Note 3

stevensly

Feb 2, 2012
Hi all,
i'm running into, i believe, is the same issue.
When rotating or moving the tablet, the screen will automatically turn off and lock.
I've disabled the eye sensor, increased the screen time out, and disabled day note, with no luck.
Such a pain!
If i root this device, is there a guaranteed way around this 'feature'?

stevensly

Feb 2, 2012
Well, i couldnt take it anymore and removed the magnet from the case.
Here's the case in question:

w w w.amazon.com/COD-Leather-Samsung-Galaxy-Edition/dp/B00EZB3EXU

what i did was to take another magnet and move it around the cover until it connected with the other magnet.
With a sharp exacto blade, i split the seam of the cover and pulled out the magnet (about 5mm in diamater).
It's all good now :p

Hi all,
i'm running into, i believe, is the same issue.
When rotating or moving the tablet, the screen will automatically turn off and lock.
I've disabled the eye sensor, increased the screen time out, and disabled day note, with no luck.
Such a pain!
If i root this device, is there a guaranteed way around this 'feature'?

inSight01

Feb 6, 2014
I've read that the magnet may also interfere with the stylus pen. Will be getting a new keyboard/touchpad leather case soon but I didn't read whether it had a magnetic strap or not. Guess it won't bother me much and like the user above will probably find a way to remove it.

degakc

Oct 24, 2012
Hi, I wanted to but know if there is a way to turn off the automatic magnetic unlock feature of the 10.1 Note. I've got a case that sometimes will turn of (lock) my Note 10.1 when I don't want it to turn of, without closing the case itself.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

same problem here. Let me know if you found a fix. I even tried the magnetoff xposed module, but it doesn't seem to work.

degakc

Oct 24, 2012
note 10.1 sm-p600

Hi, I wanted to know if there is a way to turn off the automatic magnetic unlock feature of the 10.1 Note. I've got a case that sometimes will turn of (lock) my Note 10.1 when I don't want it to turn of, without closing the case itself.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

having the same problem with my note 10.1. Am using an after market cover which is quite good except that when the cover edges touch, the screen automatically switches off. Very frustrating. Wish samsung would provide a way to disable the magnetic sensor. I am rooted and even tried the magnet off xposed module but it doesn't work.

KpttpK

Dec 23, 2014
Any news about that problem ?? I have to disable the magnetic sensor !!

KpttpK

Dec 23, 2014
Hmm, but i don't want to cut it out.Is there any way to close magnetic sensor with build.prop ? I mean what is the tweak code for this ?

Sharfuddin Ahmed

Aug 16, 2017
Did anyone find any way to turn off the magnetic lock and unlock function? When I backfold my cover (aftermarket), it automatically locks my tab. Which is very irritating. I have Samsung galaxy tab S5e

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a xposed module called MagnetOff

S4 9505 / Note 10.1 2014 P600
    Hit the Thanks button if I was able to help you :)

Thanks in advance,

Ben
    Probably something that would require a kernel level change.
    From Poetic support, turning WiFi off normally takes care of the problem.

Via my Note 3
    I've noticed on mine when I uncheck settings>general>acessory>daynote it won't lock when I close the cover. Worth a shot on yours!